Zatellia

Zatellia

FPS, 3rd Person or Top-down?

I am currently making a game using UE, and the game is about fighting monsters using modern weapons but not all monsters are able to be killed using just modern pistols and rifles. You will also be able to loot medieval weapons and items that can cast spells. Currently the game will be a single player / co-op game but maybe a full multiplayer, but that doesn’t matter too much since I’m designing it for multiplayer from the get go.

I am kind of indifferent when it comes to the style of the game as in how the game is viewed, first person, third person or top down. All the styles have good and bad points to them. What do you think would be a good aspect for this kind of game. I am at the part now where i need to hone in on this, I have the combat system, inventory system, attributes, UI all up and running but before i dial them in I need to decide the view.

Most Liked

toon159

toon159

I like 3rd-person game as I like to see my favorite toons running around :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

somepeople

somepeople

If I’m not mistaken, it’s almost standard now to be able to switch between cameras.

Where Next?

Popular Game Dev topics Top

New
AstonJ
Not sure how much I missed but: Anyone else been watching it?
New
AstonJ
Seen any cool WebAssembly games? Please share them here :nerd_face:
New
RobertRichards
ADVENTURES OF NATIA Natia is the main character of this adventure game. Players have to help him collect mangoes and also need to save h...
New
alexws
We are going to launch a new business based on gaming industry. but no time to build the games from scratch. but we have a small team to ...
New
RomanStarCoder
(Note: I said this on multiple other forums, but nobody either actually said anything, or the mods don’t approve me. I’m just wondering f...
New
bic
Hello everybody :slight_smile: I’m making a tool with the goal to help creating branching dialogues for game development. I want to make...
New
dominick
Hey everyone, I’ve been working in digital board game development for a while now, and one recurring challenge we face is designing syst...
New
Glitc5
** Join Here:** https://itch.io/jam/the-friday-night-fright-jam Now Announcing: The Friday Night Fright Jam Hi! I’m Glitc5. I run a we...
New
dveloper
just made a scratch game, check it out! #brick breaker https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/1319253885
New

Other popular topics Top

AstonJ
There’s a whole world of custom keycaps out there that I didn’t know existed! Check out all of our Keycaps threads here: https://forum....
New
AstonJ
This looks like a stunning keycap set :orange_heart: A LEGENDARY KEYBOARD LIVES ON When you bought an Apple Macintosh computer in the e...
New
dimitarvp
Small essay with thoughts on macOS vs. Linux: I know @Exadra37 is just waiting around the corner to scream at me “I TOLD YOU SO!!!” but I...
New
Help
I am trying to crate a game for the Nintendo switch, I wanted to use Java as I am comfortable with that programming language. Can you use...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Author Spotlight Rebecca Skinner @RebeccaSkinner Welcome to our latest author spotlight, where we sit down with Rebecca Skinner, auth...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Get the comprehensive, insider information you need for Rails 8 with the new edition of this award-winning classic. Sam Ruby @rubys ...
New
AnfaengerAlex
Hello, I’m a beginner in Android development and I’m facing an issue with my project setup. In my build.gradle.kts file, I have the foll...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Use advanced functional programming principles, practical Domain-Driven Design techniques, and production-ready Elixir code to build scal...
New
pragdave
Build robust LLM-powered apps, chatbots, and agents while mastering AI engineering principles that will help you outlast the tools and th...
New
xiji2646-netizen
Woke up to this today: Claude Code’s complete source code exposed via npm source map. Not a snippet. All 512,000 lines. 1,900 TypeScript ...
New