AstonJ
Keychron Q1 Knob Keyboard
This might be my next keyboard (the down arrow on my Apple Magic Keyboard has stopped working
)
The original Q1 without the knob got some pretty good reviews and this version is meant to improve on that with:
- An added knob.
- Knob version uses the Gateron G Pro switches instead of the Gateron Phantom switches.
- Double-Gasket Design with extra silicone gaskets installed between the top and bottom cases for an improved sound profile.
- A brand new ultra-low-power Arm Cortex-M4 32-bit STM32L432 MCU which is powerful, and armed with 128K Flash will provide more flexibility for developers.
- Slightly thicker bottom case to make the Q1 heavier, sturdier, and has much less ping noise.
- Steel plate instead of an aluminum plate, making the board heavier and sturdier.
- The top case has sharper corners to make it much more compatible with third-party keycaps.
- Abandoned the Coiled Aviator Cable to save some costs.
- New screw-in PCB stabilizer.
Here are some videos:
Anyone have any thoughts on them?
Most Liked
dyowee
This looks nice ![]()
2
OvermindDL1
Soooo, I’m curious, how does that happen? I’ve never had a key stop working across hundreds of keyboards across near 4 decades… Did a trace on the board get damaged or something? Or is it something weird with the switch (those aren’t really something to die…)?
1
AstonJ
I cleaned my keyboard with a warm soapy sponge with a bit too much water ![]()
1
Popular General Dev topics
Tell us what kind of machine/hardware do you have? and what kind of reason for?
describe your hardware… :computer: :nerd_face:
New
poll
poll
Be sure to check out @Dusty’s article posted here: An Introduction to Alternative Keyboard Layouts It’s one of the best write-...
New
This video made some interesting points and can help you decide if a shiny new M1 Mac is right for you.
New
I ended up cancelling my Moonlander order as I think it’s just going to be a bit too bulky for me.
I think the Planck and the Preonic (o...
New
Perhaps we can add some vids on sound differences, those I’ve seen so far are giving the plastic cases a nice stock sound (you could do s...
New
I have been using a glossy monitor (LG5K) for over a year now and I swear it is affecting my eyesight.
I heard that it can happen as it’...
New
Any tech from the past that you liked/loved? Post here!
Pics welcome too! :003:
New
I found an old electric monitor and thought I’d see what my LG5K monitor while connected to the Mac was using - it powers the Mac and all...
New
If you are a programmer and you have purchased an external monitor from any brand for programming, BenQ User Research Team would like to ...
New
I love my programmable, mechanical keyboards. Keyboardio Atreus, ZSA Moonlander and the Planck EZ. By far my favorite is the Moonlander. ...
New
Other popular topics
Instantly view the changes you make to an app with stateful hot reload, and define a declarative UI in the same language as the app logic...
New
Machine learning can be intimidating, with its reliance on math and algorithms that most programmers don't encounter in their regular wor...
New
Learn from the award-winning programming series that inspired the Elixir language, and go on a step-by-step journey through the most impo...
New
I am thinking in building or buy a desktop computer for programing, both professionally and on my free time, and my choice of OS is Linux...
New
Small essay with thoughts on macOS vs. Linux:
I know @Exadra37 is just waiting around the corner to scream at me “I TOLD YOU SO!!!” but I...
New
The V Programming Language
Simple language for building maintainable programs
V is already mentioned couple of times in the forum, but I...
New
Use WebRTC to build web applications that stream media and data in real time directly from one user to another, all in the browser.
...
New
Was just curious to see if any were around, found this one:
I got 51/100:
Not sure if it was meant to buy I am sure at times the b...
New
Programming Ruby is the most complete book on Ruby, covering both the language itself and the standard library as well as commonly used t...
New
Lint your docs like code: turn any style guide into enforceable rules with Vale and publish clear, consistent content every time.
...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
- All
- In The News (11395)
- Dev Chat (208)
- Questions (38)
- Resources (122)
- Blogs/Talks (29)
- Jobs (3)
- Events (15)
- Code Editors (59)
- Hardware
- Reviews (5)
- Sales (16)
- Design & UX (5)
- Marketing & SEO (2)
- Industry & Culture (14)
- Ethics & Privacy (19)
- Business (4)
- Learning Methods (7)
- Content Creators (7)
- DevOps & Hosting (14)
Popular Portals
- /elixir
- /rust
- /wasm
- /ruby
- /erlang
- /phoenix
- /keyboards
- /python
- /js
- /rails
- /security
- /go
- /swift
- /vim
- /java
- /clojure
- /typescript
- /emacs
- /haskell
- /svelte
- /onivim
- /kotlin
- /react
- /c-plus-plus
- /crystal
- /tailwind
- /gleam
- /ocaml
- /elm
- /vscode
- /flutter
- /html
- /ash
- /deepseek
- /zig
- /opensuse
- /centos
- /php
- /react-native
- /scala
- /lisp
- /textmate
- /sublime-text
- /nixos
- /debian
- /agda
- /deno
- /django
- /kubuntu
- /arch-linux
- /nodejs
- /ubuntu
- /spring
- /revery
- /manjaro
- /julia
- /quarkus
- /lua
- /diversity
- /laravel









