AstonJ

AstonJ

DeepSeek - the free, open source “ChatGPT killer”

Loads of news stories about DeepSeek here in the last few days, no surprise as it’s been making headlines across the world! Currently a huge story on social media too.

Anyone tried it? What do you think?

Here’s a good explanation:

And here are some everyday people talking about it on social media:

Along with a few more controversial ones:

Curious to hear what you all think :smiley:

Most Liked

adamaiken89

adamaiken89

It represents a groundbreaking advancement in the field of LLMs However, privacy and security on Deepseek remain a hidden concern.

jmagnani

jmagnani

I tried to use it in place of a different LLM we were using, but using the same prompt. And it seems to give a different output. Not sure if it needs to prompted differently?

iPaul

iPaul

If you run it locally there should be no security concern, some of the distilled models can run on regular laptops.

Where Next?

Popular Ai topics Top

AstonJ
Can you spot the AI generated person in the pic below? ▶ Spoiler Video here:
New
AstonJ
I have a feeling we’re going to see a lot of threads about DeepSeek, so have put up a portal for it :003:
New
kammy
Hi everyone! The other day I was having a debate with my friends about whether or not the top LLM models are “good at design.” I’d love ...
New
xiji2646-netizen
Been using a two-stage workflow for AI video production that’s been consistently more reliable than text-to-video: Generate a 3×3 stor...
New
xiji2646-netizen
There’s a GitHub repo at forrestchang/andrej-karpathy-skills that’s sitting at 97.8k stars. It’s a single CLAUDE.md file with four behavi...
New
xiji2646-netizen
Curious how others deal with this: you start a refactoring task with your AI coding assistant, close the terminal, come back – and it has...
New
xiji2646-netizen
Been using the skills repo (77K stars, #1 on GitHub Trending recently) with Claude Code. Sharing what worked and what did not. What work...
New
xiji2646-netizen
Google shipped 3.5 Flash at I/O 2026. The “budget” Flash model now beats 3.1 Pro on coding and tool-calling benchmarks. Key numbers (fro...
New
LatentLogic
I got tired of comparing Seedance 2.0 API providers. There are simply too many. I have personally come across at least 20–30 platforms, ...
New
LatentLogic
I recently integrated Seedance 2.5 into one of my own projects. The basic API flow is simple: create a task, get the task ID, and poll un...
New

Other popular topics Top

PragmaticBookshelf
Andy and Dave wrote this influential, classic book to help their clients create better software and rediscover the joy of coding. Almost ...
New
DevotionGeo
I know that -t flag is used along with -i flag for getting an interactive shell. But I cannot digest what the man page for docker run com...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Build highly interactive applications without ever leaving Elixir, the way the experts do. Let LiveView take care of performance, scalabi...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Create efficient, elegant software tests in pytest, Python's most powerful testing framework. Brian Okken @brianokken Edited by Kat...
New
AstonJ
If you get Can't find emacs in your PATH when trying to install Doom Emacs on your Mac you… just… need to install Emacs first! :lol: bre...
New
AstonJ
If you want a quick and easy way to block any website on your Mac using Little Snitch simply… File > New Rule: And select Deny, O...
New
husaindevelop
Inside our android webview app, we are trying to paste the copied content from another app eg (notes) using navigator.clipboard.readtext ...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Programming Ruby is the most complete book on Ruby, covering both the language itself and the standard library as well as commonly used t...
New
CommunityNews
A Brief Review of the Minisforum V3 AMD Tablet. Update: I have created an awesome-minisforum-v3 GitHub repository to list information fo...
New
Fl4m3Ph03n1x
Background Lately I am in a quest to find a good quality TTS ai generation tool to run locally in order to create audio for some videos I...
New