alvinkatojr
Mental Models: The Best Way to Make Intelligent Decisions (~100 Models Explained)
https://fs.blog/mental-models/
I’ve been reading Farnham Street for a while, and this topic is the recommended starting point for new readers.
Here’s a snippet from Charlie Munger:
If you want to be a good thinker, you must develop a mind that can jump the jurisdictional boundaries. You don’t have to know it all. Just take in the best big ideas from all these disciplines. And it’s not that hard to do.
Charlie Munger
Popular Community topics
Crystal recently reached version 1. I had been following it for awhile but never got to really learn it. Most languages I picked up out o...
New
Concurrent Data Processing in Elixir is now content complete and I finally found the time I’ve been looking for to dedicate behind readin...
New
I am going to dump my thoughts, methods, codes, experiences and rants while learning OCaml into this thread.
This is probably the 5th or...
New
To be a more productive reader when rereading a book, it is very convenient to create small rebar3 projects based on books’ samples and i...
New
The very first time I’ve seen a line of Elixir I was in awe. Coming from Ruby the syntax was familiar.
But I wanted to know what was thi...
New
I have read first chapter. Will add my notes / code tries / self exploration as I go along!
Thank you @AstonJ for encouraging to start ...
New
I would love to begin a book club with Mike Amundsen’s (@mamund) book
Design and Build Great Web APIs.
It seems that building new syste...
New
This is my Journal for readings on Designing Elixir Systems with OTP.
Will post chapter 01 tomorrow! Stay tuned!
New
With AI set to play a big role in our industry Elixir users are lucky to have Nx, so we’re running our Nx related book club on Genetic Al...
New
Learning Domain-Driven Design
Building software is harder than ever. As a developer, you not only have to chase ever-changing technologic...
New
Other popular topics
I know that these benchmarks might not be the exact picture of real-world scenario, but still I expect a Rust web framework performing a ...
New
Rust is an exciting new programming language combining the power of C with memory safety, fearless concurrency, and productivity boosters...
New
Create efficient, elegant software tests in pytest, Python's most powerful testing framework.
Brian Okken @brianokken
Edited by Kat...
New
This is going to be a long an frequently posted thread.
While talking to a friend of mine who has taken data structure and algorithm cou...
New
I have always used antique keyboards like Cherry MX 1800 or Cherry MX 8100 and almost always have modified the switches in some way, like...
New
25 puzzles that will make you a better C programmer by challenging your knowledge of the language, and explaining the technical details o...
New
A Brief Review of the Minisforum V3 AMD Tablet.
Update: I have created an awesome-minisforum-v3 GitHub repository to list information fo...
New
Explore the power of Ash Framework by modeling and building the domain for a real-world web application.
Rebecca Le @sevenseacat and ...
New
Fight complexity and reclaim the original spirit of agility by learning to simplify how you develop software. The result: a more humane a...
New
Woke up to this today: Claude Code’s complete source code exposed via npm source map. Not a snippet. All 512,000 lines. 1,900 TypeScript ...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Popular Portals
- /elixir
- /rust
- /wasm
- /ruby
- /erlang
- /phoenix
- /keyboards
- /python
- /js
- /rails
- /security
- /go
- /swift
- /vim
- /java
- /clojure
- /typescript
- /emacs
- /haskell
- /svelte
- /onivim
- /kotlin
- /react
- /c-plus-plus
- /crystal
- /tailwind
- /gleam
- /ocaml
- /elm
- /vscode
- /flutter
- /html
- /ash
- /deepseek
- /zig
- /opensuse
- /centos
- /php
- /react-native
- /scala
- /lisp
- /sublime-text
- /textmate
- /nixos
- /debian
- /agda
- /deno
- /django
- /kubuntu
- /arch-linux
- /nodejs
- /ubuntu
- /spring
- /revery
- /manjaro
- /julia
- /quarkus
- /diversity
- /lua
- /laravel









