Eiji

Eiji

"This AI will destroy humanity!"

Today, I tried to find some information and few times I not only got completely wrong answers, but even fake GitHub links … Every time I see so fundamental problem I remind all of the “skeptical opinions” like: "This AI will destroy humanity!", or: "Maybe, current generation is far away from it, but look how it changed over all those years!", so I’m looking …

Not only I’m not able to click those links, but also even if I copy-paste them into browser I got 404 page. I think “fine, it was moved/renamed”, so I will take a look at the parent url i.e. the account dashboard. What I found or actually what I don’t found made me sure that at least trinity-v1.2-7b is far, far away from being useful and all the damage it could cause is to generate a fake answers with fake links. With such an “AI” we don’t need to worry about losing even the simplest jobs.

Does anybody else have such problems or maybe I am asking wrong questions? Do you still think that the current “generation” is really a “progress”? Also could you really please let me know why people are so exited that AI could be their serious partner and they are in fear that it would replace them soon? Please let me know your thoughts.

#ai

Most Liked

dyowee

dyowee

Also saw some comments on Twitter, that ChatGPT was getting worse in generating code compared to a few months ago.

osbre

osbre

I suppose it’s the same, but gives inconsistent answers (by design)

Eiji

Eiji

Since it’s just a complex algorithm, and not what many people think true AI, it does not change and definitely it’s not self-rewritting AI in 5 min. It’s important to note what the “design” is. The AI is a … how to call it best (?) - a “smart” data aggregation? Especially AI run locally is too fast to browser whole network for the best answers, so what the algorithm could do then?

  1. Use fixed number of sources - this obviously drastically limits quality, but standalone it’s not so big deal. What happens if said source is used less and less times? Some time ago we talked about StackOverflow’s decrease of popularity. In that case some topics, even if they are popular in specific community could, may be completely not available to AI. What it should do then? Since many errors and warnings are using common naming AI may give a solution for a “similar” problem or propose something that’s outdated.

  2. Use search engine - at first it looks a better approach, but what if the search engine works as same as for the user?

  • If “bad” algorithm is instructing “better” AI which in best case means just a research speed improvement i.e. the AI would not find what human could not too. In worst case it means that “AI” would produce worse results, but much faster than user would do. If we talk about float type it’s fine. If we talk about professional work (like when decimal is used for operating on money) it’s a terrible solution.

  • However the search engine also could have (and most probably it’s how it works) it’s own “AI” model. Then no matter which AI model is worse the results would always be far away from perfection.

  1. The data to train a model is selected by AI developer - at one side it’s awesome since we should be safe in terms of quality, but on the other side there are similar limitations like those above (either not enough source data or there’s an algorithm/developer deciding which source is trusted and which not)

So what should good AI do? I guess same thing as on chess sites. It quickly gives “some” results and if the user waits a bit more then after processing more data the results may be modified. Secondly if AI suggest something it should be able to try it. What’s a problem with generating a simple script or project with specific dependencies (if any), compile and run code? We already have lots of automation tools for that and we do not need a “true” AI to able to automatically test if specific scenario is good. The best part however is said script/app as since it’s small it’s really easy to check what has been changed, so similar changes could be applied to desired project much smoothly.

Where Next?

Popular Ai topics Top

AstonJ
I have a feeling we’re going to see a lot of threads about DeepSeek, so have put up a portal for it :003:
New
AstonJ
AI has been a hot topic here on Devtalk recently, so along that theme: How useful do you think AI dev tools are right now and how useful ...
New
Eiji
Yesterday a very interesting to discuss situation have happen. While StackOverflow still suffer a lot, because of chat bots, but yesterda...
New
nix0097
Hello I hope you’re doing well. I’m looking to develop a custom chatbot and would love to collaborate with you on this project. The chat...
New
xiji2646-netizen
Woke up to this today: Claude Code’s complete source code exposed via npm source map. Not a snippet. All 512,000 lines. 1,900 TypeScript ...
New
xiji2646-netizen
Just went through the Anthropic migration guide for Opus 4.7 and there are more gotchas than the announcement implied. Curious if others ...
New
xiji2646-netizen
DeepSeek officially launched deepseek-v4-flash and deepseek-v4-pro in preview on April 24, 2026. The legacy routes (deepseek-chat, deepse...
New
xiji2646-netizen
Anthropic shipped something called Dreaming for Managed Agents this week. It’s a scheduled background process that runs between sessions ...
New
xiji2646-netizen
Google shipped 3.5 Flash at I/O 2026. The “budget” Flash model now beats 3.1 Pro on coding and tool-calling benchmarks. Key numbers (fro...
New
xiji2646-netizen
I was reading through a curated list of 60 real-world Claude Fable 5 cases (each logged with input, process, output, and an evidence tag)...
New

Other popular topics Top

dasdom
No chair. I have a standing desk. This post was split into a dedicated thread from our thread about chairs :slight_smile:
New
Rainer
My first contact with Erlang was about 2 years ago when I used RabbitMQ, which is written in Erlang, for my job. This made me curious and...
New
AstonJ
There’s a whole world of custom keycaps out there that I didn’t know existed! Check out all of our Keycaps threads here: https://forum....
New
New
Exadra37
Oh just spent so much time on this to discover now that RancherOS is in end of life but Rancher is refusing to mark the Github repo as su...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Build highly interactive applications without ever leaving Elixir, the way the experts do. Let LiveView take care of performance, scalabi...
New
AstonJ
If you get Can't find emacs in your PATH when trying to install Doom Emacs on your Mac you… just… need to install Emacs first! :lol: bre...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
A concise guide to MySQL 9 database administration, covering fundamental concepts, techniques, and best practices. Neil Smyth MySQL...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Use advanced functional programming principles, practical Domain-Driven Design techniques, and production-ready Elixir code to build scal...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Lint your docs like code: turn any style guide into enforceable rules with Vale and publish clear, consistent content every time. ...
New