AstonJ

AstonJ

Annoying macOS bugs

Anyone else experience bugs with macOS?

I have two that are annoying me…

  1. Every now and again after waking from sleep, Safari CPU consumption goes through the roof! I have to force quite and restart for it to stop. (If you just quit normally then you have to go to history > reopen windows from last session to get all your tabs and windows back - force quitting seems to avoid this)

  2. The right hand side of the top menu bar keeps disappearing! This has only started happening after the most recent update!

Anyone else experiencing these or other bugs?

Most Liked

albydarned

albydarned

Not sure if its a bug per se, but one that gets to me is the mail app randomly deciding to open itself and show up in the middle of my screen. It’s interrupted many of my meetings…

Anyone else have that happen and know how to stop it?

dimitarvp

dimitarvp

I barely use my MacBook Pro but I very often get 100% CPU after it wakes up – although it’s not only Safari, very often it’s the indexer, and sometimes other odd system services.

But yep, the Safari thing happened once on my iMac Pro as well. Took about 20 minutes for it to stop, was pretty strange but I was curious and left it alone to see if it will stop by itself. It did.

About the second point: nope, never. Maybe you have an older Mac with an NVIDIA GPU?

albydarned

albydarned

Yeah, i’ve heard before its due to automatic mail checking… I’ll have to look into it again. Thanks for the reply!

Where Next?

Popular Macos topics Top

AstonJ
What was it? What language did you use? How did you find the experience?
New
AstonJ
Just over an hour to go… anyone going to be watching it? New Macs? :nerd_face:
New
New
Exadra37
On modern versions of macOS, you simply can’t power on your computer, launch a text editor or eBook reader, and write or read, without a ...
New
AstonJ
Thought it might be interesting to have a thread for any unusual bugs we might come across…
New
New
dimitarvp
Small essay with thoughts on macOS vs. Linux: I know @Exadra37 is just waiting around the corner to scream at me “I TOLD YOU SO!!!” but I...
New
CommunityNews
Over the past decade, a large and opaque industry has been amassing increasing amounts of personal data.1,2 A complex ecosystem of websi...
New
AstonJ
I almost did last night, but then had a change of heart - might just see what others think or wait for the initial set of bug-fixes first...
New
AstonJ
If you want a quick and easy way to block any website on your Mac using Little Snitch simply… File > New Rule: And select Deny, O...
New

Other popular topics Top

New
PragmaticBookshelf
Free and open source software is the default choice for the technologies that run our world, and it’s built and maintained by people like...
New
Margaret
Hello everyone! This thread is to tell you about what authors from The Pragmatic Bookshelf are writing on Medium.
1147 29994 760
New
mafinar
This is going to be a long an frequently posted thread. While talking to a friend of mine who has taken data structure and algorithm cou...
New
AstonJ
Was just curious to see if any were around, found this one: I got 51/100: Not sure if it was meant to buy I am sure at times the b...
New
AstonJ
If you want a quick and easy way to block any website on your Mac using Little Snitch simply… File > New Rule: And select Deny, O...
New
First poster: bot
zig/http.zig at 7cf2cbb33ef34c1d211135f56d30fe23b6cacd42 · ziglang/zig. General-purpose programming language and toolchain for maintaini...
New
New
sir.laksmana_wenk
I’m able to do the “artistic” part of game-development; character designing/modeling, music, environment modeling, etc. However, I don’t...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Overarching tutorial for Python beginner and intermediate developers that teaches web development with the Flask framework. Miguel Gr...
New