AstonJ

AstonJ

Do you use a Retina/HiDPI screen?

Do you use (or does your dev machine have) a Retina or HiDPI screen?

  • Yes
  • No
0 voters

Here’s an explanation of what HiDPI is - from Steve Jobs when Apple brought out their first Retina products:

And this article goes into further detail: Confused about HiDPI and Retina display? ― Understanding pixel density in the age of 4K | EIZO

Most Liked

dimitarvp

dimitarvp

iMac Pro here, “5K” screen: 5120x2880.

NobbZ

NobbZ

When is a display “high DPI” and when is it “low DPI”?

NobbZ

NobbZ

I never do any explicit scaling.

I just use screens on their native resolution…

My screens at home probably count as LoDPI, as both of them predate the first retina, and therefore the HiDPI hype.

My screens at work ar both 4k, 19". Don’t want to count actual dots per inch now :smiley:

Though as far as I understood you @OvermindDL1, my mobile counts as HiDPI then, as I use a Pixel 4 XL as you do.

There is also a “fallback” screen I sometimes use, Its a 32" 1080p device from ~2005… Its regular use is as a screen for our home-media setup. (Its a plain old dumb-but-“flat”-TV)

Where Next?

Popular General Dev topics Top

AstonJ
In ear? Over? Noise Cancelling? Brand and model numbers please :nerd_face: Pics always welcome too!
New
brentjanderson
Bought the Moonlander mechanical keyboard. Cherry Brown MX switches. Arms and wrists have been hurting enough that it’s time I did someth...
New
AstonJ
Here’s why: He makes a convincing argument against staggered, and the first comment sums it up: Once I learned why the s...
New
AstonJ
There’s a whole world of custom keycaps out there that I didn’t know existed! Check out all of our Keycaps threads here: https://forum....
New
AstonJ
I found this video pretty informative - even if it could have been said in half the time!
New
New
First poster: bot
Robert Bosch (ROBG.UL) opened a 1 billion euro ($1.2 billion) chip plant in Germany on Monday, a record investment by the leading automot...
New
Huang-PJ
If you are a programmer and you have purchased an external monitor from any brand for programming, BenQ User Research Team would like to ...
New
CommunityNews
Shop Dell UltraSharp Thunderbolt Hub Monitor U5226KW. 6K ultrawide curved display, 120Hz refresh, & TUV-certified eye comfort​.
New
bsrtech
Blame AI! Samsung’s reported 100% QoQ increase in NAND Flash contract prices in Q1 2026 confirms a structural shift in the memory market....
New

Other popular topics Top

Devtalk
Hello Devtalk World! Please let us know a little about who you are and where you’re from :nerd_face:
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Learn from the award-winning programming series that inspired the Elixir language, and go on a step-by-step journey through the most impo...
New
DevotionGeo
I know that these benchmarks might not be the exact picture of real-world scenario, but still I expect a Rust web framework performing a ...
New
Exadra37
I am thinking in building or buy a desktop computer for programing, both professionally and on my free time, and my choice of OS is Linux...
New
DevotionGeo
The V Programming Language Simple language for building maintainable programs V is already mentioned couple of times in the forum, but I...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Author Spotlight Mike Riley @mriley This month, we turn the spotlight on Mike Riley, author of Portable Python Projects. Mike’s book ...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Build modern server-driven web applications using htmx. Whatever programming language you use, you’ll write less (and cleaner) code. ...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
A masterclass in the fundamentals and principles of functional programming. Minh Quang Tran The Art of Functional Programming is a ma...
New
Fl4m3Ph03n1x
Background Lately I am in a quest to find a good quality TTS ai generation tool to run locally in order to create audio for some videos I...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Quickly turn complex problems into simple, working solutions using functional programming, safe concurrency, and the expressive tools of ...
New