TomMahon
Author of Charged Bodies, People. Power and the Paradoxes that formed Silicon Valley
In Their Own Words
How did a sleepy valley become the epicenter of the technological world as we know it? In the 40th Anniversary Edition of my book, “Charged Bodies,” I captured the spirit of Silicon Valley in the 80s through the stories of the inventors and bankers, artists and hackers, detectives and journalists, lawyers and scientists, flappers and philosophers as they tell the story of Silicon Valley in their own words.
Popular Community topics
My first contact with Erlang was about 2 years ago when I used RabbitMQ, which is written in Erlang, for my job. This made me curious and...
New
So I have enough money to last a year. Realistically I’m still going to have to work part time painting. I’m so done with it though!
I h...
New
I am going to dump my thoughts, methods, codes, experiences and rants while learning OCaml into this thread.
This is probably the 5th or...
New
To be a more productive reader when rereading a book, it is very convenient to create small rebar3 projects based on books’ samples and i...
New
The very first time I’ve seen a line of Elixir I was in awe. Coming from Ruby the syntax was familiar.
But I wanted to know what was thi...
New
Agile Web Development with Rails 6 Chapter 11. Task F
Currently reading and working through AWDR6 by Sam Ruby, David Bryant Copeland, a...
New
With Phoenix and LiveView having recently had a fairly major release, and Programming Phoenix LiveView being updated too, we thought it w...
New
When the pandemic, heart disease, and personal tragedy threatened to steal everything the Tates spent years building, they found hope, he...
New
How did a sleepy valley become the epicenter of the technological world as we know it? In the 40th Anniversary Edition of my book, “Charg...
New
https://fs.blog/mental-models/
I’ve been reading Farnham Street for a while, and this topic is the recommended starting point for new re...
New
Other popular topics
If it’s a mechanical keyboard, which switches do you have?
Would you recommend it? Why?
What will your next keyboard be?
Pics always w...
New
Please tell us what is your preferred monitor setup for programming(not gaming) and why you have chosen it.
Does your monitor have eye p...
New
Design and develop sophisticated 2D games that are as much fun to make as they are to play. From particle effects and pathfinding to soci...
New
Do the test and post your score :nerd_face:
:keyboard:
If possible, please add info such as the keyboard you’re using, the layout (Qw...
New
Use WebRTC to build web applications that stream media and data in real time directly from one user to another, all in the browser.
...
New
I have always used antique keyboards like Cherry MX 1800 or Cherry MX 8100 and almost always have modified the switches in some way, like...
New
zig/http.zig at 7cf2cbb33ef34c1d211135f56d30fe23b6cacd42 · ziglang/zig.
General-purpose programming language and toolchain for maintaini...
New
A Brief Review of the Minisforum V3 AMD Tablet.
Update: I have created an awesome-minisforum-v3 GitHub repository to list information fo...
New
This is cool!
DEEPSEEK-V3 ON M4 MAC: BLAZING FAST INFERENCE ON APPLE SILICON
We just witnessed something incredible: the largest open-s...
New
Overarching tutorial for Python beginner and intermediate developers that teaches web development with the Flask framework.
Miguel Gr...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Popular Portals
- /elixir
- /rust
- /wasm
- /ruby
- /erlang
- /phoenix
- /keyboards
- /python
- /js
- /rails
- /security
- /go
- /swift
- /vim
- /java
- /clojure
- /typescript
- /emacs
- /haskell
- /svelte
- /onivim
- /kotlin
- /react
- /c-plus-plus
- /crystal
- /tailwind
- /gleam
- /ocaml
- /elm
- /vscode
- /flutter
- /html
- /ash
- /deepseek
- /zig
- /opensuse
- /centos
- /php
- /scala
- /react-native
- /lisp
- /sublime-text
- /textmate
- /nixos
- /debian
- /agda
- /deno
- /django
- /kubuntu
- /arch-linux
- /nodejs
- /ubuntu
- /spring
- /revery
- /manjaro
- /julia
- /quarkus
- /lua
- /diversity
- /markdown










