simple
Machine Learning in Elixir: Chapter 10/11 Code fixes that worked for me (Page 226-260)
Page 226
Mix install uses older versins of exla, should 0.6 to work with cuda120
Page 230
targets pipeline in Data module misses |> Nx.tensor()
Page 231
chunk_every misses :discard?
Page 232
uses non existing variable prices
Also windows_size in code is 30, text says 5
Page 234
Model seems off, I get an error about empty tensor resulting from conv.
This worked for me but doesn’t match the image of the model
cnn_model =
Axon.input("stock_price")
|> Axon.nx(&Nx.new_axis(&1, -1))
|> Axon.conv(32, kernel_size: {window_size, 1}, activation: :relu)
|> Axon.dense(32, activation: :relu)
|> Axon.dense(1)
template = Nx.template({32, 10, 1}, :f32)
Axon.Display.as_graph(cnn_model, template)
Page 236
Eval form is cut of in pdf
Chapter 11
Page 257
With current bumblebee version should be
{:ok, generation_config} = Bumblebee.load_generation_config({:hf, "microsoft/DialoGPT-medium"})
serving =
Bumblebee.Text.conversation(model, tokenizer,
generation_config,
compile: [batch_size: 1, sequence_length: 1000],
defn_options: [compiler: EXLA]
)
Page 260
should be image instead of image.data
Marked As Solved
seanmor5
Author of Genetic Algorithms in Elixir
Thanks for pointing these out! I’ve addressed them
Popular Pragmatic Bookshelf topics
Hello Brian,
I have some problems with running the code in your book. I like the style of the book very much and I have learnt a lot as...
New
The following is cross-posted from the original Ray Tracer Challenge forum, from a post by garfieldnate. I’m cross-posting it so that the...
New
Title: Build a Weather Station with Elixir and Nerves: Problem connecting to Postgres with Grafana on (page 64)
If you follow the defau...
New
When I run the coverage example to report on missing lines, I get:
pytest --cov=cards --report=term-missing ch7
ERROR: usage: pytest [op...
New
When running tox for the first time, I got the following error:
ERROR: InterpreterNotFound: python3.10
I realised that I was running ...
New
Is the book’s epub format available to read on Google Play Books?
New
Book: Programming Phoenix LiveView, page 142 (157/378), file lib/pento_web/live/product_live/form_component.ex, in the function below:
d...
New
Modern front-end development for Rails, second edition - Struggling to get the first chapter to work
After running /bin/setup, the first error was: The foreman' command exists in these Ruby versions: That was easy to fix: gem install fore...
New
@mfazio23
I’ve applied the changes from Chapter 5 of the book and everything builds correctly and runs. But, when I try to start a game,...
New
Disclaimer: I hope all of this is accurate, and not the result of some stupid typo I failed to notice. Anyways…
This post comprises 2 is...
New
Other popular topics
New
I am thinking in building or buy a desktop computer for programing, both professionally and on my free time, and my choice of OS is Linux...
New
No chair. I have a standing desk.
This post was split into a dedicated thread from our thread about chairs :slight_smile:
New
Start building native Android apps the modern way in Kotlin with Jetpack's expansive set of tools, libraries, and best practices. Learn h...
New
Do the test and post your score :nerd_face:
:keyboard:
If possible, please add info such as the keyboard you’re using, the layout (Qw...
New
Hi folks,
I don’t know if I saw this here but, here’s a new programming language, called Roc
Reminds me a bit of Elm and thus Haskell. ...
New
New
Programming Ruby is the most complete book on Ruby, covering both the language itself and the standard library as well as commonly used t...
New
Jan | Rethink the Computer.
Jan turns your computer into an AI machine by running LLMs locally on your computer. It’s a privacy-focus, l...
New
Quickly turn complex problems into simple, working solutions using functional programming, safe concurrency, and the expressive tools of ...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Popular Portals
- /elixir
- /rust
- /wasm
- /ruby
- /erlang
- /phoenix
- /keyboards
- /python
- /js
- /rails
- /security
- /go
- /swift
- /vim
- /java
- /clojure
- /typescript
- /emacs
- /haskell
- /svelte
- /onivim
- /kotlin
- /react
- /c-plus-plus
- /crystal
- /tailwind
- /gleam
- /ocaml
- /elm
- /vscode
- /flutter
- /html
- /ash
- /deepseek
- /zig
- /opensuse
- /centos
- /php
- /react-native
- /scala
- /lisp
- /sublime-text
- /textmate
- /nixos
- /debian
- /agda
- /deno
- /django
- /kubuntu
- /arch-linux
- /nodejs
- /ubuntu
- /spring
- /revery
- /manjaro
- /julia
- /lua
- /quarkus
- /diversity
- /laravel









