JimmyCarterSon

JimmyCarterSon

Troubleshooting Code: (KeyError) key :changeset not found

I am following this tutorial . I have followed carefully correcting errors as I go. The app allows you to create a blog post and add comments if you so choose. When I click show Posts, this error I am getting:

[error] #PID<0.581.0> running BlogAppWeb.Endpoint (connection #PID<0.552.0>, stream id 6) terminated
Server: localhost:4000 (http)
Request: GET /posts/1
** (exit) an exception was raised:
    ** (KeyError) key :changeset not found in: %{conn: %Plug.Conn{adapter: {Plug.Cowboy.Conn, :...}, assigns: %{layout: {BlogAppWeb.LayoutView, "app.html"}, post: %BlogApp.Posts.Post{__meta__: #Ecto.Schema.Metadata<:loaded, "posts">, body: "This here is my duck named Mr.Lump My friend Anum is here.", comments: #Ecto.Association.NotLoaded<association :comments is not loaded>, id: 1, inserted_at: ~N[2022-03-17 17:38:18], title: "Look at my Duck, his name is Lump", updated_at: ~N[2022-03-18 17:45:40]}}, body_params: %{}, cookies: %{"_blog_app_key" => "SFMyNTY.g3QAAAABbQAAAAtfY3NyZl90b2tlbm0AAAAYSjBybkJSX2U0ZHVyalNoLVkzeHhCdlRt.wbQhUfCTv_8d1yKDupYSNN_ewiSgDMVBypamZHRIP1o", "_live_view_todos_key" => "SFMyNTY.g3QAAAABbQAAAAtfY3NyZl90b2tlbm0AAAAYWWJ1XzE5MnJSSkV6OVl3eVl0cUpvM2pN.NJYDbH-n7JlaQFMHL2_x-T2zhhvyYD6XBmo8GequxP8"}, halted: false, host: "localhost", method: "GET", owner: #PID<0.581.0>, params: %{"id" => "1"}, path_info: ["posts", "1"], path_params: %{"id" => "1"}, port: 4000, private: %{BlogAppWeb.Router => {[], %{Plug.Swoosh.MailboxPreview => ["mailbox"]}}, :before_send => [#Function<0.16477574/1 in Plug.CSRFProtection.call/2>, #Function<2.17183421/1 in Phoenix.Controller.fetch_flash/2>, #Function<0.77458138/1 in Plug.Session.before_send/2>, #Function<0.23023616/1 in Plug.Telemetry.call/2>, #Function<1.46227650/1 in Phoenix.LiveReloader.before_send_inject_reloader/3>], :phoenix_action => :show, :phoenix_controller => BlogAppWeb.PostController, :phoenix_endpoint => BlogAppWeb.Endpoint, :phoenix_flash => %{}, :phoenix_format => "html", :phoenix_layout => {BlogAppWeb.LayoutView, :app}, :phoenix_request_logger => {"request_logger", "request_logger"}, :phoenix_root_layout => {BlogAppWeb.LayoutView, :root}, :phoenix_router => BlogAppWeb.Router, :phoenix_template => "show.html", :phoenix_view => BlogAppWeb.PostView, :plug_session => %{"_csrf_token" => "J0rnBR_e4durjSh-Y3xxBvTm"}, :plug_session_fetch => :done}, query_params: %{}, query_string: "", remote_ip: {127, 0, 0, 1}, req_cookies: %{"_blog_app_key" => "SFMyNTY.g3QAAAABbQAAAAtfY3NyZl90b2tlbm0AAAAYSjBybkJSX2U0ZHVyalNoLVkzeHhCdlRt.wbQhUfCTv_8d1yKDupYSNN_ewiSgDMVBypamZHRIP1o", "_live_view_todos_key" => "SFMyNTY.g3QAAAABbQAAAAtfY3NyZl90b2tlbm0AAAAYWWJ1XzE5MnJSSkV6OVl3eVl0cUpvM2pN.NJYDbH-n7JlaQFMHL2_x-T2zhhvyYD6XBmo8GequxP8"}, req_headers: [{"accept", "text/html,application/xhtml+xml,application/xml;q=0.9,image/avif,image/webp,image/apng,*/*;q=0.8,application/signed-exchange;v=b3;q=0.9"}, {"accept-encoding", "gzip, deflate, br"}, {"accept-language", "en-US,en;q=0.9"}, {"connection", "keep-alive"}, {"cookie", "_live_view_todos_key=SFMyNTY.g3QAAAABbQAAAAtfY3NyZl90b2tlbm0AAAAYWWJ1XzE5MnJSSkV6OVl3eVl0cUpvM2pN.NJYDbH-n7JlaQFMHL2_x-T2zhhvyYD6XBmo8GequxP8; _blog_app_key=SFMyNTY.g3QAAAABbQAAAAtfY3NyZl90b2tlbm0AAAAYSjBybkJSX2U0ZHVyalNoLVkzeHhCdlRt.wbQhUfCTv_8d1yKDupYSNN_ewiSgDMVBypamZHRIP1o"}, {"host", "localhost:4000"}, {"referer", "http://localhost:4000/posts"}, {"sec-ch-ua", "\" Not A;Brand\";v=\"99\", \"Chromium\";v=\"98\", \"Google Chrome\";v=\"98\""}, {"sec-ch-ua-mobile", "?0"}, {"sec-ch-ua-platform", "\"macOS\""}, {"sec-fetch-dest", "document"}, {"sec-fetch-mode", "navigate"}, {"sec-fetch-site", "same-origin"}, {"sec-fetch-user", "?1"}, {"upgrade-insecure-requests", "1"}, {"user-agent", "Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_7) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/98.0.4758.102 Safari/537.36"}], request_path: "/posts/1", resp_body: nil, resp_cookies: %{}, resp_headers: [{"cache-control", "max-age=0, private, must-revalidate"}, {"x-request-id", "Ft5qQ01M_yh3344AAAAE"}, {"x-frame-options", "SAMEORIGIN"}, {"x-xss-protection", "1; mode=block"}, {"x-content-type-options", "nosniff"}, {"x-download-options", "noopen"}, {"x-permitted-cross-domain-policies", "none"}, {"cross-origin-window-policy", "deny"}], scheme: :http, script_name: [], secret_key_base: :..., state: :unset, status: nil}, post: %BlogApp.Posts.Post{__meta__: #Ecto.Schema.Metadata<:loaded, "posts">, body: "This here is my duck named Mr.Lump My friend Anum is here.", comments: #Ecto.Association.NotLoaded<association :comments is not loaded>, id: 1, inserted_at: ~N[2022-03-17 17:38:18], title: "Look at my Duck, his name is Lump", updated_at: ~N[2022-03-18 17:45:40]}}
        (blog_app 0.1.0) lib/blog_app_web/templates/post/show.html.heex:19: anonymous fn/2 in BlogAppWeb.PostView."show.html"/1
        (phoenix_live_view 0.17.7) lib/phoenix_live_view/engine.ex:124: Phoenix.HTML.Safe.Phoenix.LiveView.Rendered.to_iodata/1
        (phoenix_live_view 0.17.7) lib/phoenix_live_view/engine.ex:140: Phoenix.HTML.Safe.Phoenix.LiveView.Rendered.to_iodata/3
        (phoenix 1.6.6) lib/phoenix/controller.ex:772: Phoenix.Controller.render_and_send/4
        (blog_app 0.1.0) lib/blog_app_web/controllers/post_controller.ex:1: BlogAppWeb.PostController.action/2
        (blog_app 0.1.0) lib/blog_app_web/controllers/post_controller.ex:1: BlogAppWeb.PostController.phoenix_controller_pipeline/2
        (phoenix 1.6.6) lib/phoenix/router.ex:355: Phoenix.Router.__call__/2
        (blog_app 0.1.0) lib/blog_app_web/endpoint.ex:1: BlogAppWeb.Endpoint.plug_builder_call/2
        (blog_app 0.1.0) lib/plug/debugger.ex:136: BlogAppWeb.Endpoint."call (overridable 3)"/2
        (blog_app 0.1.0) lib/blog_app_web/endpoint.ex:1: BlogAppWeb.Endpoint.call/2
        (phoenix 1.6.6) lib/phoenix/endpoint/cowboy2_handler.ex:54: Phoenix.Endpoint.Cowboy2Handler.init/4
        (cowboy 2.9.0) /Users/shansiddiqui/Desktop/blog_app/deps/cowboy/src/cowboy_handler.erl:37: :cowboy_handler.execute/2
        (cowboy 2.9.0) /Users/shansiddiqui/Desktop/blog_app/deps/cowboy/src/cowboy_stream_h.erl:306: :cowboy_stream_h.execute/3
        (cowboy 2.9.0) /Users/shansiddiqui/Desktop/blog_app/deps/cowboy/src/cowboy_stream_h.erl:295: :cowboy_stream_h.request_process/3
        (stdlib 3.17) proc_lib.erl:226: :proc_lib.init_p_do_apply/3

This error is coming when I Get Posts, also I cant show posts? Any Idea to go around this

Marked As Solved

dimitarvp

dimitarvp

Since that’s an exercise I believe there’s no harm if you post it publicly on GitHub and link it here. Maybe the tutorial is stale, maybe it made a small error (or maybe you did).

In any case yeah, there’s no Ecto.Changeset in the object that’s being consulted nor there should be so there’s code that’s looking at the wrong place.

Also Liked

JimmyCarterSon

JimmyCarterSon

I actually did find the answer I combed the code and found that there were two functions. I am running into a new error that is confusing me!

Now I have a new error compile error. The function does exist but, cannot be found.Do you think it was to do with the alias (referencing) the component?

Error:

== Compilation error in file lib/blog_app_web/views/post_view.ex ==
** (CompileError) lib/blog_app_web/views/post_view.ex:2: module BlogWeb is not loaded and could not be found
    (elixir 1.13.3) expanding macro: Kernel.use/2
    lib/blog_app_web/views/post_view.ex:2: BlogWeb.PostView (module)

Post_view.ex:

defmodule BlogWeb.PostView do
	use BlogWeb, :view
	alias BlogApp.Posts

	def get_comments_count(post_id) do
		Posts.get_number_of_comments(post_id)
	end
end
dimitarvp

dimitarvp

Look for which module in your app defines a view function e.g.

defmodule YourModule do
  dev view do
    # ...
  end
end

In your case it should be BlogWeb but who knows, maybe it’s another one.

Where Next?

Popular Backend topics Top

Rainer
Is there somewhere a good introduction to rust for experienced programmers (with years of C++/C#/Java experience)? Wanted to give it a t...
New
IhorYachmenov
Hello. I have an iOS app where needs a proxying website through private server(HTTP / HTTPS proxy), but its idea each time has some trou...
New
JimmyCarterSon
I am following this tutorial . I have followed carefully correcting errors as I go. The app allows you to create a blog post and add comm...
New
conradwt
Hi, I’m building an application that will have support for both the web and mobile. At this time, I’m using PhxGenAuth for authenticatio...
New
Fl4m3Ph03n1x
Background I have a personal project that is an elixir desktop application for PC Windows. It works pretty well, but now I want to give i...
New
Fl4m3Ph03n1x
Background I have to queries that return a colossal amount of data on their own. I cannot use Repo.all as doing so would materialize thes...
New
harwind
In C, how they are different? char str[] = "xyz"; // statement //and char str[4] = "xyz"; // statement The first, i...
/c
New
Fl4m3Ph03n1x
Background I have a phoenix application in Windows 11. Unfortunately for me, I cannot compile the application because of a dependency err...
New
jaeyson
Hi! I have clarifications (please correct me, as I mostly mix/confuse this details) with the following: The term RAG here where it read...
New
AstonJ
If you’re getting errors like this: psql: error: connection to server on socket “/tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432” failed: No such file or directory ...
New

Other popular topics Top

Devtalk
Reading something? Working on something? Planning something? Changing jobs even!? If you’re up for sharing, please let us know what you’...
1063 24245 395
New
AstonJ
Or looking forward to? :nerd_face:
503 15149 280
New
AstonJ
This looks like a stunning keycap set :orange_heart: A LEGENDARY KEYBOARD LIVES ON When you bought an Apple Macintosh computer in the e...
New
AstonJ
Do the test and post your score :nerd_face: :keyboard: If possible, please add info such as the keyboard you’re using, the layout (Qw...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Leverage Elixir and the Nx ecosystem to build intelligent applications that solve real-world problems in computer vision, natural languag...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Develop, deploy, and debug BEAM applications using BEAMOps: a new paradigm that focuses on scalability, fault tolerance, and owning each ...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Build modern server-driven web applications using htmx. Whatever programming language you use, you’ll write less (and cleaner) code. ...
New
RobertRichards
Hair Salon Games for Girls Fun Girls Hair Saloon game is mainly developed for kids. This game allows users to select virtual avatars to ...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Write elegant Ruby code—not just correct, but idiomatic. Go beyond the vocabulary and syntax and learn to express yourself with eloquence...
New
xiji2646-netizen
There’s a GitHub repo at forrestchang/andrej-karpathy-skills that’s sitting at 97.8k stars. It’s a single CLAUDE.md file with four behavi...
New