grylix
Programming Clojure, Fourth Edition: Reference to regexp (page 26)
On page 26 you explain the use of anonymous functions with the example
(require '[clojure.string :as str])
(filter indexable-word? (str/split "A fine day it is" #"\W+"))
-> ("fine" "day")
You explain the invocation of split with “The call to split breaks the sentence into words, …”.
Probably you could mention that with #"\W+" a regular expression is defined (which will probably be explained later in the book).
Marked As Solved
alexmiller
Author of Programming Clojure, Third Edition
I’ve done a bit better and added a regular expressions subsection in the Reading Clojure section. Thanks!
Popular Pragmatic Bookshelf topics
Following the steps described in Chapter 6 of the book, I’m stuck with running the migration as described on page 84:
bundle exec sequel...
New
Title: Web Development with Clojure, Third Edition, pg 116
Hi - I just started chapter 5 and I am stuck on page 116 while trying to star...
New
When I try the command to create a pair of migration files I get an error.
user=> (create-migration "guestbook")
Execution error (Ill...
New
I can’t setup the Rails source code. This happens in a working directory containing multiple (postgres) Rails apps.
With:
ruby-3.0.0
s...
New
I’m not quite sure what’s going on here, but I’m unable to have to containers successfully complete the Readiness/Liveness checks. I’m im...
New
On page 78 the following code appears:
<%= link_to ‘Destroy’, product,
class: ‘hover:underline’,
method: :delete,
data: { confirm...
New
I’m a newbie to Rails 7 and have hit an issue with the bin/Dev script mentioned on pages 112-113.
Iteration A1 - Seeing the list of prod...
New
Book: Programming Phoenix LiveView, page 142 (157/378), file lib/pento_web/live/product_live/form_component.ex, in the function below:
d...
New
Hello @herbert ! Trying to get the very first “Hello, Bracket Terminal!" example to run (p. 53). I develop on an Amazon EC2 instance runn...
New
root_layout: {PentoWeb.LayoutView, :root},
This results in the following following error:
no “root” html template defined for PentoWeb...
New
Other popular topics
Stop developing web apps with yesterday’s tools. Today, developers are increasingly adopting Clojure as a web-development platform. See f...
New
Free and open source software is the default choice for the technologies that run our world, and it’s built and maintained by people like...
New
poll
poll
Be sure to check out @Dusty’s article posted here: An Introduction to Alternative Keyboard Layouts It’s one of the best write-...
New
Just done a fresh install of macOS Big Sur and on installing Erlang I am getting:
asdf install erlang 23.1.2
Configure failed.
checking ...
New
New
Programming Ruby is the most complete book on Ruby, covering both the language itself and the standard library as well as commonly used t...
New
Will Swifties’ war on AI fakes spark a deepfake porn reckoning?
New
I’m able to do the “artistic” part of game-development; character designing/modeling, music, environment modeling, etc.
However, I don’t...
New
If you’re getting errors like this:
psql: error: connection to server on socket “/tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432” failed: No such file or directory ...
New
There’s a GitHub repo at forrestchang/andrej-karpathy-skills that’s sitting at 97.8k stars. It’s a single CLAUDE.md file with four behavi...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Popular Portals
- /elixir
- /rust
- /wasm
- /ruby
- /erlang
- /phoenix
- /keyboards
- /python
- /js
- /rails
- /security
- /go
- /swift
- /vim
- /java
- /clojure
- /typescript
- /emacs
- /haskell
- /svelte
- /onivim
- /kotlin
- /react
- /c-plus-plus
- /crystal
- /tailwind
- /gleam
- /ocaml
- /elm
- /vscode
- /flutter
- /html
- /ash
- /deepseek
- /zig
- /opensuse
- /centos
- /php
- /react-native
- /scala
- /lisp
- /textmate
- /sublime-text
- /nixos
- /debian
- /agda
- /deno
- /django
- /kubuntu
- /arch-linux
- /nodejs
- /spring
- /ubuntu
- /revery
- /manjaro
- /julia
- /quarkus
- /lua
- /diversity
- /markdown









