adkelley

adkelley

Engineering Elixir Applications:Snapshot usage may exceed monthly free tier

Ellie Fairholm @elliefairholm and Josep Giralt D’Lacoste @Gilacost

Due to the two snapshots we created in Chapter 6, I’m forecasted to exceed AWS’ free monthly tier threshold for Snapshot usage (40% on Oct 6). I imagine I’ll need them through the remainder of the book (I’m on Chapter 7).

You mention earlier in the book that the free-tier should be sufficient. I’d like to avoid any AWS fees while working through the book, How can I solve this?

First Post!

Gilacost

Gilacost

Author of Engineering Elixir Applications

Hi @adkelley , thanks for the comment. If you get charged, the amount you should have to pay should be minimal as you’ll only pay for the time that your storage is above 30GB, Free Cloud Computing Services - AWS Free Tier. To reduce your costs though, you can delete any old AMIs and only keep the most recent one, and also remember to destroy your terraform infrastructure when you’re not actively going through the book. But thanks for letting us know, we’ll update the disclaimer.

Where Next?

Popular Pragmatic Bookshelf topics Top

jimschubert
In Chapter 3, the source for index introduces Config on page 31, followed by more code including tests; Config isn’t introduced until pag...
New
belgoros
Following the steps described in Chapter 6 of the book, I’m stuck with running the migration as described on page 84: bundle exec sequel...
New
HarryDeveloper
Hi @venkats, It has been mentioned in the description of ‘Supervisory Job’ title that 2 things as mentioned below result in the same eff...
New
cro
I am working on the “Your Turn” for chapter one and building out the restart button talked about on page 27. It recommends looking into ...
New
nicoatridge
Hi, I have just acquired Michael Fazio’s “Kotlin and Android Development” to learn about game programming for Android. I have a game in p...
New
hgkjshegfskef
The test is as follows: Scenario: Intersecting a scaled sphere with a ray Given r ← ray(point(0, 0, -5), vector(0, 0, 1)) And s ← sphere...
New
mert
AWDWR 7, page 152, page 153: Hello everyone, I’m a little bit lost on the hotwire part. I didn’t fully understand it. On page 152 @rub...
New
Henrai
Hi, I’m working on the Chapter 8 of the book. After I add add the point_offset, I’m still able to see acne: In the image above, I re...
New
bjnord
Hello @herbert ! Trying to get the very first “Hello, Bracket Terminal!" example to run (p. 53). I develop on an Amazon EC2 instance runn...
New
New

Other popular topics Top

dasdom
No chair. I have a standing desk. This post was split into a dedicated thread from our thread about chairs :slight_smile:
New
New
Exadra37
I am asking for any distro that only has the bare-bones to be able to get a shell in the server and then just install the packages as we ...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Learn different ways of writing concurrent code in Elixir and increase your application's performance, without sacrificing scalability or...
New
Maartz
Hi folks, I don’t know if I saw this here but, here’s a new programming language, called Roc Reminds me a bit of Elm and thus Haskell. ...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Build efficient applications that exploit the unique benefits of a pure functional language, learning from an engineer who uses Haskell t...
New
New
AstonJ
This is a very quick guide, you just need to: Download LM Studio: https://lmstudio.ai/ Click on search Type DeepSeek, then select the o...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
A concise guide to MySQL 9 database administration, covering fundamental concepts, techniques, and best practices. Neil Smyth MySQL...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Quickly turn complex problems into simple, working solutions using functional programming, safe concurrency, and the expressive tools of ...
New

Latest in Engineering Elixir Applications

Engineering Elixir Applications Portal ❯

Sub Categories: