JimmyCarterSon

JimmyCarterSon

Assistance with Schema Mix

I am confused about the Schema setup,

I am setting up a new application and I want to seed files in it as well. I tried to mix to create the schema mix phx.gen.html Delish.food delish_foods title:string ingredients:string summary:string date:integer
I keep getting this error even if I try phx.gen.schema, the error looks like this

** (Mix) Expected the context, "Delish.food", to be a valid module name

mix phx.gen.html, phx.gen.json, phx.gen.live, and phx.gen.context
expect a context module name, followed by singular and plural names
of the generated resource, ending with any number of attributes.
For example:

    mix phx.gen.html Accounts User users name:string
    mix phx.gen.json Accounts User users name:string
    mix phx.gen.live Accounts User users name:string
    mix phx.gen.context Accounts User users name:string

The context serves as the API boundary for the given resource.
Multiple resources may belong to a context and a resource may be
split over distinct contexts (such as Accounts.User and Payments.User).

Do I just set up the schema with one title:string?

Marked As Solved

AntonRich

AntonRich

I see. I got a bit confused and thought you wanted to only create Schema, but you’re trying to create Context and Schema.

mix phx.gen.html Foods Food delish_foods title:string ingredients:string summary:string date:integer

Foods - Context Module
Food - Schemade module
delish_foods - table name

It will create:

  • a context module in lib/app/foods.ex for the accounts API
  • lib/app/foods - folder
  • lib/app/foods/food.ex - schema module

It will also create templates, views, and a controller. It will show all the files it created in the terminal.

Also Liked

AntonRich

AntonRich

mix phx.gen.html - a command that will generate Context module and Schema
https://hexdocs.pm/phoenix/Mix.Tasks.Phx.Gen.Html.html

while
mix phx.gen.schema - will generate Schema
https://hexdocs.pm/phoenix/Mix.Tasks.Phx.Gen.Schema.html

P.S. Sorry, posted too early. You already mentioned using mix pxh.gen.schema
P.P.S I think it’s supposed to be mix phx.gen.schema Delish.Food - ‘food’ should be started with a capital latter to indicate a module.

JimmyCarterSon

JimmyCarterSon

I am still getting the same error

** (Mix) Expected the schema, "delish_foods", to be a valid module name

mix phx.gen.html, phx.gen.json, phx.gen.live, and phx.gen.context
expect a context module name, followed by singular and plural names
of the generated resource, ending with any number of attributes.
For example:

    mix phx.gen.html Accounts User users name:string
    mix phx.gen.json Accounts User users name:string
    mix phx.gen.live Accounts User users name:string
    mix phx.gen.context Accounts User users name:string

The context serves as the API boundary for the given resource.
Multiple resources may belong to a context and a resource may be
split over distinct contexts (such as Accounts.User and Payments.User).
JimmyCarterSon

JimmyCarterSon

Could you give me an example using this mix phx.gen.html Delish.food delish_foods title:string ingredients:string summary:string date:integer? on how the two mix commands are different?

Where Next?

Popular Backend topics Top

Jsdr3398
Are there any databases that require no setup (can be shipped in a small zip together with the project)?
New
TwistingTwists
Hello Folks, I am a novice developer from India. Intending to learn Elixir and web apps (phoenix framework). What are things that I MUS...
New
Fl4m3Ph03n1x
Background I am trying to get a Github Action working with Windows and Bakeware because I am trying to create a release using it. Howeve...
New
Fl4m3Ph03n1x
Background I am trying to up my Functional Programming (FP) skills and one of the things that newcomers first learn in FP is the Option T...
New
JimmyCarterSon
I am confused about the Schema setup, I am setting up a new application and I want to seed files in it as well. I tried to mix to create...
New
Fl4m3Ph03n1x
Background I am moving towards defined data structures in my application, and I find that TypedStruct is quite useful. Questions Howeve...
New
sona11
I’m having a difficulty. I want to modify an attribute’s data type from String to Array. { “id”: “trn:tarb:tradingpartner:uuid:00000...
New
New
Fl4m3Ph03n1x
Background When trying to execute mix release on a Windows 11 machine for a Phoenix project I get the following error: * assembling mark...
New
yamuna
Hi everyone, I’m trying to run deepseek-coder:6.7b-instruct-q4_K_M in Docker using Ollama to create an LLM that will be used by CrewAI a...
New

Other popular topics Top

PragmaticBookshelf
Andy and Dave wrote this influential, classic book to help their clients create better software and rediscover the joy of coding. Almost ...
New
Rainer
My first contact with Erlang was about 2 years ago when I used RabbitMQ, which is written in Erlang, for my job. This made me curious and...
New
AstonJ
Just done a fresh install of macOS Big Sur and on installing Erlang I am getting: asdf install erlang 23.1.2 Configure failed. checking ...
New
DevotionGeo
The V Programming Language Simple language for building maintainable programs V is already mentioned couple of times in the forum, but I...
New
Margaret
Hello everyone! This thread is to tell you about what authors from The Pragmatic Bookshelf are writing on Medium.
1147 29994 760
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Author Spotlight Jamis Buck @jamis This month, we have the pleasure of spotlighting author Jamis Buck, who has written Mazes for Prog...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Author Spotlight Mike Riley @mriley This month, we turn the spotlight on Mike Riley, author of Portable Python Projects. Mike’s book ...
New
New
New
AstonJ
This is cool! DEEPSEEK-V3 ON M4 MAC: BLAZING FAST INFERENCE ON APPLE SILICON We just witnessed something incredible: the largest open-s...
New