kammy

kammy

Benchmarking AI Design (+ the quirks of AI generated UI right now)

Hi everyone!

The other day I was having a debate with my friends about whether or not the top LLM models are “good at design.” I’d love to hear other people’s thoughts & experiences, as well as what models (if any) people use to help them improve their interfaces if they don’t have access to a designer.

I’m also curious about if anyone has noticed interesting trends across models or within specific models on design. For example, I can’t help but notice DeepSeek & Anthropic models love gradient purple titles & backgrounds, and OpenAI has a serious issue with putting white text on white backgrounds / unreadable colors.

I also built a website where people can compare different models on the same design prompts, creating a crowdsourced leaderboard. Would love to hear thoughts & reactions

Where Next?

Popular Ai topics Top

AstonJ
I saw this clip of Elon Musk talking about AI and wondered what others think - are you looking forward to AI? Or do you find it concerning?
New
AstonJ
This video about multi-agent AI is a really nice watch - it only took them a few million tries to master certain strategies - doing much ...
#ai
New
AstonJ
Tucker: You’ve had complaints from one programmer who said you steal people’s stuff without paying them and he winded up being murdered.
New
xiji2646-netizen
I’ve been following Seedance 2.0 since ByteDance dropped it in February, and after a few weeks of testing through third-party APIs, I wan...
New
xiji2646-netizen
Google just dropped a significant Deep Research upgrade: collaborative planning, multi-tool orchestration (MCP servers, Code Execution, F...
New
xiji2646-netizen
DeepSeek officially launched deepseek-v4-flash and deepseek-v4-pro in preview on April 24, 2026. The legacy routes (deepseek-chat, deepse...
New
xiji2646-netizen
There’s a GitHub repo at forrestchang/andrej-karpathy-skills that’s sitting at 97.8k stars. It’s a single CLAUDE.md file with four behavi...
New
xiji2646-netizen
Claude Code, Markdown, and the Case for HTML Artifacts I do not think Markdown is going away. It is still the right format for README f...
New
xiji2646-netizen
Cursor cloud agent development This month’s updates: Codex got real Windows sandboxing (May 13) ...
New
LatentLogic
I recently integrated Seedance 2.5 into one of my own projects. The basic API flow is simple: create a task, get the task ID, and poll un...
New

Other popular topics Top

Exadra37
I am thinking in building or buy a desktop computer for programing, both professionally and on my free time, and my choice of OS is Linux...
New
AstonJ
I’ve been hearing quite a lot of comments relating to the sound of a keyboard, with one of the most desirable of these called ‘thock’, he...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Build highly interactive applications without ever leaving Elixir, the way the experts do. Let LiveView take care of performance, scalabi...
New
foxtrottwist
A few weeks ago I started using Warp a terminal written in rust. Though in it’s current state of development there are a few caveats (tab...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Rails 7 completely redefines what it means to produce fantastic user experiences and provides a way to achieve all the benefits of single...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Author Spotlight Mike Riley @mriley This month, we turn the spotlight on Mike Riley, author of Portable Python Projects. Mike’s book ...
New
RobertRichards
Hair Salon Games for Girls Fun Girls Hair Saloon game is mainly developed for kids. This game allows users to select virtual avatars to ...
New
mindriot
Ok, well here are some thoughts and opinions on some of the ergonomic keyboards I have, I guess like mini review of each that I use enoug...
New
xiji2646-netizen
Woke up to this today: Claude Code’s complete source code exposed via npm source map. Not a snippet. All 512,000 lines. 1,900 TypeScript ...
New
xiji2646-netizen
There’s a GitHub repo at forrestchang/andrej-karpathy-skills that’s sitting at 97.8k stars. It’s a single CLAUDE.md file with four behavi...
New