Fl4m3Ph03n1x

Fl4m3Ph03n1x

Learning Domain-Driven Design Book Club

Learning Domain-Driven Design

Building software is harder than ever. As a developer, you not only have to chase ever-changing technological trends but also need to understand the business domains behind the software. This practical book provides you with a set of core patterns, principles, and practices for analyzing business domains, understanding business strategy, and, most importantly, aligning software design wit business needs.

Most Liked

Fl4m3Ph03n1x

Fl4m3Ph03n1x

Hello everyone!

I have finally release Chapter 4 - Integrating Bounded Contexts (Part 1)

Yes, you have probably read it right, Part 1! There is so much in this one chapter to cover, that I had to split it into two parts. Part 2 already has the script done, but recording and editing are still in the planning phase.

The one thing that stuck with me, with this first part of the chapter, was the fact that how people collaborate actually reflects how projects integrate with each other. As a developer, I always understood that politics in companies had an impact in projects and how they are done, but I never really understood that impact.

This chapter makes it very clear - it tells you how personal/team relationships affect the project integration and what tactics you can use in your code (yes code) to deal with it. There is also a segway here to be done in regards to Conway’s Law but I leave that treat for the reader to reflects on their own, besides the video is already long enough !

In this video I went more with a lecture approach, creating graphs, slides and trying to hon in a presentation style that is more academic in nature. I am not doing this for views, so it doesn’t make sense to focus on being flashy and cool, it makes more sense to expose information in a clear manner that others understand easily.

With this said, please do note I am always open to constructive criticism and if you have any tips for improvement feel free to share them, as I also want my videos to be enjoyable for people willing to learn DDD !

I hope you all like this video and enjoy it and learn something!

Fl4m3Ph03n1x

Fl4m3Ph03n1x

I have compiled my thoughts of the first chapter in a small video and tried to combine it with other knowledge I think most people forgot.

To me, the most interesting part of this research was the absolute delight of being able to read the Nato’s report on software engineering from 1968, and how strangely relevant it still feels today:

http://homepages.cs.ncl.ac.uk/brian.randell/NATO/index.html

Let me know what you all think of the first chapter. Suggestions for the video format are also appreciated, since I am still learning this and make a best effort to improve.

mafinar

mafinar

I have that book. I will be joining in! Since I am all about F# these days, I’ll share my thoughts through a sharp lens!

Where Next?

Popular Community topics Top

finner
As one of my New Year resolutions is to read more tech I’ve decided on an attempt to document my travels in Mannings Modern Java in Actio...
New
mafinar
Crystal recently reached version 1. I had been following it for awhile but never got to really learn it. Most languages I picked up out o...
New
RobertKielty
My overall initial first impressions of this book are very good. I will document my local spacemacs setup to as I work through the book.
New
rustkas
To be a more productive reader when rereading a book, it is very convenient to create small rebar3 projects based on books’ samples and i...
New
TwistingTwists
I have read first chapter. Will add my notes / code tries / self exploration as I go along! Thank you @AstonJ for encouraging to start ...
New
RomanTurner
Agile Web Development with Rails 6 Chapter 11. Task F Currently reading and working through AWDR6 by Sam Ruby, David Bryant Copeland, a...
New
AstonJ
With Tailwind now the default CSS framework shipped with Phoenix we thought it would be nice to run this book club on the Elixir Forum. ...
New
AstonJ
With AI set to play a big role in our industry Elixir users are lucky to have Nx, so we’re running our Nx related book club on Genetic Al...
New
AstonJ
With Phoenix and LiveView having recently had a fairly major release, and Programming Phoenix LiveView being updated too, we thought it w...
New
alvinkatojr
https://fs.blog/mental-models/ I’ve been reading Farnham Street for a while, and this topic is the recommended starting point for new re...
New

Other popular topics Top

PragmaticBookshelf
Instantly view the changes you make to an app with stateful hot reload, and define a declarative UI in the same language as the app logic...
New
DevotionGeo
I know that -t flag is used along with -i flag for getting an interactive shell. But I cannot digest what the man page for docker run com...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
From finance to artificial intelligence, genetic algorithms are a powerful tool with a wide array of applications. But you don't need an ...
New
New
AstonJ
This looks like a stunning keycap set :orange_heart: A LEGENDARY KEYBOARD LIVES ON When you bought an Apple Macintosh computer in the e...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Author Spotlight Jamis Buck @jamis This month, we have the pleasure of spotlighting author Jamis Buck, who has written Mazes for Prog...
New
AnfaengerAlex
Hello, I’m a beginner in Android development and I’m facing an issue with my project setup. In my build.gradle.kts file, I have the foll...
New
AstonJ
This is a very quick guide, you just need to: Download LM Studio: https://lmstudio.ai/ Click on search Type DeepSeek, then select the o...
New
Fl4m3Ph03n1x
Background Lately I am in a quest to find a good quality TTS ai generation tool to run locally in order to create audio for some videos I...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Use advanced functional programming principles, practical Domain-Driven Design techniques, and production-ready Elixir code to build scal...
New