rmurray10127

rmurray10127

Intuitive Python: docker run… denied error (page 2)

Title: Intuitive Python: docker run… denied error (page 2)

Attempted to run the docker command in both CLI and Powershell
PS C:\Users\rmurr> docker run --pull=always --interactive --tty --rm ghcr.io/davidmuller/intuitivepython-book/intuitive-python-book:latest /bin/bash
docker: Error response from daemon: Head https://ghcr.io/v2/davidmuller/intuitivepython-book/intuitive-python-book/manifests/latest: denied.
See ‘docker run --help’.

Tried … --pull=“always” …
Same error

Marked As Solved

davidmuller

davidmuller

Author of Intuitive Python

Hi @rmurray10127 it looks like there is a typo in the above command. intuitivepython-book should be intuitive-python-book.

Here’s a full docker run command without the typo that should work:

docker run --pull=always --interactive --tty --rm ghcr.io/davidmuller/intuitive-python-book/intuitive-python-book:latest /bin/bash

Also Liked

rmurray10127

rmurray10127

Thanks for your reply. It looks like the typo was induced by my cut/paste from the text. I used Foxit and also tried Adobe Acrobat DC. There is something about the first line ending with a ‘-’ that neither tool likes. Sorry for the wild goose chase.

davidmuller

davidmuller

Author of Intuitive Python

Ah got it—that’s a frustrating cut/paste behavior.

I will see if there’s an alternate way we can layout that part of the book so it’s more likely to behave better with cut/paste.

rmurray10127

rmurray10127

Hi,
I have seen another behavior related to docker. It seems that docker and Virtualbox will not run on Windows 10 workstation. There is lots of Google traffic on the topic ranging from definitely yes to definitely no. I cannot find any yes solution that is doable by the casual user. The behavior I saw was docker runs fine but the VMs in VirtualBox will not start. I think this is due to a conflict on the use of Windows HyperV. I wonder how many of your readers will be using Virtualbox for some other activity, and may run into this problem? I am not sure that this issue is in your scope , but thought you could use the information.

Where Next?

Popular Pragmatic Bookshelf topics Top

jeffmcompsci
Title: Design and Build Great Web APIs - typo “https://company-atk.herokuapp.com/2258ie4t68jv” (page 19, third bullet in URL list) Typo:...
New
Alexandr
Hi everyone! There is an error on the page 71 in the book “Programming machine learning from coding to depp learning” P. Perrotta. You c...
New
lirux
Hi Jamis, I think there’s an issue with a test on chapter 6. I own the ebook, version P1.0 Feb. 2019. This test doesn’t pass for me: ...
New
Mmm
Hi, build fails on: bracket-lib = “~0.8.1” when running on Mac Mini M1 Rust version 1.5.0: Compiling winit v0.22.2 error[E0308]: mi...
New
curtosis
Running mix deps.get in the sensor_hub directory fails with the following error: ** (Mix) No SSH public keys found in ~/.ssh. An ssh aut...
New
jskubick
I think I might have found a problem involving SwitchCompat, thumbTint, and trackTint. As entered, the SwitchCompat changes color to hol...
New
brunogirin
When installing Cards as an editable package, I get the following error: ERROR: File “setup.py” not found. Directory cannot be installe...
New
andreheijstek
After running /bin/setup, the first error was: The foreman' command exists in these Ruby versions: That was easy to fix: gem install fore...
New
New
davetron5000
Hello faithful readers! If you have tried to follow along in the book, you are asked to start up the dev environment via dx/build and ar...
New

Other popular topics Top

PragmaticBookshelf
From finance to artificial intelligence, genetic algorithms are a powerful tool with a wide array of applications. But you don't need an ...
New
AstonJ
Do the test and post your score :nerd_face: :keyboard: If possible, please add info such as the keyboard you’re using, the layout (Qw...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Tailwind CSS is an exciting new CSS framework that allows you to design your site by composing simple utility classes to create complex e...
New
DevotionGeo
The V Programming Language Simple language for building maintainable programs V is already mentioned couple of times in the forum, but I...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Programming Ruby is the most complete book on Ruby, covering both the language itself and the standard library as well as commonly used t...
New
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Build modern server-driven web applications using htmx. Whatever programming language you use, you’ll write less (and cleaner) code. ...
New
AstonJ
This is cool! DEEPSEEK-V3 ON M4 MAC: BLAZING FAST INFERENCE ON APPLE SILICON We just witnessed something incredible: the largest open-s...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Overarching tutorial for Python beginner and intermediate developers that teaches web development with the Flask framework. Miguel Gr...
New
xiji2646-netizen
Woke up to this today: Claude Code’s complete source code exposed via npm source map. Not a snippet. All 512,000 lines. 1,900 TypeScript ...
New

Sub Categories: