Maartz
New Swift's Regex DSL
Hey,
I love Regex, letting my kids slaming the keyboard until finding the good regex to do the job has always been a source of joy and pleasure.
But it seems that this time is over… at least for the Swift folks around here.
This DSL allows to create a Regex with in a “a la” SwiftUI approach.
import RegexBuilder
let emailPattern = Regex {
let word = OneOrMore(.word)
Capture {
ZeroOrMore {
word
"."
}
word
}
"@"
Capture {
word
OneOrMore {
"."
word
}
}
} // => Regex<(Substring, Substring, Substring)>
let email = "My email is my.name@mail.swift.org."
if let match = try emailPattern.firstMatch(in: email) {
let (wholeMatch, name, domain) = match.output
// wholeMatch: "my.name@mail.swift.org"
// name: "my.name"
// domain: "mail.swift.org"
}
The first exemple is absolutely terrific and I’ve watched the whole video. It’s promising.
What do you think of this new approach?
I’d be very happy to see it adopted in other languages. IMHO it’s time to drop the old syntax.
First Post!
AstonJ
Interesting! Wonder if something similar could be done for other languages?
I’d be lost without rubular.com ![]()
Popular General Dev topics
Want to plug where you work? Here’s your chance!
Perhaps you could also mention what kind of stuff you’re working on? :nerd_face:
New
I am a Linux user since 2012, more or less, and I always use Ubuntu on my computers, and my last 2 laptops have been used Thinkpads, wher...
New
Do the test and post your score :nerd_face:
:keyboard:
If possible, please add info such as the keyboard you’re using, the layout (Qw...
New
The V Programming Language
Simple language for building maintainable programs
V is already mentioned couple of times in the forum, but I...
New
In their weekly newsletter, Jared Santo from the Changelog shared this blog post by Mark Ericksen over at fly.io:
What is really inter...
New
Just listened to @rvirding’s interview here and he mentions #lua (and Luerl) - just wondered if anyone’s used Lua and what you think of it?
New
Maybe a specific language or framework? Or a book or tool perhaps? What’s made your life easier and what do you think could make the live...
New
Hello everyone! This thread is to tell you about what authors from The Pragmatic Bookshelf are writing on Medium.
New
Amazon CodeWhisperer is an alternative to GitHub Copilot, and it’s free!
New
Hi!
I usually keep changelogs for my projects because I think they are really useful, not only to track the changes and not to be lost b...
New
Other popular topics
Instantly view the changes you make to an app with stateful hot reload, and define a declarative UI in the same language as the app logic...
New
Design and develop sophisticated 2D games that are as much fun to make as they are to play. From particle effects and pathfinding to soci...
New
My first contact with Erlang was about 2 years ago when I used RabbitMQ, which is written in Erlang, for my job. This made me curious and...
New
I ended up cancelling my Moonlander order as I think it’s just going to be a bit too bulky for me.
I think the Planck and the Preonic (o...
New
Inside our android webview app, we are trying to paste the copied content from another app eg (notes) using navigator.clipboard.readtext ...
New
Develop, deploy, and debug BEAM applications using BEAMOps: a new paradigm that focuses on scalability, fault tolerance, and owning each ...
New
A Brief Review of the Minisforum V3 AMD Tablet.
Update: I have created an awesome-minisforum-v3 GitHub repository to list information fo...
New
I’m able to do the “artistic” part of game-development; character designing/modeling, music, environment modeling, etc.
However, I don’t...
New
Hello,
I’m a beginner in Android development and I’m facing an issue with my project setup. In my build.gradle.kts file, I have the foll...
New
Background
Lately I am in a quest to find a good quality TTS ai generation tool to run locally in order to create audio for some videos I...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
- All
- In The News (11383)
- Dev Chat
- Questions (37)
- Resources (122)
- Blogs/Talks (29)
- Jobs (3)
- Events (15)
- Code Editors (59)
- Hardware (60)
- Reviews (5)
- Sales (16)
- Design & UX (5)
- Marketing & SEO (2)
- Industry & Culture (14)
- Ethics & Privacy (19)
- Business (4)
- Learning Methods (7)
- Content Creators (7)
- DevOps & Hosting (14)
Popular Portals
- /elixir
- /rust
- /wasm
- /ruby
- /erlang
- /phoenix
- /keyboards
- /python
- /js
- /rails
- /security
- /go
- /swift
- /vim
- /java
- /clojure
- /typescript
- /emacs
- /haskell
- /svelte
- /onivim
- /kotlin
- /react
- /c-plus-plus
- /crystal
- /tailwind
- /gleam
- /ocaml
- /elm
- /vscode
- /flutter
- /html
- /ash
- /deepseek
- /zig
- /opensuse
- /centos
- /php
- /scala
- /react-native
- /lisp
- /sublime-text
- /textmate
- /nixos
- /debian
- /agda
- /deno
- /django
- /kubuntu
- /arch-linux
- /nodejs
- /spring
- /ubuntu
- /revery
- /manjaro
- /julia
- /quarkus
- /lua
- /diversity
- /laravel









