sfractal
Programming Phoenix LiveView: error: redefine live_session (page 52-54)
I entered the code on page 52 establishing a new authenticated route and it won’t compile. I get:
$ iex -S mix phx.server
Compiling 1 file (.ex)
== Compilation error in file lib/pento_web/router.ex ==
** (RuntimeError) attempting to redefine live_session :require_authenticated_user.
live_session routes must be declared in a single named block.
(phoenix_live_view 1.0.0-rc.6) lib/phoenix_live_view/router.ex:274: Phoenix.LiveView.Router.__live_session__/3
lib/pento_web/router.ex:78: (module)
Looking in router, I see phx.gen.auth added another line with similar name
live_session :require_authenticated_user,
on_mount: [{PentoWeb.UserAuth, :ensure_authenticated}] do
live "/users/settings", UserSettingsLive, :edit
live "/users/settings/confirm_email/:token", UserSettingsLive, :confirm_email
end
Don’t know if that is issue or if it is something I’m doing wrong.
Any help appreciated.
First Post!
sfractal
Duh! Looking closer - it looks like same code. Maybe I was just supposed to add the one line to the lines already there instead of making a new block. Operator error on my part.
Popular Pragmatic Bookshelf topics
The following is cross-posted from the original Ray Tracer Challenge forum, from a post by garfieldnate. I’m cross-posting it so that the...
New
Hi Travis! Thank you for the cool book! :slight_smile:
I made a list of issues and thought I could post them chapter by chapter. I’m rev...
New
Page 28: It implements io.ReaderAt on the store type.
Sorry if it’s a dumb question but was the io.ReaderAt supposed to be io.ReadAt?
...
New
The generated iex result below should list products instead of product for the metadata. (page 67)
iex> product = %Product{}
%Pento....
New
I ran this command after installing the sample application:
$ cards add do something --owner Brian
And got a file not found error:
Fil...
New
I think I might have found a problem involving SwitchCompat, thumbTint, and trackTint.
As entered, the SwitchCompat changes color to hol...
New
“The ProductLive.Index template calls a helper function, live_component/3, that in turn calls on the modal component. ”
Excerpt From: Br...
New
I’m not quite sure what’s going on here, but I’m unable to have to containers successfully complete the Readiness/Liveness checks. I’m im...
New
Hi, I’ve got a question about the implementation of PubSub when using a Phoenix.Socket.Transport behaviour rather than channels.
Before ...
New
@mfazio23
Android Studio will not accept anything I do when trying to use the Transformations class, as described on pp. 140-141. Googl...
New
Other popular topics
Learn from the award-winning programming series that inspired the Elixir language, and go on a step-by-step journey through the most impo...
New
Just done a fresh install of macOS Big Sur and on installing Erlang I am getting:
asdf install erlang 23.1.2
Configure failed.
checking ...
New
Tailwind CSS is an exciting new CSS framework that allows you to design your site by composing simple utility classes to create complex e...
New
The V Programming Language
Simple language for building maintainable programs
V is already mentioned couple of times in the forum, but I...
New
If you get Can't find emacs in your PATH when trying to install Doom Emacs on your Mac you… just… need to install Emacs first! :lol:
bre...
New
I am trying to crate a game for the Nintendo switch, I wanted to use Java as I am comfortable with that programming language. Can you use...
New
I have always used antique keyboards like Cherry MX 1800 or Cherry MX 8100 and almost always have modified the switches in some way, like...
New
Hair Salon Games for Girls Fun
Girls Hair Saloon game is mainly developed for kids. This game allows users to select virtual avatars to ...
New
This book forgoes the abstract and instead provides concrete examples to help you better leverage the unique properties of Elixir, Erlang...
New
Use advanced functional programming principles, practical Domain-Driven Design techniques, and production-ready Elixir code to build scal...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Popular Portals
- /elixir
- /rust
- /wasm
- /ruby
- /erlang
- /phoenix
- /keyboards
- /python
- /js
- /rails
- /security
- /go
- /swift
- /vim
- /java
- /clojure
- /typescript
- /emacs
- /haskell
- /svelte
- /onivim
- /kotlin
- /react
- /c-plus-plus
- /crystal
- /tailwind
- /gleam
- /ocaml
- /elm
- /vscode
- /flutter
- /html
- /ash
- /deepseek
- /zig
- /opensuse
- /centos
- /php
- /scala
- /react-native
- /lisp
- /sublime-text
- /textmate
- /nixos
- /debian
- /agda
- /deno
- /django
- /kubuntu
- /arch-linux
- /nodejs
- /ubuntu
- /spring
- /revery
- /manjaro
- /julia
- /lua
- /diversity
- /quarkus
- /markdown









