brian-m-ops

brian-m-ops

Python Testing with pytest, Second Edition: cards pip install error (page 12)

#book-python-testing-with-pytest-second-edition

Hi. Thanks for writing the book. I am just learning so this might just of been an issue for me but I figured I would post anyway as it is currently in beta.

$ cd /path/to/code

$ python -m venv venv

$ source venv/bin/activate

(venv) $ pip install ./cards_proj/

When installing the cards project for chapter 2 on page 31. I get a error that there is no README.md file.

Error: flit_core.inifile.ConfigError: Description file README.md does not exist

Adding an empty file with a title of README.md to the cards_proj directory fixes the issue and allows you to run the install.

Marked As Solved

brianokken

brianokken

Author of Python Testing with pytest

Thanks for bringing this up, and coming up with a workaround.
Looks like I forgot to push the README.md file into the repo.

The workaround: add a /cards_proj/README.md file (can be empty) works great.
But I’ll include a proper README.md on the next update.

Also Liked

leonW

leonW

I had the same issue, and fixed it in a similar fashion

kaphola

kaphola

Got same issue, with your workaround resolved thanks.

Where Next?

Popular Pragmatic Bookshelf topics Top

New
jon
Some minor things in the paper edition that says “3 2020” on the title page verso, not mentioned in the book’s errata online: p. 186 But...
New
mikecargal
Title: Hands-on Rust: question about get_component (page 295) (feel free to respond. “You dug you’re own hole… good luck”) I have somet...
New
alanq
This isn’t directly about the book contents so maybe not the right forum…but in some of the code apps (e.g. turbo/06) it sends a TURBO_ST...
New
patoncrispy
I’m new to Rust and am using this book to learn more as well as to feed my interest in game dev. I’ve just finished the flappy dragon exa...
New
AndyDavis3416
@noelrappin Running the webpack dev server, I receive the following warning: ERROR in tsconfig.json TS18003: No inputs were found in c...
New
fynn
This is as much a suggestion as a question, as a note for others. Locally the SGP30 wasn’t available, so I ordered a SGP40. On page 53, ...
New
jskubick
I’m under the impression that when the reader gets to page 136 (“View Data with the Database Inspector”), the code SHOULD be able to buil...
New
jskubick
I found an issue in Chapter 7 regarding android:backgroundTint vs app:backgroundTint. How to replicate: load chapter-7 from zipfile i...
New
SlowburnAZ
Getting an error when installing the dependencies at the start of this chapter: could not compile dependency :exla, "mix compile" failed...
New

Other popular topics Top

PragmaticBookshelf
From finance to artificial intelligence, genetic algorithms are a powerful tool with a wide array of applications. But you don't need an ...
New
Exadra37
Oh just spent so much time on this to discover now that RancherOS is in end of life but Rancher is refusing to mark the Github repo as su...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Learn different ways of writing concurrent code in Elixir and increase your application's performance, without sacrificing scalability or...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Author Spotlight Jamis Buck @jamis This month, we have the pleasure of spotlighting author Jamis Buck, who has written Mazes for Prog...
New
New
DevotionGeo
I have always used antique keyboards like Cherry MX 1800 or Cherry MX 8100 and almost always have modified the switches in some way, like...
New
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Explore the power of Ash Framework by modeling and building the domain for a real-world web application. Rebecca Le @sevenseacat and ...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
This book forgoes the abstract and instead provides concrete examples to help you better leverage the unique properties of Elixir, Erlang...
New
pragdave
Build robust LLM-powered apps, chatbots, and agents while mastering AI engineering principles that will help you outlast the tools and th...
New

Sub Categories: