andresriveros

andresriveros

What development podcasts do you listen to?

I am currently subscribed to:

The Ruby Rogues

Remote Ruby

Maintainable

Planet Argon founder and ohmyzsh creator.
https://maintainable.fm

I have listened to several episodes of the following podcasts (I struggle to keep it up on all of them).

Devchat

https://devchat.tv/ has a lot of podcasts for several languages and frameworks.

The Changelog

thoughtbot podcasts

throughbot created factory_bot



Rework

from Basecamp

Share yours :smiley:

Most Liked

davearonson

davearonson

Agile Toolkit, Bike Shed, Changelog, Clean Coders, Elixir Fountain (dead?), Elixir Mix, Elixir Talk, Elixir Wizards, Frontier Podcast by Gun.io, Greater than Code, Maintainable, Ruby Facets (dead?), Ruby on Rails, Ruby Rogues, Soft Skills Engineering, Software Engineering Radio, Software Engineering Unlocked, and Tech Done Right. Almost certainly dead: Web Security Warriors, and Yak Shave. Also used to subscribe to Software Engineering Daily, but couldn’t keep up with that much volume.

AstonJ

AstonJ

Some great podcasts there @andresriveros :+1:

Anyone remember the Ruby5 podcast? I loved it because it was just five minutes long!

I wish there were more podcasts like it tbh - being so short means people are less likely to put it off until they have ‘more time’ - at least that’s what I always end up doing with the longer podcasts!

Perhaps some of you could start a Dev5 podcast :blush:

Where Next?

Popular General Dev topics Top

AstonJ
If you had the ear of a language creator, what would you say - what could they do to make a language that you would use? :upside_down_face:
New
AstonJ
What do you think needs fixing in the digital / computer science sphere?
New
dasdom
No chair. I have a standing desk. This post was split into a dedicated thread from our thread about chairs :slight_smile:
New
AstonJ
Just been adding some more portals, currently have the following languages: Apache Groovy C C# C++ Clojure CoffeeScript Crystal ...
New
Rainer
Not sure if following fits exactly this thread, or if we should have a hobby thread… For many years I’m designing and building model air...
New
AstonJ
Things like smart speakers (such Amazon Alexa), smart TVs or other devices with built in microphones, cameras or with other features that...
New
dwaynebradley
In their weekly newsletter, Jared Santo from the Changelog shared this blog post by Mark Ericksen over at fly.io: What is really inter...
New
foxtrottwist
A few weeks ago I started using Warp a terminal written in rust. Though in it’s current state of development there are a few caveats (tab...
New
DevotionGeo
Amazon CodeWhisperer is an alternative to GitHub Copilot, and it’s free!
New
harwind
I’m working on a Spring Boot project and I have a controller where I want to map multiple request paths to a single method. Let’s say I h...
New

Other popular topics Top

PragmaticBookshelf
Machine learning can be intimidating, with its reliance on math and algorithms that most programmers don't encounter in their regular wor...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Brace yourself for a fun challenge: build a photorealistic 3D renderer from scratch! In just a couple of weeks, build a ray tracer that r...
New
DevotionGeo
I know that these benchmarks might not be the exact picture of real-world scenario, but still I expect a Rust web framework performing a ...
New
brentjanderson
Bought the Moonlander mechanical keyboard. Cherry Brown MX switches. Arms and wrists have been hurting enough that it’s time I did someth...
New
New
AstonJ
Was just curious to see if any were around, found this one: I got 51/100: Not sure if it was meant to buy I am sure at times the b...
New
DevotionGeo
I have always used antique keyboards like Cherry MX 1800 or Cherry MX 8100 and almost always have modified the switches in some way, like...
New
New
New
NewsBot
Node.js v22.14.0 has been released. Link: Release 2025-02-11, Version 22.14.0 'Jod' (LTS), @aduh95 · nodejs/node · GitHub
New