victor
Creating Software with Modern Diagramming Techniques: Asynchronous interactions with Kafka (page 62)
In page 62, it is mentioned that all the interactions are synchronous and that you modify the calls to the title service to be asynchronous for the sake of showing how to do it.
I wonder, why not use Kafka for the example, since in previous chapters it was already mentioned that calls to it where asynchronous? No need to make up contrived examples.
First Post!
ashleypeacock
Author of Creating Software with Modern Diagramming Techniques
Yup that’s an excellent idea, not sure why I didn’t pick that up when I covered async!
Popular Pragmatic Bookshelf topics
page 37
ANTLRInputStream input = new ANTLRInputStream(is);
as of ANTLR 4 .8 should be:
CharStream stream = CharStreams.fromStream(i...
New
Working through the steps (checking that the Info,plist matches exactly), run the demo game and what appears is grey but does not fill th...
New
Title: Hands-On Rust (Chap 8 (Adding a Heads Up Display)
It looks like
.with_simple_console_no_bg(SCREEN_WIDTH*2, SCREEN_HEIGHT*2...
New
In case this helps anyone, I’ve had issues setting up the rails source code. Here were the solutions:
In Gemfile, change
gem 'rails'
t...
New
I think I might have found a problem involving SwitchCompat, thumbTint, and trackTint.
As entered, the SwitchCompat changes color to hol...
New
Hi, I have just acquired Michael Fazio’s “Kotlin and Android Development” to learn about game programming for Android. I have a game in p...
New
When installing Cards as an editable package, I get the following error:
ERROR: File “setup.py” not found. Directory cannot be installe...
New
When trying to run tox in parallel as explained on page 151, I got the following error:
tox: error: argument -p/–parallel: expected one...
New
Is the book’s epub format available to read on Google Play Books?
New
Title: Agile Web Development with Rails 7: (page 70)
I am running windows 11 pro with rails 7.0.3 and ruby 3.1.2p20 (2022-04-12 revision...
New
Other popular topics
Hello Devtalk World!
Please let us know a little about who you are and where you’re from :nerd_face:
New
Write Elixir tests that you can be proud of. Dive into Elixir’s test philosophy and gain mastery over the terminology and concepts that u...
New
poll
poll
Be sure to check out @Dusty’s article posted here: An Introduction to Alternative Keyboard Layouts It’s one of the best write-...
New
I’ve been hearing quite a lot of comments relating to the sound of a keyboard, with one of the most desirable of these called ‘thock’, he...
New
Author Spotlight
Jamis Buck
@jamis
This month, we have the pleasure of spotlighting author Jamis Buck, who has written Mazes for Prog...
New
25 puzzles that will make you a better C programmer by challenging your knowledge of the language, and explaining the technical details o...
New
A masterclass in the fundamentals and principles of functional programming.
Minh Quang Tran
The Art of Functional Programming is a ma...
New
Curious what kind of results others are getting, I think actually prefer the 7B model to the 32B model, not only is it faster but the qua...
New
Fight complexity and reclaim the original spirit of agility by learning to simplify how you develop software. The result: a more humane a...
New
Escape callback hell and ship fast, clean code that reads as smoothly as it runs. Squash bugs and stamp out memory leaks with an intuitiv...
New
Latest in Creating Software with Modern Diagramming Techniques
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Popular Portals
- /elixir
- /rust
- /wasm
- /ruby
- /erlang
- /phoenix
- /keyboards
- /python
- /js
- /rails
- /security
- /go
- /swift
- /vim
- /java
- /clojure
- /typescript
- /emacs
- /haskell
- /svelte
- /onivim
- /kotlin
- /react
- /c-plus-plus
- /crystal
- /tailwind
- /gleam
- /ocaml
- /elm
- /vscode
- /flutter
- /html
- /ash
- /deepseek
- /zig
- /opensuse
- /centos
- /php
- /react-native
- /scala
- /lisp
- /sublime-text
- /textmate
- /nixos
- /debian
- /agda
- /deno
- /django
- /kubuntu
- /nodejs
- /arch-linux
- /spring
- /ubuntu
- /revery
- /manjaro
- /julia
- /quarkus
- /lua
- /diversity
- /laravel









