mikecargal

mikecargal

Apple Game Frameworks and Technologies: downloaded resources suggestion

Title: Apple Game Frameworks and Technologies

I the downloaded resources, I think it would be nice to prefix the directory names with the chapter number. So far, when I go to grab some resources, I find that I have to, first, go look up the name of the chapter I’m on to know which directory to go to.

Marked As Solved

Paradox927

Paradox927

Author and Editor at PragProg

Hey, Mike.

Thanks for reaching out.

Unfortunately, using chapter numbers (even as a prefix) isn’t something we can do. However, there is something you can try:

Hopefully, that’ll help. Take care!

Also Liked

Paradox927

Paradox927

Author and Editor at PragProg

No need to apologize, Mike. It happens. Besides, sometimes it’s not easy to find a thread that matches the problem when you’re in the middle of trying to work it out.

To clarify why we don’t use chapter numbers in our naming conventions: I believe it’s because sometimes chapters get reorganized while the book is still in development, which causes a sort of domino effect. Imagine having to shuffle around multiple folders and file names if you needed to move Chapter 2 to Chapter 11, or something like that. From personal experience, I can tell you that it’s not much fun. :rofl: :joy: :crazy_face:

So, from what I understand, the Finder comments (and I think the tags, too) are tied to the local file system, which means they won’t carry over from my system to yours, but it sounds like you already knew that. It’s unfortunate, and I was hoping Apple would change how that works, but it seems to be by design, at least for now.

In any case, the book is just about ready to go into Production, which means the code files won’t change much from this point on. In a way, you came in at a good time. :slight_smile:

Either way, I do hope you’re enjoying the book. I had a lot of fun writing it.

If you have any more questions, please just let me know. Thanks!

mikecargal

mikecargal

Sorry I missed that this had already been brought up.

I guess the suggestion helps, but isn’t this something that would need to be done with each new beta release (and new .zip file to go with it)?

more rhetorical than anything, if you can’t add the chapter numbers, you can’t add the chapter numbers (though, that, in itself seems like an odd limitation… I’m sure having to do with whatever process is used for authoring the books, but, still… odd)

Where Next?

Popular Pragmatic Bookshelf topics Top

jimmykiang
This test is broken right out of the box… — FAIL: TestAgent (7.82s) agent_test.go:77: Error Trace: agent_test.go:77 agent_test.go:...
New
New
GilWright
Working through the steps (checking that the Info,plist matches exactly), run the demo game and what appears is grey but does not fill th...
New
Alexandr
Hi everyone! There is an error on the page 71 in the book “Programming machine learning from coding to depp learning” P. Perrotta. You c...
New
HarryDeveloper
Hi @venkats, It has been mentioned in the description of ‘Supervisory Job’ title that 2 things as mentioned below result in the same eff...
New
AleksandrKudashkin
On the page xv there is an instruction to run bin/setup from the main folder. I downloaded the source code today (12/03/21) and can’t see...
New
joepstender
The generated iex result below should list products instead of product for the metadata. (page 67) iex> product = %Product{} %Pento....
New
hgkjshegfskef
The test is as follows: Scenario: Intersecting a scaled sphere with a ray Given r ← ray(point(0, 0, -5), vector(0, 0, 1)) And s ← sphere...
New
EdBorn
Title: Agile Web Development with Rails 7: (page 70) I am running windows 11 pro with rails 7.0.3 and ruby 3.1.2p20 (2022-04-12 revision...
New
New

Other popular topics Top

brentjanderson
Bought the Moonlander mechanical keyboard. Cherry Brown MX switches. Arms and wrists have been hurting enough that it’s time I did someth...
New
AstonJ
There’s a whole world of custom keycaps out there that I didn’t know existed! Check out all of our Keycaps threads here: https://forum....
New
Exadra37
I am asking for any distro that only has the bare-bones to be able to get a shell in the server and then just install the packages as we ...
New
AstonJ
In case anyone else is wondering why Ruby 3 doesn’t show when you do asdf list-all ruby :man_facepalming: do this first: asdf plugin-upd...
New
Exadra37
Oh just spent so much time on this to discover now that RancherOS is in end of life but Rancher is refusing to mark the Github repo as su...
New
Maartz
Hi folks, I don’t know if I saw this here but, here’s a new programming language, called Roc Reminds me a bit of Elm and thus Haskell. ...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Author Spotlight Jamis Buck @jamis This month, we have the pleasure of spotlighting author Jamis Buck, who has written Mazes for Prog...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
25 puzzles that will make you a better C programmer by challenging your knowledge of the language, and explaining the technical details o...
New
RobertRichards
Hair Salon Games for Girls Fun Girls Hair Saloon game is mainly developed for kids. This game allows users to select virtual avatars to ...
New
CommunityNews
Open-source implementation of the classic GTA engine now running directly in your browser. Experience the reVC technology demo on DOS.Zon...
New

Sub Categories: