bscharm

bscharm

Distributed Services with Go: Secure Your Services final make test fails (page 141)

Just a note for other readers as I have resolved my issue.

On page 141 of the text, we are told to update our TLSConfig in the test to enable client verification on the server. The code block looks as such:

serverTLSConfig, err := config.SetupTLSConfig(config.TLSConfig{
	CertFile:      config.ServerCertFile,
	KeyFile:       config.ServerKeyFile,
	CAFile:        config.CAFile,
	ServerAddress: l.Addr().String(),
	Server: true,
})

where Server: true, is newly added to the config. This will cause the tests to fail given the state of the code and specifically the state of the client configuration in the tests. First, the following change to internal/config/files.go should be made:

var (
	CAFile         = configFile("ca.pem")
	ClientCertFile = configFile("client.pem")
	ClientKeyFile  = configFile("client-key.pem")
	ServerCertFile = configFile("server.pem")
	ServerKeyFile  = configFile("server-key.pem")
)

where ClientCertFile and ClientKeyFile are newly added. As such, we should also update our client config in our tests to reference the files (the actual files should have been generated by a run of make gencert that the book has already had us do). The code in the tests should look as such:

clientTLSConfig, err := config.SetupTLSConfig(
	config.TLSConfig{
		CertFile: config.ClientCertFile,
		KeyFile: config.ClientKeyFile,
		CAFile: config.CAFile,
		Server: false,
	},
)

I hope this helps you if you come across this problem.

Where Next?

Popular Pragmatic Bookshelf topics Top

jon
Some minor things in the paper edition that says “3 2020” on the title page verso, not mentioned in the book’s errata online: p. 186 But...
New
rmurray10127
Title: Intuitive Python: docker run… denied error (page 2) Attempted to run the docker command in both CLI and Powershell PS C:\Users\r...
New
adamwoolhether
When trying to generate the protobuf .go file, I receive this error: Unknown flag: --go_opt libprotoc 3.12.3 MacOS 11.3.1 Googling ...
New
jskubick
I’m running Android Studio “Arctic Fox” 2020.3.1 Patch 2, and I’m embarrassed to admit that I only made it to page 8 before running into ...
New
adamwoolhether
Is there any place where we can discuss the solutions to some of the exercises? I can figure most of them out, but am having trouble with...
New
akraut
The markup used to display the uploaded image results in a Phoenix.LiveView.HTMLTokenizer.ParseError error. lib/pento_web/live/product_l...
New
bjnord
Hello @herbert ! Trying to get the very first “Hello, Bracket Terminal!" example to run (p. 53). I develop on an Amazon EC2 instance runn...
New
gorkaio
root_layout: {PentoWeb.LayoutView, :root}, This results in the following following error: no “root” html template defined for PentoWeb...
New
New
dachristenson
I just bought this book to learn about Android development, and I’m already running into a major issue in Ch. 1, p. 20: “Update activity...
New

Other popular topics Top

Exadra37
I am thinking in building or buy a desktop computer for programing, both professionally and on my free time, and my choice of OS is Linux...
New
brentjanderson
Bought the Moonlander mechanical keyboard. Cherry Brown MX switches. Arms and wrists have been hurting enough that it’s time I did someth...
New
Maartz
Hi folks, I don’t know if I saw this here but, here’s a new programming language, called Roc Reminds me a bit of Elm and thus Haskell. ...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Rails 7 completely redefines what it means to produce fantastic user experiences and provides a way to achieve all the benefits of single...
New
AstonJ
If you get Can't find emacs in your PATH when trying to install Doom Emacs on your Mac you… just… need to install Emacs first! :lol: bre...
New
AstonJ
Was just curious to see if any were around, found this one: I got 51/100: Not sure if it was meant to buy I am sure at times the b...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Programming Ruby is the most complete book on Ruby, covering both the language itself and the standard library as well as commonly used t...
New
First poster: bot
zig/http.zig at 7cf2cbb33ef34c1d211135f56d30fe23b6cacd42 · ziglang/zig. General-purpose programming language and toolchain for maintaini...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Develop, deploy, and debug BEAM applications using BEAMOps: a new paradigm that focuses on scalability, fault tolerance, and owning each ...
New
mindriot
Ok, well here are some thoughts and opinions on some of the ergonomic keyboards I have, I guess like mini review of each that I use enoug...
New

Sub Categories: