brainlid

brainlid

Thinking Elixir 309 - The Final Episode

Episode 309 of Thinking Elixir. This is it. The final episode of Thinking Elixir after six incredible years of weekly episodes! We send things off in style with a packed news segment covering Phoenix LiveView 1.2’s new colocated CSS powered by the @scope at-rule, the retirement of the long-standing Earmark Markdown library and why you should migrate to MDEx, a major Sagents v0.8.0 release bringing durable interrupts, and structured extraction, PostgreSQL 19’s exciting new features including graph queries and partition management, SpaceX’s jaw-dropping $60 billion acquisition of Cursor, and more! Then we share a special tribute song for you, the audience, and give a shoutout to our original co-host Cade Ward and to longtime sponsors Fly.io and Paraxial. Finally, David shares his new role on the Erlang Ecosystem Foundation board, and Mark talks about what’s next for Sagents and his exciting new AI-native startup. Thank you for six wonderful years. We’re so glad you were here along the way and now for the final episode!

Where Next?

Popular Backend topics Top

lpil
Shayne gave this excellent talk the other day on Gleam, so I thought I’d share it. From my point of view it was really interesting to se...
New
New
First poster: bot
The Race to Replace C & C++. Three expert compiler writers sit down to discuss moving beyond C and C++ This thread...
New
AstonJ
Just finished doing a clean install of macOS (which I highly recommend btw!) and have updated my macOS Ruby & Elixir/Erlang dev env s...
New
First poster: bot
One of my favourite programming languages in the last few years has been Crystal. While the language has not yet reached its 1.0 version,...
New
First poster: bot
This post explains why Scala projects are difficult to maintain. Scala is a powerful programming language that can make certain small te...
New
First poster: bot
At Grammarly, the foundation of our business, our core grammar engine, is written in Common Lisp. It currently processes more than a thou...
New
New
wolf4earth
Louis Pilfold is the creator of the Gleam programming language. He explains what Gleam is and tells us where it came from. He then dives...
New
chikega
Mark Hoffman, the author of Programming WebAssembly in Rust, is a pretty hilarious lecturer if you like a dry sense of humor.
New

Other popular topics Top

Exadra37
Please tell us what is your preferred monitor setup for programming(not gaming) and why you have chosen it. Does your monitor have eye p...
New
DevotionGeo
I know that -t flag is used along with -i flag for getting an interactive shell. But I cannot digest what the man page for docker run com...
New
dimitarvp
Small essay with thoughts on macOS vs. Linux: I know @Exadra37 is just waiting around the corner to scream at me “I TOLD YOU SO!!!” but I...
New
Exadra37
I am asking for any distro that only has the bare-bones to be able to get a shell in the server and then just install the packages as we ...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Build highly interactive applications without ever leaving Elixir, the way the experts do. Let LiveView take care of performance, scalabi...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Use WebRTC to build web applications that stream media and data in real time directly from one user to another, all in the browser. ...
New
Help
I am trying to crate a game for the Nintendo switch, I wanted to use Java as I am comfortable with that programming language. Can you use...
New
First poster: bot
zig/http.zig at 7cf2cbb33ef34c1d211135f56d30fe23b6cacd42 · ziglang/zig. General-purpose programming language and toolchain for maintaini...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Build modern server-driven web applications using htmx. Whatever programming language you use, you’ll write less (and cleaner) code. ...
New
Fl4m3Ph03n1x
Background Lately I am in a quest to find a good quality TTS ai generation tool to run locally in order to create audio for some videos I...
New