CommunityNews

CommunityNews

Video games 'good for well-being' says University of Oxford study

Gamers who played titles for longer reported feeling happier than those who did not.

This thread was posted by one of our members via one of our automated news source trackers.

First Post!

bot

bot

Where Next?

Popular Game Dev topics Top

bot
A new item has been posted: This thread was posted automatically, if you feel it could be in a better category and are at Trust Level ...
New
New
New
New
Ella
Hello to everyone who opens this message. Do you play visual novel games?) I’m here to gather statistics of people’s views on the import...
New
bozigame
Hello Friends. First of all, I am very happy to share my excitement with you. After months of hard work, I have released my first game. I...
New
kammy
We’re students building a drag-and-drop game builder to help dreamers like you bring your ideas to life. We’re looking for feedback from ...
New
regen-donedev
I created an online game where you can modify the evaluation function logic for the Alpha-beta Pruning algorithm dynamically. It runs na...
/js
New
NeoNight
Hey guys, just wanted to drop a quick message - feel free to hit me up if you could use a friendly hand with design or production. It’s s...
New
MMORPG2D
Date Started: 6th august 2026 → Mid Beta Needs alot of work still but has the foundation (just need feedback) Runescape Skills/Attack st...
New

Other popular topics Top

PragmaticBookshelf
Learn from the award-winning programming series that inspired the Elixir language, and go on a step-by-step journey through the most impo...
New
DevotionGeo
I know that these benchmarks might not be the exact picture of real-world scenario, but still I expect a Rust web framework performing a ...
New
Rainer
My first contact with Erlang was about 2 years ago when I used RabbitMQ, which is written in Erlang, for my job. This made me curious and...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Build highly interactive applications without ever leaving Elixir, the way the experts do. Let LiveView take care of performance, scalabi...
New
DevotionGeo
The V Programming Language Simple language for building maintainable programs V is already mentioned couple of times in the forum, but I...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Author Spotlight Jamis Buck @jamis This month, we have the pleasure of spotlighting author Jamis Buck, who has written Mazes for Prog...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Author Spotlight Mike Riley @mriley This month, we turn the spotlight on Mike Riley, author of Portable Python Projects. Mike’s book ...
New
AstonJ
If you want a quick and easy way to block any website on your Mac using Little Snitch simply… File > New Rule: And select Deny, O...
New
New
PragmaticBookshelf
A masterclass in the fundamentals and principles of functional programming. Minh Quang Tran The Art of Functional Programming is a ma...
New