thehoagie
Modern Front-End Development for Rails:
Modern Front-End Development for Rails: Adding Interactivity with Turbo Frames (page 22)
This mentions you can login to the seed data with the user areader@example.com and the password awesome.. This does not appear to be a valid account. The user record with this email exists in the users table, but I had to User.find_by(email: 'areader@example.com').update(password: 'awesome.') to get this login to work
Marked As Solved
noelrappin
Author of Modern Front-End Development for Rails
The default password doesn’t have a period.
Popular Pragmatic Bookshelf topics
Hello Brian,
I have some problems with running the code in your book. I like the style of the book very much and I have learnt a lot as...
New
Title: Hands-On Rust (Chap 8 (Adding a Heads Up Display)
It looks like
.with_simple_console_no_bg(SCREEN_WIDTH*2, SCREEN_HEIGHT*2...
New
Title: Hands-On Rust (Chapter 11: prefab)
Just played a couple of amulet-less games. With a bit of debugging, I believe that your can_p...
New
Hello! On page xix of the preface, it says there is a community forum "… for help if your’re stuck on one of the exercises in this book… ...
New
Hello! Thanks for the great book.
I was attempting the Trie (chap 17) exercises and for number 4 the solution provided for the autocorre...
New
When installing Cards as an editable package, I get the following error:
ERROR: File “setup.py” not found. Directory cannot be installe...
New
It seems the second code snippet is missing the code to set the current_user:
current_user: Accounts.get_user_by_session_token(session["...
New
Hi,
I am getting an error I cannot figure out on my test.
I have what I think is the exact code from the book, other than I changed “us...
New
When running the program in chapter 8, “Implementing Combat”, the printout Health before attack was never printed so I assumed something ...
New
Hello faithful readers! If you have tried to follow along in the book, you are asked to start up the dev environment via dx/build and ar...
New
Other popular topics
New
Bought the Moonlander mechanical keyboard. Cherry Brown MX switches. Arms and wrists have been hurting enough that it’s time I did someth...
New
From finance to artificial intelligence, genetic algorithms are a powerful tool with a wide array of applications. But you don't need an ...
New
Start building native Android apps the modern way in Kotlin with Jetpack's expansive set of tools, libraries, and best practices. Learn h...
New
This looks like a stunning keycap set :orange_heart:
A LEGENDARY KEYBOARD LIVES ON
When you bought an Apple Macintosh computer in the e...
New
Do the test and post your score :nerd_face:
:keyboard:
If possible, please add info such as the keyboard you’re using, the layout (Qw...
New
We’ve talked about his book briefly here but it is quickly becoming obsolete - so he’s decided to create a series of 7 podcasts, the firs...
New
I have always used antique keyboards like Cherry MX 1800 or Cherry MX 8100 and almost always have modified the switches in some way, like...
New
Big O Notation can make your code faster by orders of magnitude. Get the hands-on info you need to master data structures and algorithms ...
New
A Brief Review of the Minisforum V3 AMD Tablet.
Update: I have created an awesome-minisforum-v3 GitHub repository to list information fo...
New
Latest in Modern Front-End Development for Rails
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Popular Portals
- /elixir
- /rust
- /wasm
- /ruby
- /erlang
- /phoenix
- /keyboards
- /python
- /js
- /rails
- /security
- /go
- /swift
- /vim
- /java
- /clojure
- /typescript
- /emacs
- /haskell
- /svelte
- /onivim
- /kotlin
- /react
- /c-plus-plus
- /crystal
- /tailwind
- /gleam
- /ocaml
- /elm
- /vscode
- /flutter
- /html
- /ash
- /deepseek
- /zig
- /opensuse
- /centos
- /php
- /scala
- /react-native
- /lisp
- /sublime-text
- /textmate
- /nixos
- /debian
- /agda
- /deno
- /django
- /kubuntu
- /arch-linux
- /nodejs
- /spring
- /ubuntu
- /revery
- /manjaro
- /julia
- /diversity
- /quarkus
- /lua
- /markdown









