rustkas

rustkas

Property-Based Testing with PropEr, Erlang, and Elixir: generator utf8() is absent (page 452)

Appendix 4
Generator Reference
(page 452)

The table has description about utf8() generator:

Generates to utf8-encoded text as a binary data structure.

Unfortunately, PropEr API do not has this generator. Link to documentation of PropEr API - link.

Link to unit() generator documentation - link. Link to vector() generator documentation - link. There are the closest places where documentation of utf8() generator could be.

Check if any generator is present in PropEr API, like integer() or tuple() via console:

lists:keyfind(integer, 1, element(2, lists:keyfind(exports, 1, proper_types:module_info()))).
{integer,2}
lists:keyfind(tuple, 1, element(2, lists:keyfind(exports, 1, proper_types:module_info()))).
{tuple,1}

Check if generator utf8() is missing in PropEr API via console:

lists:keyfind(utf8, 1, element(2, lists:keyfind(exports, 1, proper_types:module_info()))).
false

Note that, the console should be lounched in pbt project folder, which was created in the Chapter 1.

proper_types src.

Marked As Solved

rustkas

rustkas

I get it! Now (after gaining experience with the PropEr framework) I understand that utf8() generator exists. :partying_face:
It is in its (special) part of the framework - module proper_unicode.

It would be nice if this function at its location would have some kind of footnote.

Where Next?

Popular Pragmatic Bookshelf topics Top

iPaul
page 37 ANTLRInputStream input = new ANTLRInputStream(is); as of ANTLR 4 .8 should be: CharStream stream = CharStreams.fromStream(i...
New
brianokken
Many tasks_proj/tests directories exist in chapters 2, 3, 5 that have tests that use the custom markers smoke and get, which are not decl...
New
ianwillie
Hello Brian, I have some problems with running the code in your book. I like the style of the book very much and I have learnt a lot as...
New
HarryDeveloper
Hi @venkats, It has been mentioned in the description of ‘Supervisory Job’ title that 2 things as mentioned below result in the same eff...
New
AleksandrKudashkin
On the page xv there is an instruction to run bin/setup from the main folder. I downloaded the source code today (12/03/21) and can’t see...
New
brian-m-ops
#book-python-testing-with-pytest-second-edition Hi. Thanks for writing the book. I am just learning so this might just of been an issue ...
New
adamwoolhether
I’m not quite sure what’s going on here, but I’m unable to have to containers successfully complete the Readiness/Liveness checks. I’m im...
New
brunogirin
When I run the coverage example to report on missing lines, I get: pytest --cov=cards --report=term-missing ch7 ERROR: usage: pytest [op...
New
brunogirin
When running tox for the first time, I got the following error: ERROR: InterpreterNotFound: python3.10 I realised that I was running ...
New
taguniversalmachine
It seems the second code snippet is missing the code to set the current_user: current_user: Accounts.get_user_by_session_token(session["...
New

Other popular topics Top

PragmaticBookshelf
Write Elixir tests that you can be proud of. Dive into Elixir’s test philosophy and gain mastery over the terminology and concepts that u...
New
AstonJ
I’ve been hearing quite a lot of comments relating to the sound of a keyboard, with one of the most desirable of these called ‘thock’, he...
New
AstonJ
In case anyone else is wondering why Ruby 3 doesn’t show when you do asdf list-all ruby :man_facepalming: do this first: asdf plugin-upd...
New
Margaret
Hello everyone! This thread is to tell you about what authors from The Pragmatic Bookshelf are writing on Medium.
1147 29994 760
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Create efficient, elegant software tests in pytest, Python's most powerful testing framework. Brian Okken @brianokken Edited by Kat...
New
mafinar
This is going to be a long an frequently posted thread. While talking to a friend of mine who has taken data structure and algorithm cou...
New
New
First poster: AstonJ
Jan | Rethink the Computer. Jan turns your computer into an AI machine by running LLMs locally on your computer. It’s a privacy-focus, l...
New
RobertRichards
Hair Salon Games for Girls Fun Girls Hair Saloon game is mainly developed for kids. This game allows users to select virtual avatars to ...
New
CommunityNews
Open-source implementation of the classic GTA engine now running directly in your browser. Experience the reVC technology demo on DOS.Zon...
New

Sub Categories: