NekoiNemo

NekoiNemo

Advanced Hands-on Rust: Numerous issues with Loading Menu parts (page 119-128

Setup Asset Store

On page 120 we’re told to make a fn setup in asset_manager, in a format of a bevy system, this is done after being told to uncomment adding setup fn as a system to bevy on the previous page, and told we will be implementing it now.

We never actually end up running an application using this code, as it gets discarded immediately after, without that being mentioned.

Later, on page 126 we use setup_asset_store fn that we never declared and never implement it after. Consulting with sources, the function we were supposed to write on 120 is that setup_asset_store, except it takes references to resources, not Res<> handles, and also returns an instance of AssetStore. Reader is never told to make these changes.

Workspace is ignored

Minor, but page 125 forgets that we’re using workspace and treats library’s Cargo.toml as having dependencies specified with versions

loading_menu re-exports

On page 126 we’re told to create loading_menu module, but never told to do blanket re-export of everything from it, despite the functions being used later as bevy_assets::setup (with function being declared in loading_menu.

The entirety of build() at the end

Not only all of the above, but the entire body of build() on page 128 is only annotated as us needing to add usage of Egui plugin to the setup, while completely ignoring the numerous additions and changes that are made to the function (namely, everything to do with assets in the last block)

It also uses T::default(). but we’re never told to update T’s constraints to also include + Default. And, unlike similar omission with Copy - this time the where T isn’t even shown in the code block

Where Next?

Popular Pragmatic Bookshelf topics Top

New
belgoros
Following the steps described in Chapter 6 of the book, I’m stuck with running the migration as described on page 84: bundle exec sequel...
New
raul
Hi Travis! Thank you for the cool book! :slight_smile: I made a list of issues and thought I could post them chapter by chapter. I’m rev...
New
JohnS
I can’t setup the Rails source code. This happens in a working directory containing multiple (postgres) Rails apps. With: ruby-3.0.0 s...
New
jskubick
I think I might have found a problem involving SwitchCompat, thumbTint, and trackTint. As entered, the SwitchCompat changes color to hol...
New
hgkjshegfskef
The test is as follows: Scenario: Intersecting a scaled sphere with a ray Given r ← ray(point(0, 0, -5), vector(0, 0, 1)) And s ← sphere...
New
brunogirin
When running tox for the first time, I got the following error: ERROR: InterpreterNotFound: python3.10 I realised that I was running ...
New
s2k
Hi all, currently I wonder how the Tailwind colours work (or don’t work). For example, in app/views/layouts/application.html.erb I have...
New
EdBorn
Title: Agile Web Development with Rails 7: (page 70) I am running windows 11 pro with rails 7.0.3 and ruby 3.1.2p20 (2022-04-12 revision...
New
ggerico
I got this error when executing the plot files on macOS Ventura 13.0.1 with Python 3.10.8 and matplotlib 3.6.1: programming_ML/code/03_...
New

Other popular topics Top

New
PragmaticBookshelf
Ruby, Io, Prolog, Scala, Erlang, Clojure, Haskell. With Seven Languages in Seven Weeks, by Bruce A. Tate, you’ll go beyond the syntax—and...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Write Elixir tests that you can be proud of. Dive into Elixir’s test philosophy and gain mastery over the terminology and concepts that u...
New
Exadra37
Please tell us what is your preferred monitor setup for programming(not gaming) and why you have chosen it. Does your monitor have eye p...
New
AstonJ
Continuing the discussion from Thinking about learning Crystal, let’s discuss - I was wondering which languages don’t GC - maybe we can c...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Create efficient, elegant software tests in pytest, Python's most powerful testing framework. Brian Okken @brianokken Edited by Kat...
New
AstonJ
If you want a quick and easy way to block any website on your Mac using Little Snitch simply… File &gt; New Rule: And select Deny, O...
New
CommunityNews
A Brief Review of the Minisforum V3 AMD Tablet. Update: I have created an awesome-minisforum-v3 GitHub repository to list information fo...
New
AstonJ
If you’re getting errors like this: psql: error: connection to server on socket “/tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432” failed: No such file or directory ...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Lint your docs like code: turn any style guide into enforceable rules with Vale and publish clear, consistent content every time. ...
New

Sub Categories: