jasonwu

jasonwu

Web Development with Clojure, Third Edition: ERROR column "profile" does not exist (page 219)

I’m on p. 219, and previously I think everything was working.

I updated queries.sql as shown in the book and source code: (two - - are shown as – here for some reason, but there’s 2 dashes in my code. Similarly, I wrote a space with * db* otherwise it shows up as italics, but this space isn’t there when I write it in the terminal).

– START:profile
– :name set-profile-for-user* :<! :1
– :doc sets a profile map for the specified user
UPDATE users
SET profile = :profile
where :login = login
RETURNING *;

– :name get-user* :? :1
– :doc gets a user’s publicly available information
SELECT login, created_at, profile from users
WHERE login = :login
– END:profile

Then I do
user=> (start)
(require 'guestbook.db.core)
(in-ns 'guestbook.db.core)
(conman/bind-connection * db* “sql/queries.sql”)
(get-user* {:login “testuser”})

Then I get this error:
ERROR: column “profile” does not exist
Position: 27

What do I do?

Edit: I’d like to add I get this same error when trying to run the source code for this section. This leads me to believe I have something wrong in how my database is set up or being accessed. I’m new to all this so that is my best guess.

First Post!

jasonwu

jasonwu

I got around this by typing the contents of the add profile “up” migration sql file into a psql command line.

Where Next?

Popular Pragmatic Bookshelf topics Top

edruder
I thought that there might be interest in using the book with Rails 6.1 and Ruby 2.7.2. I’ll note what I needed to do differently here. ...
New
raul
Hi Travis! Thank you for the cool book! :slight_smile: I made a list of issues and thought I could post them chapter by chapter. I’m rev...
New
Mmm
Hi, build fails on: bracket-lib = “~0.8.1” when running on Mac Mini M1 Rust version 1.5.0: Compiling winit v0.22.2 error[E0308]: mi...
New
raul
Page 28: It implements io.ReaderAt on the store type. Sorry if it’s a dumb question but was the io.ReaderAt supposed to be io.ReadAt? ...
New
jeremyhuiskamp
Title: Web Development with Clojure, Third Edition, vB17.0 (p9) The create table guestbook syntax suggested doesn’t seem to be accepted ...
New
New
Chrichton
Dear Sophie. I tried to do the “Authorization” exercise and have two questions: When trying to plug in an email-service, I found the ...
New
digitalbias
Title: Build a Weather Station with Elixir and Nerves: Problem connecting to Postgres with Grafana on (page 64) If you follow the defau...
New
taguniversalmachine
Hi, I am getting an error I cannot figure out on my test. I have what I think is the exact code from the book, other than I changed “us...
New
kolossal
Hi, I need some help, I’m new to rust and was learning through your book. but I got stuck at the last stage of distribution. Whenever I t...
New

Other popular topics Top

Devtalk
Hello Devtalk World! Please let us know a little about who you are and where you’re from :nerd_face:
New
DevotionGeo
I know that these benchmarks might not be the exact picture of real-world scenario, but still I expect a Rust web framework performing a ...
New
Margaret
Hello everyone! This thread is to tell you about what authors from The Pragmatic Bookshelf are writing on Medium.
1147 29994 760
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Author Spotlight Mike Riley @mriley This month, we turn the spotlight on Mike Riley, author of Portable Python Projects. Mike’s book ...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Programming Ruby is the most complete book on Ruby, covering both the language itself and the standard library as well as commonly used t...
New
New
New
PragmaticBookshelf
25 puzzles that will make you a better C programmer by challenging your knowledge of the language, and explaining the technical details o...
New
RobertRichards
Hair Salon Games for Girls Fun Girls Hair Saloon game is mainly developed for kids. This game allows users to select virtual avatars to ...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Escape callback hell and ship fast, clean code that reads as smoothly as it runs. Squash bugs and stamp out memory leaks with an intuitiv...
New

Sub Categories: