tauseeqafzal
Android Data Recovery Application [Kotlin,Java] - is there any way to read the .trash directory?
Question: Android Developer
→ is there any way to read the .trash directory?
→ we can copy or save the file before delete ?
#android #developer
Most Liked
windzoontechnologies
It was recommended for us to remove the project and re-start, but when I did this, all of my files were gone, and they’re not in the trash either (OSX).
1
saifkhan760
In Android, the .Trash directory is not a standard directory used for storing deleted files. Instead, deleted files are typically moved to the system’s Trash or Recycle Bin, which is managed by the operating system.
1
manevdave
To read the .trash directory in an Android data recovery application, you would need:
-
Root access: Most of the time, accessing hidden directories like
.trashrequires root access to the device, as Android restricts access to certain system directories for security and privacy reasons. -
File permissions: Ensure the app has the appropriate permissions (
READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGEorMANAGE_EXTERNAL_STORAGEfor accessing storage on Android 10 and above). -
App-specific implementation: If the
.trashfolder is created by a specific app, you may need to interact with that app’s internal data structures or use the app’s APIs (if available).
Without root access or specific app APIs, directly reading the .trash folder may not be feasible.
1
Popular Android topics
Hi, I’m working on an app who make the conversion between decimal degrees and degrees minutes seconds. I have to make an “Export” button ...
New
Hi,
I made an android app and created a signature with keytool. I then bundled the signature in the apk. So, I was wondering if, wanting...
New
Android studio displayed access is denied during gradle build
C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_251\native\68d5fa5c4cc2d200863cafc0d521ce42...
New
Dear Sir,
I am a beginner in Android App development and I am currently trying to establish a connection between my Android Studio Java ...
New
Hello
I am starting the tearning curve to writing an app for my galaxy phone.
Me and my friens play a lot of “Texas Hold-Em” and, for t...
New
I am trying to develop an app which will make your smartphone act as a “keyboard”. I need it to send different symbols to another devices...
New
Honest question, do companies still use Java for their new android apps?
I thought everybody was using Kotlin these days.
New
There is an Android app. I just want to create two GRAPHS with CPU Runtime and Battery Consumption.
It is as simple as this.
I tried w...
New
I am trying to implement the PIN entry page using device’s TEE. I have acquired the confidential OEM Documentation. It have some C++ code...
New
I have installed Android studio, first the snap version, then downloaded Panda 2.x from the website. In both versions, the emulator keeps...
New
Other popular topics
Algorithms and data structures are much more than abstract concepts. Mastering them enables you to write code that runs faster and more e...
New
Free and open source software is the default choice for the technologies that run our world, and it’s built and maintained by people like...
New
New
My first contact with Erlang was about 2 years ago when I used RabbitMQ, which is written in Erlang, for my job. This made me curious and...
New
I ended up cancelling my Moonlander order as I think it’s just going to be a bit too bulky for me.
I think the Planck and the Preonic (o...
New
Hello everyone! This thread is to tell you about what authors from The Pragmatic Bookshelf are writing on Medium.
New
Develop, deploy, and debug BEAM applications using BEAMOps: a new paradigm that focuses on scalability, fault tolerance, and owning each ...
New
This is a very quick guide, you just need to:
Download LM Studio: https://lmstudio.ai/
Click on search
Type DeepSeek, then select the o...
New
Node.js v22.14.0 has been released.
Link: Release 2025-02-11, Version 22.14.0 'Jod' (LTS), @aduh95 · nodejs/node · GitHub
New
Lint your docs like code: turn any style guide into enforceable rules with Vale and publish clear, consistent content every time.
...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Popular Portals
- /elixir
- /rust
- /wasm
- /ruby
- /erlang
- /phoenix
- /keyboards
- /python
- /js
- /rails
- /security
- /go
- /swift
- /vim
- /java
- /clojure
- /typescript
- /emacs
- /haskell
- /svelte
- /onivim
- /kotlin
- /react
- /c-plus-plus
- /crystal
- /tailwind
- /gleam
- /ocaml
- /elm
- /vscode
- /flutter
- /html
- /ash
- /deepseek
- /zig
- /opensuse
- /centos
- /php
- /react-native
- /scala
- /lisp
- /textmate
- /sublime-text
- /nixos
- /debian
- /agda
- /deno
- /django
- /kubuntu
- /nodejs
- /arch-linux
- /spring
- /ubuntu
- /revery
- /manjaro
- /julia
- /quarkus
- /lua
- /diversity
- /markdown









