pm9999

pm9999

Web Development with Clojure, Third Edition: missing refer and more page277-278 P1.0

Dmitri Sotnikov @dmitri and Scot Brown @svmbrown

On page 277 image-uploader needs to be referred to from components

;;…
[:div.field
[:div.control
[image-uploader
#(rf/dispatch [:message/save-media %])
“Insert an Image”]]]
;;…

On page 278 I sense that we are only trying to update the code of submit button not the whole message-form as shown:

(defn message-form
[:div.card
[:div.card-header>p.card-header-title
“Post Something!”]
(let [{:keys [login profile]} @(rf/subscribe [:auth/user])
display-name (:display-name profile login)]
[:div.card-content
[:input.button.is-primary.is-fullwidth
{:type :submit
:disabled @(rf/subscribe [:form/validation-errors?])
:on-click #(rf/dispatch [:message/send!
@(rf/subscribe [:form/fields])
@(rf/subscribe [:message/media])])
:value “comment”}]])])

First Post!

svmbrown

svmbrown

Author of Web Development with Clojure

Hi, that seems to be an issue with the code snippet generation.

Please see the source code for the full message-form body here.

I’ll see what I can do about getting an update published as soon as possible.

In case you’re unable to see the content of the link, the form control we wrote to insert an image should be included inside the :div.card-content element of message-form, along with the :div.field that contains the textarea-input from guestbook.components.

Apologies for the confusing error. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

FYI: In the PDF version of the book, the filenames above the code blocks are clickable, and will let you view the entire namespace they are taken from.

Where Next?

Popular Pragmatic Bookshelf topics Top

jimmykiang
This test is broken right out of the box… — FAIL: TestAgent (7.82s) agent_test.go:77: Error Trace: agent_test.go:77 agent_test.go:...
New
edruder
I thought that there might be interest in using the book with Rails 6.1 and Ruby 2.7.2. I’ll note what I needed to do differently here. ...
New
cro
I am working on the “Your Turn” for chapter one and building out the restart button talked about on page 27. It recommends looking into ...
New
brian-m-ops
#book-python-testing-with-pytest-second-edition Hi. Thanks for writing the book. I am just learning so this might just of been an issue ...
New
AndyDavis3416
@noelrappin Running the webpack dev server, I receive the following warning: ERROR in tsconfig.json TS18003: No inputs were found in c...
New
brunogirin
When I run the coverage example to report on missing lines, I get: pytest --cov=cards --report=term-missing ch7 ERROR: usage: pytest [op...
New
adamwoolhether
Is there any place where we can discuss the solutions to some of the exercises? I can figure most of them out, but am having trouble with...
New
jwandekoken
Book: Programming Phoenix LiveView, page 142 (157/378), file lib/pento_web/live/product_live/form_component.ex, in the function below: d...
New
dtonhofer
@parrt In the context of Chapter 4.3, the grammar Java.g4, meant to parse Java 6 compilation units, no longer passes ANTLR (currently 4....
New
SlowburnAZ
Getting an error when installing the dependencies at the start of this chapter: could not compile dependency :exla, "mix compile" failed...
New

Other popular topics Top

Exadra37
I am thinking in building or buy a desktop computer for programing, both professionally and on my free time, and my choice of OS is Linux...
New
brentjanderson
Bought the Moonlander mechanical keyboard. Cherry Brown MX switches. Arms and wrists have been hurting enough that it’s time I did someth...
New
Rainer
My first contact with Erlang was about 2 years ago when I used RabbitMQ, which is written in Erlang, for my job. This made me curious and...
New
AstonJ
poll poll Be sure to check out @Dusty’s article posted here: An Introduction to Alternative Keyboard Layouts It’s one of the best write-...
New
AstonJ
Do the test and post your score :nerd_face: :keyboard: If possible, please add info such as the keyboard you’re using, the layout (Qw...
New
dimitarvp
Small essay with thoughts on macOS vs. Linux: I know @Exadra37 is just waiting around the corner to scream at me “I TOLD YOU SO!!!” but I...
New
Exadra37
I am asking for any distro that only has the bare-bones to be able to get a shell in the server and then just install the packages as we ...
New
AstonJ
If you get Can't find emacs in your PATH when trying to install Doom Emacs on your Mac you… just… need to install Emacs first! :lol: bre...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Author Spotlight Rebecca Skinner @RebeccaSkinner Welcome to our latest author spotlight, where we sit down with Rebecca Skinner, auth...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
As digital systems increasingly run the world, mastery of the recurring patterns of software development risk is the key to fast and effe...
New

Sub Categories: