AstonJ

AstonJ

Keyboard Switches - which do you use/like?

Which keyboard switches do you use/like? :upside_down_face:

Most Liked

DevotionGeo

DevotionGeo

I always hated my Cherry MX 8100’s spacebar for requiring more force than other keys. Turns out it has a Cherry MX Grey switch while other keys have Cherry MX brown switches. I’m going to try to replace it with a brown switch, but I don’t know if I can install a brown switch’s top in this grey switch’s base or I have to re-solder the switch.

Edit: I replaced the switch and it didn’t require re-soldering. :smiley:

AstonJ

AstonJ

You might find then that you are having to hover your hands over the keys - I would personally find that a chore (I prefer to have my wrists resting on something/the desk). I’ve seen some people type while hovering and have always wondered whether they get tired.

I also quite like keyboards with fairly extreme angles for the same reason… here’s an example:

(Apparently that keyboard fetches a couple of grand on the aftermarket!)

DevotionGeo

DevotionGeo

I used a cloth (muffler) as a wrist rest, and now I realized that without it typing really was a chore. I’ll be using it for a day or two, till my thunderclap headache goes away and lets me go to the market.
Thank you @AstonJ!

Where Next?

Popular General Dev topics Top

AstonJ
Do you use (or does your dev machine have) a Retina or HiDPI screen? poll Here’s an explanation of what HiDPI is - from Steve Jobs when ...
New
AstonJ
There’s a whole world of custom keycaps out there that I didn’t know existed! Check out all of our Keycaps threads here: https://forum....
New
AstonJ
I’ve been hearing quite a lot of comments relating to the sound of a keyboard, with one of the most desirable of these called ‘thock’, he...
New
Carter
Seems to be a load of h/w purchases on devtalk rn :iphone: :desktop_computer: :headphones: :computer: :keyboard: What hardware have you ...
New
AstonJ
I have seen the keycaps I want - they are due for a group-buy this week but won’t be delivered until October next year!!! :rofl: The Ser...
New
First poster: bot
CutiePi is a Raspberry Pi 4 tablet that turns your project into an untethered adventure. Build and create wherever an idea strikes you. N...
New
AstonJ
I have been using a glossy monitor (LG5K) for over a year now and I swear it is affecting my eyesight. I heard that it can happen as it’...
New
First poster: AstonJ
If you kept a close eye on the Apple vs. Epic Games trial, you might be wondering: How the hell did we get to this point, where a phone m...
New
First poster: bot
A brief overview of IBM’s new 7 nm Telum mainframe CPU. A typical Telum-powered mainframe offers 256 cores at a base clock of 5+GHz.
New
Huang-PJ
If you are a programmer and you have purchased an external monitor from any brand for programming, BenQ User Research Team would like to ...
New

Other popular topics Top

Devtalk
Reading something? Working on something? Planning something? Changing jobs even!? If you’re up for sharing, please let us know what you’...
1063 24245 395
New
DevotionGeo
I know that these benchmarks might not be the exact picture of real-world scenario, but still I expect a Rust web framework performing a ...
New
Exadra37
I am thinking in building or buy a desktop computer for programing, both professionally and on my free time, and my choice of OS is Linux...
New
Rainer
My first contact with Erlang was about 2 years ago when I used RabbitMQ, which is written in Erlang, for my job. This made me curious and...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Use WebRTC to build web applications that stream media and data in real time directly from one user to another, all in the browser. ...
New
husaindevelop
Inside our android webview app, we are trying to paste the copied content from another app eg (notes) using navigator.clipboard.readtext ...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
25 puzzles that will make you a better C programmer by challenging your knowledge of the language, and explaining the technical details o...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Fight complexity and reclaim the original spirit of agility by learning to simplify how you develop software. The result: a more humane a...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
This book forgoes the abstract and instead provides concrete examples to help you better leverage the unique properties of Elixir, Erlang...
New
pragdave
Build robust LLM-powered apps, chatbots, and agents while mastering AI engineering principles that will help you outlast the tools and th...
New