Mung

Mung

Modern CSS with Tailwind: No Love for Windows users

Title: Modern CSS with Tailwind: bin/setup not working on windows (page 4)

$ bin/setup doesn’t work on Windows

Tried $ ruby bin/setup. This ran the setup script but failed on yarn.

Edited the bin/setup script to have ‘ruby bin/yarn’ which then ran bin/yarn but that also failed even though yarn is present.

D:\projects\css\tailwind-css>bin/setup
‘bin’ is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

D:\projects\css\tailwind-css>rails bin/setup

D:\projects\css\tailwind-css>ruby bin/setup
== Installing dependencies ==
The Gemfile’s dependencies are satisfied

== Command [“bin/yarn”] failed ==

D:\projects\css\tailwind-css>ruby bin/setup
== Installing dependencies ==
Yarn executable was not detected in the system.
Download Yarn at https://yarnpkg.com/en/docs/install

== Command [“ruby bin/yarn”] failed ==

D:\projects\css\tailwind-css>yarn -v
1.22.5

First Post!

Mung

Mung

Perhaps instead of relying on bin/setup provide a list of commands to run manually on Windows platforms? Then provide any files which need to be edited manually?

Where Next?

Popular Pragmatic Bookshelf topics Top

telemachus
Python Testing With Pytest - Chapter 2, warnings for “unregistered custom marks” While running the smoke tests in Chapter 2, I get these...
New
raul
Hi Travis! Thank you for the cool book! :slight_smile: I made a list of issues and thought I could post them chapter by chapter. I’m rev...
New
herminiotorres
Hi! I know not the intentions behind this narrative when called, on page XI: mount() |> handle_event() |> render() but the correc...
New
jgchristopher
“The ProductLive.Index template calls a helper function, live_component/3, that in turn calls on the modal component. ” Excerpt From: Br...
New
adamwoolhether
I’m not quite sure what’s going on here, but I’m unable to have to containers successfully complete the Readiness/Liveness checks. I’m im...
New
taguniversalmachine
It seems the second code snippet is missing the code to set the current_user: current_user: Accounts.get_user_by_session_token(session["...
New
andreheijstek
After running /bin/setup, the first error was: The foreman' command exists in these Ruby versions: That was easy to fix: gem install fore...
New
New
gorkaio
root_layout: {PentoWeb.LayoutView, :root}, This results in the following following error: no “root” html template defined for PentoWeb...
New
davetron5000
Hello faithful readers! If you have tried to follow along in the book, you are asked to start up the dev environment via dx/build and ar...
New

Other popular topics Top

Devtalk
Reading something? Working on something? Planning something? Changing jobs even!? If you’re up for sharing, please let us know what you’...
1063 24245 395
New
DevotionGeo
I know that these benchmarks might not be the exact picture of real-world scenario, but still I expect a Rust web framework performing a ...
New
Exadra37
I am thinking in building or buy a desktop computer for programing, both professionally and on my free time, and my choice of OS is Linux...
New
Rainer
My first contact with Erlang was about 2 years ago when I used RabbitMQ, which is written in Erlang, for my job. This made me curious and...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Use WebRTC to build web applications that stream media and data in real time directly from one user to another, all in the browser. ...
New
husaindevelop
Inside our android webview app, we are trying to paste the copied content from another app eg (notes) using navigator.clipboard.readtext ...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
25 puzzles that will make you a better C programmer by challenging your knowledge of the language, and explaining the technical details o...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Fight complexity and reclaim the original spirit of agility by learning to simplify how you develop software. The result: a more humane a...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
This book forgoes the abstract and instead provides concrete examples to help you better leverage the unique properties of Elixir, Erlang...
New
pragdave
Build robust LLM-powered apps, chatbots, and agents while mastering AI engineering principles that will help you outlast the tools and th...
New

Sub Categories: