Exadra37

Exadra37

Collection of App ideas for your next project

Have you ever wanted to build something but you had no idea what to do? Just as authors sometimes have “writers block” it’s also true for developers. This list is intended to solve this issue once and for all! +1

These applications are:

  • great for improving your coding skills muscle;
  • great for experimenting with new technologies new;
  • great for adding to your portfolio to impress your next employer/client file_folder;
  • great for using as examples in tutorials (articles or videos) page_with_curl;
  • easy to complete and also easily extendable with new features ok_hand;

This is not just a simple list of projects, but a collection that describes each project in enough detail so that you can develop it from the ground up!

So the questions now are:

  • Have you already built on from the list? If yes, share it :slight_smile:
  • Are you gonna build one from the list? If yes, which one?
  • Which one is your favorite and why?

Most Liked

AstonJ

AstonJ

I don’t think I have ever done one :see_no_evil: usually preferring to get started on an app I am going to make anyway - even if I need to bin it and start over. For me that seems a better use of my time as I am going to be building it anyway and anything I learn along the way will be useful for the final project.

Interested to hear how many others have made some though! What about you Paulo, have you done any?

Exadra37

Exadra37

Directly from the repo no, but in the list it’s the Hello greeting, and that one I have done already in a plenty of tutorials ;). In the repo is also listed a Weather app, and I have done a one to learn the basics of a Progressive Web App.

In the repo is also listed a Todo app, and I am currently doing an advanced Todo App to release as a product,

Where Next?

Popular General Dev topics Top

AstonJ
Which apps do you think are killing it right now? Either from a technical perspective or ones that you like personally or feel have been...
New
AstonJ
If so, what was the last blog post you wrote… and if not, why not?
New
chasekaylee
Hi everyone! I have been in the professional industry for ~2 years now coming from a boot camp. I started a base foundation by programmin...
New
chasekaylee
Hi there! I have some old Bose in ear noise cancelling headphones that have worked like a champ for the past 3 years and was maybe due fo...
New
AstonJ
Inspired by this post from @Carter, which languages, frameworks or other tech or tools do you think is killing it right now? :upside_down...
New
AstonJ
The dev world doesn’t sit still, in fact it is probably one of the fastest paced industries around - meaning to stay current we are conti...
New
dwaynebradley
For those that are interested, Snyk (developer security tool) announced support for Elixir earlier this week: Just thought I’d pass it...
New
malloryerik
With 100% less blockchain. I went searching for a lightweight immutable database that could be audited and ran into this. I guess this ...
New
OvermindDL1
Maybe we need a thread of hosting providers we like and for what reasons. I personally like OVH, they are a very low level host (they re...
New
Maartz
Hey, I love Regex, letting my kids slaming the keyboard until finding the good regex to do the job has always been a source of joy and p...
New

Other popular topics Top

Devtalk
Hello Devtalk World! Please let us know a little about who you are and where you’re from :nerd_face:
New
AstonJ
Or looking forward to? :nerd_face:
503 15149 280
New
Exadra37
Please tell us what is your preferred monitor setup for programming(not gaming) and why you have chosen it. Does your monitor have eye p...
New
AstonJ
Do the test and post your score :nerd_face: :keyboard: If possible, please add info such as the keyboard you’re using, the layout (Qw...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Use WebRTC to build web applications that stream media and data in real time directly from one user to another, all in the browser. ...
New
mafinar
This is going to be a long an frequently posted thread. While talking to a friend of mine who has taken data structure and algorithm cou...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Rails 7 completely redefines what it means to produce fantastic user experiences and provides a way to achieve all the benefits of single...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Author Spotlight Mike Riley @mriley This month, we turn the spotlight on Mike Riley, author of Portable Python Projects. Mike’s book ...
New
First poster: bot
zig/http.zig at 7cf2cbb33ef34c1d211135f56d30fe23b6cacd42 · ziglang/zig. General-purpose programming language and toolchain for maintaini...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Use advanced functional programming principles, practical Domain-Driven Design techniques, and production-ready Elixir code to build scal...
New