AstonJ

AstonJ

macOS Monterey - anyone upgraded to it yet?

I almost did last night, but then had a change of heart - might just see what others think or wait for the initial set of bug-fixes first :lol:

Most Liked

mindriot

mindriot

No they did not, the default setup might have changed, not sure I didn’t use them much because it used to annoy me if I mistakenly triggered them. It is a bit strange with the quick note one though because when you pop the cursor into the quick note corner it becomes a button to create a new note, but when you have it set to any of the other actions then it just happens. While I get that others might disagree: I’d almost prefer it if they all followed this pattern as it is similarly fast but not something that happens by accident, regardless it makes the quick note one feel out of place in a lot of ways.

Maartz

Maartz

Got Monterey since day one, as I have an Apple Developer account. The beta was good, but I feel like Apple is not pushing the features of macOS as far as they do for iOS/iPadOS.

Hallski

Hallski

In Safari 15 for macOS that was released a while back (and the beta I believe) you had two options for the tabs. Both of them had them look more like regular buttons than a tab from a tab index, something that has been highly debated since it was first announced:

But with the release of Monterey, Apple had reverted back to the old look (there is still an option called compact that puts them on the same row as the address bar):

Where Next?

Popular Macos topics Top

First poster: bot
Hackers jailbreak Apple’s T2 security chip powered by bridgeOS - Report Cyber Crime. The Apple T2 security chip has finally been jailbro...
New
First poster: bot
MacOS Nix Setup (an alternative to Homebrew). I recently got a new Macbook, and began setting up the Nix package manager to install my d...
New
First poster: ohm
Docker fails to launch on Apple Silicon · Issue #4733 · docker/for-mac. Fails to launch on Apple Silicon (unsurprisingly given it's so n...
New
AstonJ
Thought it might be interesting to have a thread for any unusual bugs we might come across…
New
AstonJ
Following this news: https://forum.devtalk.com/t/silver-sparrow-new-malware-found-on-30k-macs-has-security-pros-stumped/7241 just wondere...
New
AstonJ
This used to be easy - simply drag whatever files you want to onto a Time Machine disk. Now, macOS reserves the entire APFS disk for Time...
New
AstonJ
I almost did last night, but then had a change of heart - might just see what others think or wait for the initial set of bug-fixes first...
New
AstonJ
New Macs look good! Tho I hate the notch - why does it have to be so big? Will be interested in seeing reviews of real world usage and w...
New
New
AstonJ
For anyone else who finds the large number of recent items annoying when right-clicking the finder icon on Mac, simply: System Prefs &gt...
New

Other popular topics Top

Exadra37
Please tell us what is your preferred monitor setup for programming(not gaming) and why you have chosen it. Does your monitor have eye p...
New
AstonJ
I ended up cancelling my Moonlander order as I think it’s just going to be a bit too bulky for me. I think the Planck and the Preonic (o...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Learn different ways of writing concurrent code in Elixir and increase your application's performance, without sacrificing scalability or...
New
Margaret
Hello everyone! This thread is to tell you about what authors from The Pragmatic Bookshelf are writing on Medium.
1147 29994 760
New
foxtrottwist
A few weeks ago I started using Warp a terminal written in rust. Though in it’s current state of development there are a few caveats (tab...
New
AstonJ
If you want a quick and easy way to block any website on your Mac using Little Snitch simply… File > New Rule: And select Deny, O...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Use advanced functional programming principles, practical Domain-Driven Design techniques, and production-ready Elixir code to build scal...
New
pragdave
Build robust LLM-powered apps, chatbots, and agents while mastering AI engineering principles that will help you outlast the tools and th...
New
CommunityNews
Open-source implementation of the classic GTA engine now running directly in your browser. Experience the reVC technology demo on DOS.Zon...
New
xiji2646-netizen
Woke up to this today: Claude Code’s complete source code exposed via npm source map. Not a snippet. All 512,000 lines. 1,900 TypeScript ...
New