AstonJ

AstonJ

Standing Desk Treadmills & Bikes

Thought it might be worth having a dedicated thread for standing desk treadmills (for those interested, here’s our general thread on standing desks).

So far I’ve found this one that looks suitable:

It’s the widest I can find (45cm mat) in a flat treadmill (most are 40cm). I did also consider the foldable one, but they can only be used for walking as most only go up to a speed of 3km/h. The one on the video above can go up to 6km/h.

This one seems to be purpose built, but seems so small!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sportstech-DESKFIT-Treadmill-healthy-practical/dp/B07DKXWRGH

This is a folding one:

Here are some general threads about walking desks:

Most Liked

dimitarvp

dimitarvp

I kind of started shilling for Steelcase but they have pretty awesome things, like this one:

Sit-to-Walkstation

or this one:

Walkstation

I am not very interested but my wife instantly was :smiley:

dimitarvp

dimitarvp

Man, there’s literally physically no space where to put it. I’ll settle for two huge height-adjustable desks and will do my best to spend much more time to stand and not to sit.

Qqwy

Qqwy

Just a thought, are there any people who have experimented with a ‘home trainer’ rather than a threadmill? Maybe a stationary bike-like setup might make it easier to keep typing/mousing than a threadmill?

Where Next?

Popular General Dev topics Top

AstonJ
The obligatory speed test thread :smiley: Check here: https://www.speedtest.net When complete, click on the share link and copy and pas...
New
AstonJ
Thread to discuss ideas and thoughts on how developers might be able help in the Coronavirus pandemic.
New
AstonJ
What do you think needs fixing in the digital / computer science sphere?
New
chasekaylee
Hi there! I have some old Bose in ear noise cancelling headphones that have worked like a champ for the past 3 years and was maybe due fo...
New
AstonJ
Just been adding some more portals, currently have the following languages: Apache Groovy C C# C++ Clojure CoffeeScript Crystal ...
New
DevotionGeo
As the title suggests, this thread will contain some real wisdom came from experience. Please add something meaningful than fancy looking...
New
finner
When you are under pressure to deliver you ideally want your Pull Request to be reviewed, approved and merged as quick as possible. So do...
New
DevotionGeo
I am planning to refresh my Ruby knowledge in a month or two, after using other technologies more frequently for a few years. Luckily I w...
New
ivanhercaz
Hi! I usually keep changelogs for my projects because I think they are really useful, not only to track the changes and not to be lost b...
New
AstonJ
Curious whether you remap your Caps Lock. Do you remap your Caps Lock key? poll I have no idea what Globe is btw, just seen it in the ma...
New

Other popular topics Top

PragmaticBookshelf
Machine learning can be intimidating, with its reliance on math and algorithms that most programmers don't encounter in their regular wor...
New
DevotionGeo
The V Programming Language Simple language for building maintainable programs V is already mentioned couple of times in the forum, but I...
New
AstonJ
Continuing the discussion from Thinking about learning Crystal, let’s discuss - I was wondering which languages don’t GC - maybe we can c...
New
Margaret
Hello everyone! This thread is to tell you about what authors from The Pragmatic Bookshelf are writing on Medium.
1147 29994 760
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Create efficient, elegant software tests in pytest, Python's most powerful testing framework. Brian Okken @brianokken Edited by Kat...
New
AstonJ
If you get Can't find emacs in your PATH when trying to install Doom Emacs on your Mac you… just… need to install Emacs first! :lol: bre...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Author Spotlight Mike Riley @mriley This month, we turn the spotlight on Mike Riley, author of Portable Python Projects. Mike’s book ...
New
First poster: bot
zig/http.zig at 7cf2cbb33ef34c1d211135f56d30fe23b6cacd42 · ziglang/zig. General-purpose programming language and toolchain for maintaini...
New
mindriot
Ok, well here are some thoughts and opinions on some of the ergonomic keyboards I have, I guess like mini review of each that I use enoug...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Write elegant Ruby code—not just correct, but idiomatic. Go beyond the vocabulary and syntax and learn to express yourself with eloquence...
New