Chrichton

Chrichton

Ash Framework Book: various errata

I created my own tunez app from scratch using mix new tunes_hg
I successfully followed the book creating the ash_resource ‘artist’.
I created the migrations using mix ash.codegen create_artists

Then I did mix ash.migrate and got the error:
Postgrex.Protocol (#PID<0.198.0>) failed to connect: ** (Postgrex.Error) FATAL 3D000 (invalid_catalog_name) database “tunes_hg_dev” does not exist.

I searched the internet for this error and found mix ash.setup

Using it worked out perfectly.

mix ash.setup
Getting extensions in current project…
Running setup for AshPostgres.DataLayer…
The database for TunesHg.Repo has been created

05:31:11.988 [info] == Running 20250116154542 TunesHg.Repo.Migrations.InitializeExtensions1.up/0 forward
…
== Migrated 20250117040821 in 0.0s

Maybe others may trip on this error to?

Heiko Goes

P.S.: I am very happy with your book :smile:

First Post!

Chrichton

Chrichton

Errata
I think on page 12:

To create an Artist record, we need to provide the data to be stored — in this
case, the name and biography attributes, in a map. (The other attributes, such
as timestamps, will be automatically managed by Ash.) We call these the
attributes that the action accepts, and can list them in the action with the
accept macro.
01/lib/tunez/music/artist.ex
actions do
create :create do
accept [:name, :biography]
end

it should be keyword list and not map

All the best from Heiko

Where Next?

Popular Pragmatic Bookshelf topics Top

jeffmcompsci
Title: Design and Build Great Web APIs - typo “https://company-atk.herokuapp.com/2258ie4t68jv” (page 19, third bullet in URL list) Typo:...
New
yulkin
your book suggests to use Image.toByteData() to convert image to bytes, however I get the following error: "the getter ‘toByteData’ isn’t...
New
mikecargal
Title: Hands-On Rust (Chap 8 (Adding a Heads Up Display) It looks like ​.with_simple_console_no_bg​(SCREEN_WIDTH*2, SCREEN_HEIGHT*2...
New
lirux
Hi Jamis, I think there’s an issue with a test on chapter 6. I own the ebook, version P1.0 Feb. 2019. This test doesn’t pass for me: ...
New
Chrichton
Dear Sophie. I tried to do the “Authorization” exercise and have two questions: When trying to plug in an email-service, I found the ...
New
adamwoolhether
I’m not quite sure what’s going on here, but I’m unable to have to containers successfully complete the Readiness/Liveness checks. I’m im...
New
jskubick
I found an issue in Chapter 7 regarding android:backgroundTint vs app:backgroundTint. How to replicate: load chapter-7 from zipfile i...
New
New
s2k
Hi all, currently I wonder how the Tailwind colours work (or don’t work). For example, in app/views/layouts/application.html.erb I have...
New
davetron5000
Hello faithful readers! If you have tried to follow along in the book, you are asked to start up the dev environment via dx/build and ar...
New

Other popular topics Top

PragmaticBookshelf
Learn from the award-winning programming series that inspired the Elixir language, and go on a step-by-step journey through the most impo...
New
Exadra37
I am thinking in building or buy a desktop computer for programing, both professionally and on my free time, and my choice of OS is Linux...
New
Exadra37
Please tell us what is your preferred monitor setup for programming(not gaming) and why you have chosen it. Does your monitor have eye p...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Tailwind CSS is an exciting new CSS framework that allows you to design your site by composing simple utility classes to create complex e...
New
AstonJ
We’ve talked about his book briefly here but it is quickly becoming obsolete - so he’s decided to create a series of 7 podcasts, the firs...
New
Help
I am trying to crate a game for the Nintendo switch, I wanted to use Java as I am comfortable with that programming language. Can you use...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Author Spotlight Rebecca Skinner @RebeccaSkinner Welcome to our latest author spotlight, where we sit down with Rebecca Skinner, auth...
New
DevotionGeo
I have always used antique keyboards like Cherry MX 1800 or Cherry MX 8100 and almost always have modified the switches in some way, like...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
A concise guide to MySQL 9 database administration, covering fundamental concepts, techniques, and best practices. Neil Smyth MySQL...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
This book forgoes the abstract and instead provides concrete examples to help you better leverage the unique properties of Elixir, Erlang...
New

Latest in Ash Framework

Sub Categories: