AstonJ

AstonJ

What is your ideal conference talk time (when watching online) (poll)

Just wondering whether you have a preference (I know I do!)

  • Around 15 minutes
  • Around 20 minutes
  • Around 30 minutes
  • Around 45 minutes
  • Around 1 hour
  • Around 1 hour 30 mins
  • 2 hours or more

0 voters

Most Liked

AstonJ

AstonJ

I’ve put around 20 minutes (although up to 30 would probably be ok). I just find I lose attention after that and there are so many talks out there that I want to watch, having a limit would mean I could get more in! :smiley:

NobbZ

NobbZ

As I understood it, its about the optimal length of a talk you are watching/listening to.

NobbZ

NobbZ

This is indeed true, though I answered this poll under the assumption that the speaker picked me up. And even then ~45 minutes is just the maximum. Then I need a 5 to 10 minute pause.

I could endure a 60 minute talk, though that wouldn’t be any joy anymore. And just “pausing” a talk that isn’t meant to be paused, doesn’t make it really better.

Where Next?

Popular General Dev topics Top

AstonJ
Which apps do you think are killing it right now? Either from a technical perspective or ones that you like personally or feel have been...
New
chasekaylee
Hi everyone! I have been in the professional industry for ~2 years now coming from a boot camp. I started a base foundation by programmin...
New
chasekaylee
I’ve been using the classic notebook to-do list, but I’m curious to hear what awesome tools are out there that I am not aware of. I’m alw...
New
AstonJ
Just been adding some more portals, currently have the following languages: Apache Groovy C C# C++ Clojure CoffeeScript Crystal ...
New
Exadra37
I am a Linux user since 2012, more or less, and I always use Ubuntu on my computers, and my last 2 laptops have been used Thinkpads, wher...
New
finner
One of my 2021 resolutions is to read more tech books. As part of this effort I purchased two MEAPs (Manning Early Access Program) which...
New
DevotionGeo
The V Programming Language Simple language for building maintainable programs V is already mentioned couple of times in the forum, but I...
New
jamiedumont
This is all going to be a bit hand-wavey and straight off the top of my head, so bear with me, but it’s a thought/debate that’s been ratt...
New
chaptuck
I am thinking about getting a fitness tracker of some kind (probably one from Garmin). Have any of you developed your own widgets, watchf...
New
harwind
I’m working on a C++ program where I need to convert a string containing a numeric value into an integer. I want to ensure that this conv...
New

Other popular topics Top

PragmaticBookshelf
Andy and Dave wrote this influential, classic book to help their clients create better software and rediscover the joy of coding. Almost ...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Rust is an exciting new programming language combining the power of C with memory safety, fearless concurrency, and productivity boosters...
New
DevotionGeo
The V Programming Language Simple language for building maintainable programs V is already mentioned couple of times in the forum, but I...
New
AstonJ
We’ve talked about his book briefly here but it is quickly becoming obsolete - so he’s decided to create a series of 7 podcasts, the firs...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Programming Ruby is the most complete book on Ruby, covering both the language itself and the standard library as well as commonly used t...
New
First poster: bot
zig/http.zig at 7cf2cbb33ef34c1d211135f56d30fe23b6cacd42 · ziglang/zig. General-purpose programming language and toolchain for maintaini...
New
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Leverage Elixir and the Nx ecosystem to build intelligent applications that solve real-world problems in computer vision, natural languag...
New
sir.laksmana_wenk
I’m able to do the “artistic” part of game-development; character designing/modeling, music, environment modeling, etc. However, I don’t...
New
AstonJ
This is a very quick guide, you just need to: Download LM Studio: https://lmstudio.ai/ Click on search Type DeepSeek, then select the o...
New