a03pl

a03pl

The Cucumber Book, Second Edition: Chapter 10

Title: Name of book: The Cucumber Book, 2nd ed - Chapter 10
Example: Neither working through the example code nor downloading the code and using that works. The errors I get when running the code I worked through are as follows:

Scenario: Successful withdrawal from an account in credit # features/cash_withdrawal.feature:2
Given my account has been credited with $100 # features/step_definitions/account_steps.rb:1
Validation failed: Number has already been taken (ActiveRecord::RecordInvalid)
./features/support/world_extensions.rb:15:in my_account' ./features/step_definitions/account_steps.rb:2:in /^my account has been credited with $(\d+)$/’
features/cash_withdrawal.feature:3:in `Given my account has been credited with $100’
When I withdraw $20 # features/step_definitions/teller_steps.rb:3
Then $20 should be dispensed # features/step_definitions/cash_slot_steps.rb:1
And the balance of my account should be $80 # features/step_definitions/account_steps.rb:5

Failing Scenarios:
cucumber features/cash_withdrawal.feature:2 # Scenario: Successful withdrawal from an account in credit

1 scenario (1 failed)
4 steps (1 failed, 3 skipped)

I am not a Ruby programmer so I havent a clue what is going on here as I have faithfully replicated the example code in the book. Please help.

Thanks

First Post!

Margaret

Margaret

Editor at PragProg

@a03pl Hi John,

The author for this book is not on DevTalk, but I checked in with him, and unfortunately, he has moved on to other things and is not able to offer help and support for the book anymore. Perhaps some kind soul here on Devtalk who has some #ruby experience would be willing to help? Apologies for not being able to give you a solution.

Best wishes,
Margaret
The Pragmatic Bookshelf

Where Next?

Popular Pragmatic Bookshelf topics Top

jon
Some minor things in the paper edition that says “3 2020” on the title page verso, not mentioned in the book’s errata online: p. 186 But...
New
jeffmcompsci
Title: Design and Build Great Web APIs - typo “https://company-atk.herokuapp.com/2258ie4t68jv” (page 19, third bullet in URL list) Typo:...
New
mikecargal
Title: Hands-On Rust (Chapter 11: prefab) Just played a couple of amulet-less games. With a bit of debugging, I believe that your can_p...
New
AndyDavis3416
@noelrappin Running the webpack dev server, I receive the following warning: ERROR in tsconfig.json TS18003: No inputs were found in c...
New
jskubick
I’m running Android Studio “Arctic Fox” 2020.3.1 Patch 2, and I’m embarrassed to admit that I only made it to page 8 before running into ...
New
jgchristopher
“The ProductLive.Index template calls a helper function, live_component/3, that in turn calls on the modal component. ” Excerpt From: Br...
New
jskubick
I’m under the impression that when the reader gets to page 136 (“View Data with the Database Inspector”), the code SHOULD be able to buil...
New
digitalbias
Title: Build a Weather Station with Elixir and Nerves: Problem connecting to Postgres with Grafana on (page 64) If you follow the defau...
New
hazardco
On page 78 the following code appears: <%= link_to ‘Destroy’, product, class: ‘hover:underline’, method: :delete, data: { confirm...
New
mcpierce
@mfazio23 I’ve applied the changes from Chapter 5 of the book and everything builds correctly and runs. But, when I try to start a game,...
New

Other popular topics Top

New
AstonJ
You might be thinking we should just ask who’s not using VSCode :joy: however there are some new additions in the space that might give V...
New
AstonJ
This looks like a stunning keycap set :orange_heart: A LEGENDARY KEYBOARD LIVES ON When you bought an Apple Macintosh computer in the e...
New
dimitarvp
Small essay with thoughts on macOS vs. Linux: I know @Exadra37 is just waiting around the corner to scream at me “I TOLD YOU SO!!!” but I...
New
foxtrottwist
A few weeks ago I started using Warp a terminal written in rust. Though in it’s current state of development there are a few caveats (tab...
New
New
CommunityNews
A Brief Review of the Minisforum V3 AMD Tablet. Update: I have created an awesome-minisforum-v3 GitHub repository to list information fo...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
A masterclass in the fundamentals and principles of functional programming. Minh Quang Tran The Art of Functional Programming is a ma...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
A concise guide to MySQL 9 database administration, covering fundamental concepts, techniques, and best practices. Neil Smyth MySQL...
New
CommunityNews
Open-source implementation of the classic GTA engine now running directly in your browser. Experience the reVC technology demo on DOS.Zon...
New

Sub Categories: