apoorv-2204

apoorv-2204

General opinion on Google Gemini for code?

General thoughts on google gemini ?
IMHO , when compared chatgpt and claude sonnnet its pretty shit, and its feels broken,

#ai

Most Liked

KnowledgeIsPower

KnowledgeIsPower

I have a subscription with an AI service.

When I ask the AI it’s name in the prompt.
e.g.
Are you Claude Sonnet 4 or Sonnet 3.7, it answer me it’s Sonnet 3.5.
When I ask if it is Google Gemini 2.5, it said it is Sonnet 3.5!

So, I am confused at what the actual AI model I am using.

KnowledgeIsPower

KnowledgeIsPower

For Google Gemini 2.5 pro
I can access it in Github copilot and another AI service.

Sometimes, Gemini just truncated the answer. It stopped in the middle.
But to me, it seems Gemini 2.5 Pro is better than GPT o4-mini.

jaeyson

jaeyson

i have mixed feelings on where should i pick a tool for each category: coding and learning non-coding topics. I also get mixed results with gemini and claude (free ones)

Where Next?

Popular Ai topics Top

AstonJ
I saw this clip of Elon Musk talking about AI and wondered what others think - are you looking forward to AI? Or do you find it concerning?
New
AstonJ
Curious what kind of results others are getting, I think actually prefer the 7B model to the 32B model, not only is it faster but the qua...
New
AstonJ
AI has been a hot topic here on Devtalk recently, so along that theme: How useful do you think AI dev tools are right now and how useful ...
New
apoorv-2204
General thoughts on google gemini ? IMHO , when compared chatgpt and claude sonnnet its pretty shit, and its feels broken,
#ai
New
AstonJ
Tucker: You’ve had complaints from one programmer who said you steal people’s stuff without paying them and he winded up being murdered.
New
xiji2646-netizen
Been using a two-stage workflow for AI video production that’s been consistently more reliable than text-to-video: Generate a 3×3 stor...
New
xiji2646-netizen
DeepSeek officially launched deepseek-v4-flash and deepseek-v4-pro in preview on April 24, 2026. The legacy routes (deepseek-chat, deepse...
New
xiji2646-netizen
There’s a GitHub repo at forrestchang/andrej-karpathy-skills that’s sitting at 97.8k stars. It’s a single CLAUDE.md file with four behavi...
New
xiji2646-netizen
Cursor cloud agent development This month’s updates: Codex got real Windows sandboxing (May 13) ...
New
xiji2646-netizen
Codex mobile in the ChatGPT app https://techcrunch.com/wp-content/uploads/2026/05/App-view.png?resize=1200,675) Codex shipped a batch o...
New

Other popular topics Top

Devtalk
Hello Devtalk World! Please let us know a little about who you are and where you’re from :nerd_face:
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Machine learning can be intimidating, with its reliance on math and algorithms that most programmers don't encounter in their regular wor...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Brace yourself for a fun challenge: build a photorealistic 3D renderer from scratch! In just a couple of weeks, build a ray tracer that r...
New
mafinar
This is going to be a long an frequently posted thread. While talking to a friend of mine who has taken data structure and algorithm cou...
New
AstonJ
We’ve talked about his book briefly here but it is quickly becoming obsolete - so he’s decided to create a series of 7 podcasts, the firs...
New
New
AstonJ
Curious what kind of results others are getting, I think actually prefer the 7B model to the 32B model, not only is it faster but the qua...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
A concise guide to MySQL 9 database administration, covering fundamental concepts, techniques, and best practices. Neil Smyth MySQL...
New
pragdave
Build robust LLM-powered apps, chatbots, and agents while mastering AI engineering principles that will help you outlast the tools and th...
New
CommunityNews
Open-source implementation of the classic GTA engine now running directly in your browser. Experience the reVC technology demo on DOS.Zon...
New