User_e8vk3npt

User_e8vk3npt

Forget shadow maps: a new method for high-quality real-time shadows

Hello,

Are there graphics programmers here who use Vulkan, OpenGL, or like to do things bare metal and custom game engines? Check This out.

It’s a new technique for real-time shadows with ray-traced quality that runs without hardware RT support. It’s such a blessing to get omnidirectional shadows with just a single render instead of six, compared to shadow maps. It also provides pixel-perfect quality that does not depend on distance.

It’s really easy to test in a deferred rendering engine.

Looking for people interested in discussing it or giving feedback.

First Post!

User_e8vk3npt

User_e8vk3npt

2,710,840 triangles scene.
Pixel-perfect shadows everywhere.
1920x1080
100+ FPS

Where Next?

Popular Game Dev topics Top

AstonJ
I’m beginning to think the Series S is going to be game-changer for Microsoft and figures for the gen ending up with a lot of people buyi...
New
New
New
AstonJ
This makes me want to watch the Mandalorian!
New
LoL_Sam
Hey everyone! My name is Sam and I represent Legends of Learning - a platform for game based learning in schools, and a marketplace for ...
New
Norpoleon
Team JethKo - Knee Deep is a detective adventure with role-playing elements & turn-based combat. What started as a small project tur...
New
RobertRichards
ADVENTURES OF NATIA Natia is the main character of this adventure game. Players have to help him collect mangoes and also need to save h...
New
AtlantiaKing
Watch the trailer here: More info available on our steam page here: Don't Forget on Steam Don’t Forget is a 3D singlepl...
New
bic
Hello everybody :slight_smile: I’m making a tool with the goal to help creating branching dialogues for game development. I want to make...
New
hollowlimb
About the game The game I’m working on is a hybrid Visual Novel shop management game called Shop Crush. In Shop Crush, you run a dusty,...
New

Other popular topics Top

dasdom
No chair. I have a standing desk. This post was split into a dedicated thread from our thread about chairs :slight_smile:
New
Rainer
My first contact with Erlang was about 2 years ago when I used RabbitMQ, which is written in Erlang, for my job. This made me curious and...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Author Spotlight Rebecca Skinner @RebeccaSkinner Welcome to our latest author spotlight, where we sit down with Rebecca Skinner, auth...
New
husaindevelop
Inside our android webview app, we are trying to paste the copied content from another app eg (notes) using navigator.clipboard.readtext ...
New
sir.laksmana_wenk
I’m able to do the “artistic” part of game-development; character designing/modeling, music, environment modeling, etc. However, I don’t...
New
AstonJ
If you’re getting errors like this: psql: error: connection to server on socket “/tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432” failed: No such file or directory ...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Overarching tutorial for Python beginner and intermediate developers that teaches web development with the Flask framework. Miguel Gr...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Fight complexity and reclaim the original spirit of agility by learning to simplify how you develop software. The result: a more humane a...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Escape callback hell and ship fast, clean code that reads as smoothly as it runs. Squash bugs and stamp out memory leaks with an intuitiv...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Write elegant Ruby code—not just correct, but idiomatic. Go beyond the vocabulary and syntax and learn to express yourself with eloquence...
New