AstonJ

AstonJ

Do you blog?

If so, what was the last blog post you wrote… and if not, why not?

Most Liked

asgartech

asgartech

Be that as it may, I just don’t care much for the climate right now. I don’t feel as safe sharing my thoughts as I used to, and I don’t care much for it. It’s not the government that worries me; it’s corporations deciding that they have a right to police what I do when I’m not on the job and deciding that I’m not suitable for a position for which I’m qualified because of something I wrote a year or a decade ago.

Maybe I’ll feel freer when I retire—assuming I even get to retire. But for now, I write and keep most of it to myself. What I can’t suppress, I publish under a pseudonym.

Rainer

Rainer

I started writing some things this year on my own blog, as I don’t like the big platforms.
Last entry is: Deploy a Phoenix app to Microsoft Azure with Docker
Even if nobody ever finds my page, it’s a good way to keep my how-tos for myself :slight_smile:

asgartech

asgartech

I don’t blog under my own name. It’s not worthwhile for the following reasons:

  1. You can’t just blog. You’re all but invisible without social media.
  2. Every social media site is a virtual sacrifice zone.
  3. Everything you say online under your own name will eventually be held against you.

I do some blogging in gemini space under a pseudonym, but I won’t provide a direct link here.

Where Next?

Popular General Dev topics Top

Devtalk
Hello Devtalk World! Please let us know a little about who you are and where you’re from :nerd_face:
New
AstonJ
Inspired by this tweet by @dasdom Even if you take out all the damage being done by humans, our planet has about 50B years before bein...
New
chasekaylee
Hi there! I have some old Bose in ear noise cancelling headphones that have worked like a champ for the past 3 years and was maybe due fo...
New
AstonJ
Curious to know which languages and frameworks you’re all thinking about learning next :upside_down_face: Perhaps if there’s enough peop...
New
dwaynebradley
For those that are interested, Snyk (developer security tool) announced support for Elixir earlier this week: Just thought I’d pass it...
New
AstonJ
Just listened to @rvirding’s interview here and he mentions #lua (and Luerl) - just wondered if anyone’s used Lua and what you think of it?
New
Margaret
Hello everyone! This thread is to tell you about what authors from The Pragmatic Bookshelf are writing on Medium.
1147 29994 760
New
Exadra37
Kubernetes is everywhere. Transactional apps, video streaming services and machine learning workloads are finding a home on this ever-gro...
New
AstonJ
00:00 The Year 2022 00:38 Web3 03:28 Metaverse 05:05 AI 06:22 Databases 07:31 JavaScript 09:58 Other Trends to Know WDYT - what wi...
New
Maartz
Hey, I love Regex, letting my kids slaming the keyboard until finding the good regex to do the job has always been a source of joy and p...
New

Other popular topics Top

Exadra37
I am thinking in building or buy a desktop computer for programing, both professionally and on my free time, and my choice of OS is Linux...
New
dasdom
No chair. I have a standing desk. This post was split into a dedicated thread from our thread about chairs :slight_smile:
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Design and develop sophisticated 2D games that are as much fun to make as they are to play. From particle effects and pathfinding to soci...
New
New
dimitarvp
Small essay with thoughts on macOS vs. Linux: I know @Exadra37 is just waiting around the corner to scream at me “I TOLD YOU SO!!!” but I...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Author Spotlight Mike Riley @mriley This month, we turn the spotlight on Mike Riley, author of Portable Python Projects. Mike’s book ...
New
First poster: bot
zig/http.zig at 7cf2cbb33ef34c1d211135f56d30fe23b6cacd42 · ziglang/zig. General-purpose programming language and toolchain for maintaini...
New
New
AstonJ
This is cool! DEEPSEEK-V3 ON M4 MAC: BLAZING FAST INFERENCE ON APPLE SILICON We just witnessed something incredible: the largest open-s...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
As digital systems increasingly run the world, mastery of the recurring patterns of software development risk is the key to fast and effe...
New