AstonJ
Do you trust web-enabled devices in your home?
Things like smart speakers (such Amazon Alexa), smart TVs or other devices with built in microphones, cameras or with other features that could enable them to leak personal or private info.
Judging by the sales of these items, most people don’t seem to be bothered, but as developers, I wonder what some of you might think?
Most Liked
Carter
Too late 
5
Carter
Hell no!
Dumb tv + smart box
3
iPaul
No, I don’t trust these kind of devices and I have no plan to keep one in my house. On the other hand I have my mobile phone always with me so …
3
Popular General Dev topics
Hello Devtalk World!
Please let us know a little about who you are and where you’re from :nerd_face:
New
Thread to discuss ideas and thoughts on how developers might be able help in the Coronavirus pandemic.
New
Figured this would be a cool topic and maybe provide some inspiration for those who are just starting to work from home. Feel free to sha...
New
Which apps do you think are killing it right now?
Either from a technical perspective or ones that you like personally or feel have been...
New
What do you think needs fixing in the digital / computer science sphere?
New
Curious to know which languages and frameworks you’re all thinking about learning next :upside_down_face:
Perhaps if there’s enough peop...
New
Things like smart speakers (such Amazon Alexa), smart TVs or other devices with built in microphones, cameras or with other features that...
New
Kubernetes is everywhere. Transactional apps, video streaming services and machine learning workloads are finding a home on this ever-gro...
New
I’ve been watching Prag Dave’s Elixir course and I noticed he uses tree:
Tree is a recursive directory listing program that produces a ...
New
I’m developing a web-based application that uses Java servlets to make RPC calls.
I’m searching for a solid technique to dispatch and ha...
New
Other popular topics
No chair. I have a standing desk.
This post was split into a dedicated thread from our thread about chairs :slight_smile:
New
New
I am asking for any distro that only has the bare-bones to be able to get a shell in the server and then just install the packages as we ...
New
Learn different ways of writing concurrent code in Elixir and increase your application's performance, without sacrificing scalability or...
New
Hi folks,
I don’t know if I saw this here but, here’s a new programming language, called Roc
Reminds me a bit of Elm and thus Haskell. ...
New
Build efficient applications that exploit the unique benefits of a pure functional language, learning from an engineer who uses Haskell t...
New
Author Spotlight:
Bruce Tate
@redrapids
Programming languages always emerge out of need, and if that’s not always true, they’re defin...
New
This is a very quick guide, you just need to:
Download LM Studio: https://lmstudio.ai/
Click on search
Type DeepSeek, then select the o...
New
A concise guide to MySQL 9 database administration, covering fundamental concepts, techniques, and best practices.
Neil Smyth
MySQL...
New
Quickly turn complex problems into simple, working solutions using functional programming, safe concurrency, and the expressive tools of ...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
- All
- In The News (11391)
- Dev Chat
- Questions (38)
- Resources (122)
- Blogs/Talks (29)
- Jobs (3)
- Events (15)
- Code Editors (59)
- Hardware (60)
- Reviews (5)
- Sales (16)
- Design & UX (5)
- Marketing & SEO (2)
- Industry & Culture (14)
- Ethics & Privacy (19)
- Business (4)
- Learning Methods (7)
- Content Creators (7)
- DevOps & Hosting (14)
Popular Portals
- /elixir
- /rust
- /wasm
- /ruby
- /erlang
- /phoenix
- /keyboards
- /python
- /js
- /rails
- /security
- /go
- /swift
- /vim
- /java
- /clojure
- /typescript
- /emacs
- /haskell
- /svelte
- /onivim
- /kotlin
- /react
- /c-plus-plus
- /crystal
- /tailwind
- /gleam
- /ocaml
- /elm
- /vscode
- /flutter
- /html
- /ash
- /deepseek
- /zig
- /opensuse
- /centos
- /php
- /react-native
- /scala
- /lisp
- /sublime-text
- /textmate
- /nixos
- /debian
- /agda
- /deno
- /django
- /kubuntu
- /arch-linux
- /nodejs
- /spring
- /ubuntu
- /revery
- /manjaro
- /julia
- /lua
- /quarkus
- /diversity
- /markdown









