jasonwu

jasonwu

Web Development with Clojure, Third Edition: "Internal Server Error" when trying to log in

Hi Dmitri Sotnikov @dmitri and Scot Brown @svmbrown,

I am trying to run some of the source code. Sometimes I’m able to log in fine (running guestbook-feeds-2 for example) and other times, I get “Internal Server Error” (for example, with guestbook-session). This happens with both “Log in” and “Register” where I get “Internal Server Error.” Is this something to do with Postgres? How do I debug this?

Thank you!

First Post!

jasonwu

jasonwu

Just figured out what I was doing wrong. I couldn’t log in with any of the code before guestbook-profile, but at guestbook-profile it started working again.

My error: I was using the same database with everything. The database used in the last part of the book has JSONB added to it, and JSONB stuff in the code to deal with that. So when I ran code from the first part, the code didn’t have the JSONB stuff, but the database had it, so it wasn’t working.

Solution: If I add the json library to the project.clj file, and change db/core.clj according to the guestbook-profile instructions, and I also updated the queries to be safe, now I can log in fine.

Leaving my post up in case there are other newbies like me who are new to JSONB and how that affects the database and code.

Where Next?

Popular Pragmatic Bookshelf topics Top

jon
Some minor things in the paper edition that says “3 2020” on the title page verso, not mentioned in the book’s errata online: p. 186 But...
New
GilWright
Working through the steps (checking that the Info,plist matches exactly), run the demo game and what appears is grey but does not fill th...
New
ianwillie
Hello Brian, I have some problems with running the code in your book. I like the style of the book very much and I have learnt a lot as...
New
jamis
The following is cross-posted from the original Ray Tracer Challenge forum, from a post by garfieldnate. I’m cross-posting it so that the...
New
simonpeter
When I try the command to create a pair of migration files I get an error. user=> (create-migration "guestbook") Execution error (Ill...
New
cro
I am working on the “Your Turn” for chapter one and building out the restart button talked about on page 27. It recommends looking into ...
New
Chrichton
Dear Sophie. I tried to do the “Authorization” exercise and have two questions: When trying to plug in an email-service, I found the ...
New
digitalbias
Title: Build a Weather Station with Elixir and Nerves: Problem connecting to Postgres with Grafana on (page 64) If you follow the defau...
New
tkhobbes
After some hassle, I was able to finally run bin/setup, now I have started the rails server but I get this error message right when I vis...
New
ggerico
I got this error when executing the plot files on macOS Ventura 13.0.1 with Python 3.10.8 and matplotlib 3.6.1: programming_ML/code/03_...
New

Other popular topics Top

PragmaticBookshelf
Instantly view the changes you make to an app with stateful hot reload, and define a declarative UI in the same language as the app logic...
New
AstonJ
If it’s a mechanical keyboard, which switches do you have? Would you recommend it? Why? What will your next keyboard be? Pics always w...
New
New
AstonJ
poll poll Be sure to check out @Dusty’s article posted here: An Introduction to Alternative Keyboard Layouts It’s one of the best write-...
New
Exadra37
I am asking for any distro that only has the bare-bones to be able to get a shell in the server and then just install the packages as we ...
New
AstonJ
If you get Can't find emacs in your PATH when trying to install Doom Emacs on your Mac you… just… need to install Emacs first! :lol: bre...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Fight complexity and reclaim the original spirit of agility by learning to simplify how you develop software. The result: a more humane a...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Escape callback hell and ship fast, clean code that reads as smoothly as it runs. Squash bugs and stamp out memory leaks with an intuitiv...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Use advanced functional programming principles, practical Domain-Driven Design techniques, and production-ready Elixir code to build scal...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
As digital systems increasingly run the world, mastery of the recurring patterns of software development risk is the key to fast and effe...
New

Sub Categories: