tunelabguy

tunelabguy

Beta testing without giving away licenses

I have an expensive app ($160) in the Play Store that I would like to update. I would like to do a beta test of the update with potential customers of this specialty product. But it seems that after the beta test, the testers will have a permanent license to the app. This is unlike the Apple TestFlight beta test which lasts for 90 days and then expires. Testers do not get to keep their license forever. Since my app is so expensive and the pool of potential customers is very small, I really don’t want to give away 10 or 20 licenses at $160 each just to have them test my app and probably not even giving me any feedback. Is there any way to offer my app for testing in such a way that the testers are not granted permanent licenses in the Play Store?

First Post!

AstonJ

AstonJ

I’m not sure how the play store works but if it’s just for testing, i.e not for reviews, then you could create a version of the app that stops working when you release the final product.

However you may just want to let those users have a copy - even if you release a beta version you may want to give them a full version for their time. I wouldn’t look at it as losing customers, but more as gaining loyal fans who may be more likely to talk positively about your app (assuming it’s good) - and that is probably going to worth a lot more than you may realise.

When I released an app on the Mac app store I gave away a few copies and some of the users left a review (I didn’t ask them to) but they were very glowing reviews, and I am certain at least 50% of the reason why people were buying my app (it was just 99p, but still sold quite a few).

Where Next?

Popular Android topics Top

husaindevelop
Inside our android webview app, we are trying to paste the copied content from another app eg (notes) using navigator.clipboard.readtext ...
New
ciger
I want to get a clone of Instagram APK But with a difference I want to define in this clone that, for example, it is not possible to acc...
New
Tuk-tuk
Hello! I’m learning Android Jetpack compose development from tutorials and documentation by Android developers. And I ran into a problem…...
New
cve60069
Hello I am starting the tearning curve to writing an app for my galaxy phone. Me and my friens play a lot of “Texas Hold-Em” and, for t...
New
vsiPr
I am trying to develop an app which will make your smartphone act as a “keyboard”. I need it to send different symbols to another devices...
New
Sadik
I’ve been hearing a lot about AI in mobile phones lately, and I’m kind of confused about how it’s different from the usual smart features...
New
Dysentery
I am trying to implement the PIN entry page using device’s TEE. I have acquired the confidential OEM Documentation. It have some C++ code...
New
langtec
I have installed Android studio, first the snap version, then downloaded Panda 2.x from the website. In both versions, the emulator keeps...
New
yosefk
I’m creating Hotspot network in Android by WifiManager.startLocalOnlyHotspot. It register the I/F in NetworkInterfaces but it does not i...
New
bobj
The front screen cracked on my BLU J5L (FCC ID: YHLBLU5L20) months ago. The BLU company won’t won’t sell parts for it, or say which Chin...
New

Other popular topics Top

brentjanderson
Bought the Moonlander mechanical keyboard. Cherry Brown MX switches. Arms and wrists have been hurting enough that it’s time I did someth...
New
AstonJ
There’s a whole world of custom keycaps out there that I didn’t know existed! Check out all of our Keycaps threads here: https://forum....
New
AstonJ
I’ve been hearing quite a lot of comments relating to the sound of a keyboard, with one of the most desirable of these called ‘thock’, he...
New
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Build highly interactive applications without ever leaving Elixir, the way the experts do. Let LiveView take care of performance, scalabi...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Create efficient, elegant software tests in pytest, Python's most powerful testing framework. Brian Okken @brianokken Edited by Kat...
New
AstonJ
We’ve talked about his book briefly here but it is quickly becoming obsolete - so he’s decided to create a series of 7 podcasts, the firs...
New
husaindevelop
Inside our android webview app, we are trying to paste the copied content from another app eg (notes) using navigator.clipboard.readtext ...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
A concise guide to MySQL 9 database administration, covering fundamental concepts, techniques, and best practices. Neil Smyth MySQL...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Use advanced functional programming principles, practical Domain-Driven Design techniques, and production-ready Elixir code to build scal...
New