AstonJ
How to: create automated commands and then give them a keyboard shortcut on a Mac
Posting this for future reference 
-
Open Automater >
New>Quick Action -
Change
Workflow receives currenttono input -
Click on the
Recordicon -
Click on your app and then do what you want it to then click the
stopbutton.
Once done, delete the first command (clicking on the app) and then save it. Then ensure you have given the app permission in your Mac settings via Security & Privacy > Acessibility > Allow the apps below to control your computer.
Then go to the app, and from the menu bar, under Name of app > Services > Name you gave the action click it to see if it works, if it doesn’t, then you can set up a custom keyboard shortcut for it 
(To delete a quick action, delete the file from .Library > Services)
Popular Macos topics
New
MacOS Nix Setup (an alternative to Homebrew).
I recently got a new Macbook, and began setting up the Nix package manager to install my d...
New
Hi there!
I am a new iMac user (this is the first Apple’s product for me), and I am wondering should I update the mac OS system to the n...
New
New
New
Just noticed this after the latest macOS update (11.3.1) - you can now set a low res (non-retina/HiDPR) mode:
Handy if you need a 1:1...
New
I almost did last night, but then had a change of heart - might just see what others think or wait for the initial set of bug-fixes first...
New
New Macs look good! Tho I hate the notch - why does it have to be so big?
Will be interested in seeing reviews of real world usage and w...
New
For anyone else who finds the large number of recent items annoying when right-clicking the finder icon on Mac, simply:
System Prefs >...
New
Hello, Apple developers!
I want to upload an app to testflight, but I’m having the issue from the picture and I can’t get around it.
Ha...
New
Other popular topics
Andy and Dave wrote this influential, classic book to help their clients create better software and rediscover the joy of coding. Almost ...
New
New
Author Spotlight
Mike Riley
@mriley
This month, we turn the spotlight on Mike Riley, author of Portable Python Projects. Mike’s book ...
New
Programming Ruby is the most complete book on Ruby, covering both the language itself and the standard library as well as commonly used t...
New
Develop, deploy, and debug BEAM applications using BEAMOps: a new paradigm that focuses on scalability, fault tolerance, and owning each ...
New
Hello,
I’m a beginner in Android development and I’m facing an issue with my project setup. In my build.gradle.kts file, I have the foll...
New
Curious what kind of results others are getting, I think actually prefer the 7B model to the 32B model, not only is it faster but the qua...
New
Overarching tutorial for Python beginner and intermediate developers that teaches web development with the Flask framework.
Miguel Gr...
New
Fight complexity and reclaim the original spirit of agility by learning to simplify how you develop software. The result: a more humane a...
New
Quickly turn complex problems into simple, working solutions using functional programming, safe concurrency, and the expressive tools of ...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Popular Portals
- /elixir
- /rust
- /wasm
- /ruby
- /erlang
- /phoenix
- /keyboards
- /python
- /js
- /rails
- /security
- /go
- /swift
- /vim
- /java
- /clojure
- /typescript
- /emacs
- /haskell
- /svelte
- /onivim
- /kotlin
- /react
- /c-plus-plus
- /crystal
- /tailwind
- /gleam
- /ocaml
- /elm
- /vscode
- /flutter
- /html
- /ash
- /deepseek
- /zig
- /opensuse
- /centos
- /php
- /react-native
- /scala
- /lisp
- /sublime-text
- /textmate
- /nixos
- /debian
- /agda
- /deno
- /django
- /kubuntu
- /arch-linux
- /nodejs
- /ubuntu
- /spring
- /revery
- /manjaro
- /julia
- /quarkus
- /lua
- /diversity
- /laravel









