brainlid

brainlid

Thinking Elixir 265 - LiveView 1.1 Goes Live and Stack Overflow Results

Episode 265 of Thinking Elixir. News includes Phoenix LiveView v1.1 being released with exciting new features like colocated JavaScript, portals for teleporting content, keyed comprehensions, and improved change tracking, Stack Overflow Survey 2025 results showing Elixir as the third most admired language and Phoenix as the most admired web framework for the third year running, Peter Solnica announcing a new high-level relation abstraction library called drops_relation built on top of Ecto, The Primeagen (a popular YouTube dev influencer) switching to Elixir and showcasing pattern matching features, Software Mansion organizing Global Elixir Meetups around the world for September 2025, ElixirConf US 2025 tickets available with a discount code, and more!

Where Next?

Popular Backend topics Top

First poster: wolf4earth
Understanding Partial Moves in Rust. Partial moves are an interesting but often misunderstood feature of Rust. However, with the right ...
New
AstonJ
Just listening to this now… Totally agree with @FrancescoC’s and @thompson_si’s comment “learn to learn” :sunglasses: In our talk we’...
New
paulanthonywilson
I had a bit of a mini-adventure following Sobelow’s advice on adding a CSP to a Phoenix App. If you want to follow along, or want to add ...
New
CommunityNews
This thread was posted by one of our members via one of our news source trackers.
New
First poster: bot
I’ve been more serious about learning Rust recently, after dragging on with passive learning for a while. My first real programming langu...
New
brainlid
We take a deeper dive with Nathan Long into IOLists in Elixir. We cover what they are, how they work, the power they have when concatenat...
New
wolf4earth
Charles Max Wood takes the lead this week. He and Adi Iyengar discuss what Top End Devs are and what people should be doing to become Top...
New
StuntProgrammer
In building lofi.limo, media storage and distribution naturally came up. I have songs, announcements, and background image loops which I ...
New
Johannes-Werbrouck
In this blog post over on Fly.io I take a look at PHP 8.1’s new Enum class, and show you how it can be used to set up a level structure f...
New
GoulvenClech
Hi everyone :wave: I’m excited to share an article detailing how we have reorganized our Elixir/Phoenix project’s directory structure. W...
New

Other popular topics Top

PragmaticBookshelf
Machine learning can be intimidating, with its reliance on math and algorithms that most programmers don't encounter in their regular wor...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Brace yourself for a fun challenge: build a photorealistic 3D renderer from scratch! In just a couple of weeks, build a ray tracer that r...
New
DevotionGeo
I know that these benchmarks might not be the exact picture of real-world scenario, but still I expect a Rust web framework performing a ...
New
brentjanderson
Bought the Moonlander mechanical keyboard. Cherry Brown MX switches. Arms and wrists have been hurting enough that it’s time I did someth...
New
New
AstonJ
Was just curious to see if any were around, found this one: I got 51/100: Not sure if it was meant to buy I am sure at times the b...
New
DevotionGeo
I have always used antique keyboards like Cherry MX 1800 or Cherry MX 8100 and almost always have modified the switches in some way, like...
New
New
New
NewsBot
Node.js v22.14.0 has been released. Link: Release 2025-02-11, Version 22.14.0 'Jod' (LTS), @aduh95 · nodejs/node · GitHub
New