harwind

harwind

Spring Boot Request Mapping: How to Handle Multiple Request Paths in a Controller

I’m working on a Spring Boot project and I have a controller where I want to map multiple request paths to a single method. Let’s say I have a RESTful API for managing products, and I want to handle both GET requests for product details and POST requests for creating new products in the same controller.

Here’s a simplified example of my controller:

@RestController
@RequestMapping("/products")
public class ProductController {

    @GetMapping("/{productId}")
    public ResponseEntity<Product> getProductDetails(@PathVariable Long productId) {
        // Retrieve and return product details
    }

    @PostMapping("/create")
    public ResponseEntity<Product> createProduct(@RequestBody Product newProduct) {
        // Create and return the new product
    }
}

I want to be able to access product details using a GET request to /products/{productId} and create new products with a POST request to /products/create . However, when I try this, the POST request doesn’t seem to work as expected. What am I doing wrong, and how can I make this work with Spring Boot’s request mapping?
I’ve searched through a number of websites without getting an acceptable answer, therefore I’d appreciate advice on how to successfully set up request mappings in a Spring Boot controller to handle various HTTP methods and request pathways.

Most Liked

faust

faust

when you say this, what exactly is happening? are you getting some error?

Where Next?

Popular General Dev topics Top

Devtalk
Hello Devtalk World! Please let us know a little about who you are and where you’re from :nerd_face:
New
Devtalk
Reading something? Working on something? Planning something? Changing jobs even!? If you’re up for sharing, please let us know what you’...
1063 24245 395
New
AstonJ
I just watched this: (tldr: remove bad choices so you don’t need to use willpower) It got me thinking about ways to incre...
New
AstonJ
Which apps do you think are killing it right now? Either from a technical perspective or ones that you like personally or feel have been...
New
AstonJ
If so, what was the last blog post you wrote… and if not, why not?
New
AstonJ
Inspired by this tweet by @dasdom Even if you take out all the damage being done by humans, our planet has about 50B years before bein...
New
AstonJ
Continuing the discussion from Thinking about learning Crystal, let’s discuss - I was wondering which languages don’t GC - maybe we can c...
New
AstonJ
Maybe a specific language or framework? Or a book or tool perhaps? What’s made your life easier and what do you think could make the live...
New
ohm
I just switched jobs to tech lead with a small team of about 6 other developer. This is my first tech lead job. What do I need to know? A...
New
DevotionGeo
Amazon CodeWhisperer is an alternative to GitHub Copilot, and it’s free!
New

Other popular topics Top

PragmaticBookshelf
Stop developing web apps with yesterday’s tools. Today, developers are increasingly adopting Clojure as a web-development platform. See f...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Machine learning can be intimidating, with its reliance on math and algorithms that most programmers don't encounter in their regular wor...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Write Elixir tests that you can be proud of. Dive into Elixir’s test philosophy and gain mastery over the terminology and concepts that u...
New
AstonJ
Continuing the discussion from Thinking about learning Crystal, let’s discuss - I was wondering which languages don’t GC - maybe we can c...
New
Maartz
Hi folks, I don’t know if I saw this here but, here’s a new programming language, called Roc Reminds me a bit of Elm and thus Haskell. ...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Author Spotlight Rebecca Skinner @RebeccaSkinner Welcome to our latest author spotlight, where we sit down with Rebecca Skinner, auth...
New
AstonJ
If you’re getting errors like this: psql: error: connection to server on socket “/tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432” failed: No such file or directory ...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Overarching tutorial for Python beginner and intermediate developers that teaches web development with the Flask framework. Miguel Gr...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
A concise guide to MySQL 9 database administration, covering fundamental concepts, techniques, and best practices. Neil Smyth MySQL...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Quickly turn complex problems into simple, working solutions using functional programming, safe concurrency, and the expressive tools of ...
New