CommunityNews

CommunityNews

The future of web software is HTML over WebSockets

The future of web-based software architectures is already taking form, and this time it’s server-rendered (again). Papa’s got a brand new bag: HTML-over-WebSockets and broadcast everything all the time…

This thread was posted by one of our members via one of our news source trackers.

Most Liked

dimitarvp

dimitarvp

That is SO not true. Those futures keep being predicted by people in areas with excellent internet coverage. Not a coincidence.

PaigePalmer

PaigePalmer

The future of web Software is HTML over Web sockets is correct things. In my research I found it that the HTML over websockets in future .
It has a lots of benefits;

  1. HTML rendering / processing happens solely on the back-end
  2. Real-time
  3. The Websockets protocol is faster than HTTP
  4. Works with slow connections
  5. Create a SPA with hardly any JavaScript
  6. Straightforward SEO
OvermindDL1

OvermindDL1

Guh, I hope not. I don’t want pages that require JS. I don’t want pages that require mountains of CSS. I want pages that can render easily in a terminal, in elinks, where I live most of my life. Accessibility is extremely important! Sites that absolutely hard require javascript to even function are near always an instant write-off in my book. This is my major issue with Discourse, sure I can see it fine without JS, but it is not “functional” without it to use, when it absolutely could have been… The workaround of handling it’s JSON api via a TUI is very very situational specific and does not scale to other sites that are broken in the same way.

Where Next?

Popular Frontend topics Top

psantos
In this tutorial, I’ll walk you step-by-step on how to install TailwindCSS 2.0 on Ruby on Rails.
New
First poster: bot
The challenge of searching static websites is effectively a solved problem with brilliant, yet widely unadopted, solutions. These projec...
New
First poster: dimitarvp
The future of web-based software architectures is already taking form, and this time it’s server-rendered (again). Papa’s got a brand new...
New
First poster: bot
You can write fast, modern, responsive web applications by generating your HTML on the server, and delivering that (with a little help) d...
New
First poster: bot
Backend languages in the browser have been a thing for a long time. Google Web Toolkit would compile Java applications into JavaScript, a...
New
XSukhpreet
Mine is Firebase because it is easy to learn and fast .
New
First poster: bot
Implementing an app redesign is never routine nor easy. Two weeks after I was hired at Polytomic, I began implementing the app’s first re...
New
First poster: bot
Star Wars Scene Transition Effects in CSS. You know those wipe transitions between scenes in Star Wars movies? Have you ever thought it ...
New
First poster: bot
Why in 2021 would you bother making a website without js? While researching this post I found two really great sources of information. S...
/js
New
mssantosdev
Our take on how to build a frontend style guide with Phoenix Components, Atomic Design and plain CSS, with focus on reusability and code ...
New

Other popular topics Top

Exadra37
I am thinking in building or buy a desktop computer for programing, both professionally and on my free time, and my choice of OS is Linux...
New
brentjanderson
Bought the Moonlander mechanical keyboard. Cherry Brown MX switches. Arms and wrists have been hurting enough that it’s time I did someth...
New
Maartz
Hi folks, I don’t know if I saw this here but, here’s a new programming language, called Roc Reminds me a bit of Elm and thus Haskell. ...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Rails 7 completely redefines what it means to produce fantastic user experiences and provides a way to achieve all the benefits of single...
New
AstonJ
If you get Can't find emacs in your PATH when trying to install Doom Emacs on your Mac you… just… need to install Emacs first! :lol: bre...
New
AstonJ
Was just curious to see if any were around, found this one: I got 51/100: Not sure if it was meant to buy I am sure at times the b...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Programming Ruby is the most complete book on Ruby, covering both the language itself and the standard library as well as commonly used t...
New
First poster: bot
zig/http.zig at 7cf2cbb33ef34c1d211135f56d30fe23b6cacd42 · ziglang/zig. General-purpose programming language and toolchain for maintaini...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Develop, deploy, and debug BEAM applications using BEAMOps: a new paradigm that focuses on scalability, fault tolerance, and owning each ...
New
mindriot
Ok, well here are some thoughts and opinions on some of the ergonomic keyboards I have, I guess like mini review of each that I use enoug...
New