CommunityNews
Apple to allow socket filters/firewalls (Little Snitch, etc) to monitor/block all network traffic
https://twitter.com/patrickwardle/status/1349488392732491776
This thread was posted by one of our members via one of our news source trackers.
Most Liked
dimitarvp
I hope this is true! It might also mean that Apple finally found a way to hide traffic below the kernel level though. 
1
AstonJ
I hope not! And now that the light has been shone on it people will be monitoring network traffic. I hope someone comes out with smart routers/modems that check -all- network traffic and allow little-snitch type controls. However, how long before we find routers are sending info about us back home too? Is anyone even checking? ![]()
1
dimitarvp
Well, there are open source routers. Whether somebody is actually seriously auditing them is another matter entirely…
1
Popular Macos topics
Anyone else experience bugs with macOS?
I have two that are annoying me…
Every now and again after waking from sleep, Safari CPU cons...
New
New
Apparently Apple is working on new Mac Pros that will be half the size of current Mac Pros…
As part of the transition to Apple Silicon,...
New
On modern versions of macOS, you simply can’t power on your computer, launch a text editor or eBook reader, and write or read, without a ...
New
Small essay with thoughts on macOS vs. Linux:
I know @Exadra37 is just waiting around the corner to scream at me “I TOLD YOU SO!!!” but I...
New
I think we need a macOS rants thread - just for those little things that bug us :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:
Feel free to start dedica...
New
Following this news: https://forum.devtalk.com/t/silver-sparrow-new-malware-found-on-30k-macs-has-security-pros-stumped/7241 just wondere...
New
Posting this for future reference :grin:
Open Automater > New > Quick Action
Change Workflow receives current to no input
...
New
New Macs look good! Tho I hate the notch - why does it have to be so big?
Will be interested in seeing reviews of real world usage and w...
New
If you want a quick and easy way to block any website on your Mac using Little Snitch simply…
File > New Rule:
And select Deny, O...
New
Other popular topics
Brace yourself for a fun challenge: build a photorealistic 3D renderer from scratch! In just a couple of weeks, build a ray tracer that r...
New
Ruby, Io, Prolog, Scala, Erlang, Clojure, Haskell. With Seven Languages in Seven Weeks, by Bruce A. Tate, you’ll go beyond the syntax—and...
New
Bought the Moonlander mechanical keyboard. Cherry Brown MX switches. Arms and wrists have been hurting enough that it’s time I did someth...
New
You might be thinking we should just ask who’s not using VSCode :joy: however there are some new additions in the space that might give V...
New
Tailwind CSS is an exciting new CSS framework that allows you to design your site by composing simple utility classes to create complex e...
New
A few weeks ago I started using Warp a terminal written in rust. Though in it’s current state of development there are a few caveats (tab...
New
I am trying to crate a game for the Nintendo switch, I wanted to use Java as I am comfortable with that programming language. Can you use...
New
Author Spotlight
Mike Riley
@mriley
This month, we turn the spotlight on Mike Riley, author of Portable Python Projects. Mike’s book ...
New
Author Spotlight:
Bruce Tate
@redrapids
Programming languages always emerge out of need, and if that’s not always true, they’re defin...
New
Develop, deploy, and debug BEAM applications using BEAMOps: a new paradigm that focuses on scalability, fault tolerance, and owning each ...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Popular Portals
- /elixir
- /rust
- /wasm
- /ruby
- /erlang
- /phoenix
- /keyboards
- /python
- /js
- /rails
- /security
- /go
- /swift
- /vim
- /java
- /clojure
- /typescript
- /emacs
- /haskell
- /svelte
- /onivim
- /kotlin
- /react
- /c-plus-plus
- /crystal
- /tailwind
- /gleam
- /ocaml
- /elm
- /vscode
- /flutter
- /html
- /ash
- /deepseek
- /zig
- /opensuse
- /centos
- /php
- /react-native
- /scala
- /lisp
- /sublime-text
- /textmate
- /nixos
- /debian
- /agda
- /deno
- /django
- /kubuntu
- /nodejs
- /arch-linux
- /spring
- /ubuntu
- /revery
- /manjaro
- /julia
- /diversity
- /quarkus
- /lua
- /laravel









